Fedex Dissolving Routes

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
In my station Fedex is dissolving routes and forcing senior employees off of their routes and making them choose to either take worse routes that are open, or go on an unpaid leave of absence and retire.

There is a specific policy to handle this and there's no way this crap would survive the GFT process.

What's an