Fedex buyouts get closer to reality

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
so true...however, on a positive note, the chances for drivers to get unceremoniously booted out the door for any and every BS infraction shall rise exponentially. "I'm sorry, Hanna, in the past 12 months you failed to cross a 'T' once and dot an 'I' twice, not to mention that van scan you missed a few years ago...tut tut. We're still reeling from that one. This sort of incompetence simply can no longer be tolerated. Thanks for your 25+ years of blood sweat and tears, but quite frankly we have determined your continued employment with the firm to be too much of a liability. Don't forget to turn in your uniforms before the door hits you in the ***** on your way out."

Yep. I hope there are some attorneys out there ready and willing to go after FedEx for their employment practices.

Manager Wants Buyout

I doubt Kinko's will get it either. They've shown a long history of not fixing problems here. When they took it over, we thought it was great only to learn it would become an epic fraud failure collapse.
Yep. IMO, The folks who will get buyouts will managers, support staff mostly in Memphis, sales people and computer techs -programmers. The only front line people who will get offers IMO will be Kinkos related employees. They over built the number of store fronts and now they will have to pull back.
Drivers have as much chance of getting an offer as they would winning the lottery. I wish I was wrong on that but that's the reality.

Goldilocks

Latest news, no hourly employees are eligible for the vol. buyout. Also they plan on only eliminating 12 SMs and 40 Managers in the US.....

Goldilocks

FedEx TechConnect Organizational Structure & Voluntary Buyout Update
FedEx TechConnect Contributes to Improving the Company’s Efficiency and Profitability
When FedEx announced its plan to target $1.7 billion in profit improvement by the end of FY16, we knew that every part of the enterprise would play a role. At FedEx TechConnect (FTC), we have consistently delivered outstanding experiences while managing our cost structure exceptionally well.
The FedEx roadmap for future success depends on our ability to adapt to changing customer demands and an ever-changing economic climate. For us, that means supporting the company’s top priorities while reducing work that provides lower value. Simply put, we have to work smarter with our valuable, but limited resources. Our focus will remain on the most important work and projects.Â
You are the Link in Reshaping our Future at FedEx TechConnect
As the voice of FedEx, FTC is the critical link between FedEx and our customers. We are revolutionizing the world of customer support services by providing creative solutions to meet customers’ needs – sometimes even before they know a need exists.
Today, you will receive a message from your Vice President with details about our new organization and the reshaped structures at the officer and managing director levels. We are confident these changes will ensure every interaction ends with a thoroughly delighted customer who wants to conduct business with FedEx again and again.
I am proud of the accomplishments we’ve achieved and our ability to respond to every customer with a single point of contact. It’s because of your dedication that your officer team can reshape the future of FTC. Click here* to view the new FTC divisional structure.
We are simplifying the customer experience by bundling services and integrating information. As part of that effort, June 1, 2013, Customer Support Services will transition to other functional areas within FTC:
•Trace Operations will move to Customer Service Operations
•Packaging Services and Cargo Claims will move to Global Revenue Planning and Controls.
Officer and Director Changes
It is with sadness and excitement that I announce that Vice Presidents Sheila Harrell and Chris Demos along with Managing Director Marianne Mutter have accepted the voluntary buyout package and will be retiring by August 31, 2013. Vice President Casey Zettler and Managing Director Don Bland have also accepted the voluntary buyout package and will remain with FTC to lead the integration of CSO and CSS through April 2014.
I plan to replace two of the three VP positions over the next nine to twelve months. During this time, Repair Services will report directly to me until we post the position. Overall, FTC is reducing its leadership ranks by one officer and three managing directors.
Additional Changes
Over the next two to three years, the Remote Rep Program will be further expanded to include Phoenix, Chicago, Salt Lake City, Dallas, Kansas City, Atlanta, and Fort Lauderdale. The call centers in Memphis, Harrison, Akron and Lakeland will remain unchanged at this time. Our long term goal is for the entire call center network to work remotely.
In addition, the Lakeland and El Segundo Revenue Services Operations teams will be transitioning to Customer Service Operations.
Save the Date - Connect with Cary LIVE Webcast – March 5
The FTC leadership team will provide more details about our reshaped org structure during the upcoming Connect with Cary LIVE webcast on Tuesday, March 5 at 1 p.m. CST.
Next Steps in the Voluntary Buyout Process
In December, we announced additional information on the voluntary buyout program which is one component of our roadmap for future success. This recognizes the significant contributions of our employees and balances that against the changing business environment our company faces. Over the past few weeks, we have provided tools to help you make informed choices about the voluntary buyout.
As previously shared, we have conducted a careful analysis to determine exactly which work groups and how many employees in a workgroup will be eligible to participate in the voluntary buyout.
We have set caps on the number of voluntary buyouts available for some departments, locations, organization codes and job codes. If a department or location has a numerical cap on voluntary buyouts, it simply means that group must maintain a certain number of employees after the voluntary buyout is complete to effectively support its mission. Â
Some groups have been carved out of the voluntary buyout program, meaning the employees in that department, location, organization code or job code won‘t be eligible to participate in the voluntary buyout. These cap and carve out decisions are based on business needs to ensure we can operate effectively after the voluntary buyout process is complete and to avoid backfill hiring.
On February 15, employees eligible for the Voluntary Buyout will receive an email from FedEx via a tool called DocuSign. This tool will allow employees to review and sign their personalized agreement electronically. Employees will have until April 1 to review the information and accept a voluntary buyout offer. The acceptance of the buyout offer will be made electronically through DocuSign.
Three important things to note: 1) Accepting the offer is voluntary. If an employee does not wish to accept, no action is required. 2) Even if an employee accepts the offer, FedEx may decline the acceptance based on the need to ensure that business critical work continues so the company can meet customer expectations. If FedEx does accept the request and the employee is on short term or long term disability the employee will cease to receive disability benefits as of the date of termination. 3) Once an employee signs an agreement, they have seven days to revoke their acceptance. Details on how to revoke are included in the agreement. Â
A special section remains available on the FedEx TechConnect Intranet Home Page where you can access information and dedicated resources to help you consider the voluntary buyout. Also, we have included details on the DocuSign process. In addition, the FedEx Voluntary Buyout Hotline will remain available for you.
1-866-818-8910 (Toll-Free)
8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. CST, Monday - Friday
Shaping our Future
This week, you will continue to learn more about these changes from your management chain. The majority of these will not take place until June 1, 2013. Some, however, may not be implemented until several months after that. This is being done to ensure optimal planning is completed. In QDM fashion, the key is to do this right the first time.
The voluntary buyout program provided us with the necessary flexibility to implement and reshape FTC while also contributing to the profitability improvements outlined in the FedEx roadmap to future success. For those of you who are considering the various opportunities before you, please remember your voice, commitment and loyalty has shaped the company and made it what it is today, a vital link within the entire enterprise. Your commitment to the Purple Promise will always be appreciated and valued.
Thank you,
Cary Pappas
President & CEO
FedEx TechConnect
Note: Some users may be prompted for a User ID when accessing the link above. If so, enter CORP\your FedEx ID # and your LDAP password. For example, if your employee number is 654987, enter CORP\654987. If you are asked to log in repeatedly, try the steps here.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Latest news, no hourly employees are eligible for the vol. buyout. Also they plan on only eliminating 12 SMs and 40 Managers in the US.....

Just saw the memo. VP's, some MD's and district consolidations/collapses. BZ's all around to each other for how effing wonderful they are. About what I expected.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Wonder if Big Mama will take it...she should, but then that would give her more time to harass the people that deliver near her house. Definitely would like to see my current manager take it, useless p.o.s.

Goldilocks

Wonder if Big Mama will take it...she should, but then that would give her more time to harass the people that deliver near her house. Definitely would like to see my current manager take it, useless p.o.s.

Big mama can take it because she has her husband working as a dispatcher and wont get a buyout...

DontThrowPackages

My SM is not very optimistic. Not ready to go yet but gets the feeling its gonna be Plata o Plomo. GTFO and take the money or wait through the storm only to GTFO with nothing.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Well, crap. Only the higher-ups are getting a chance to get PAID to leave this lousy company.

Would you expect it to be any other way? The memo I saw (written by a VP) was a sickening ass-kissing piece of work that praised the leadership of the company and thanked the departees. He probably had to scrub his lips with a brush and Clorox to get all the poop off.

Truly nauseating.

Manager Wants Buyout

No buyouts in FXO. I spent the last 3 hours of my shift physically ill after Brian D sent out the death sentence today around 2. I'm getting my Clorox Wipes and vacuum ready. They will be out for blood between now and May. Oh well, keep it wiped, keep it tight and sell a few pens. How bad is this dumpster of a company? It's bad.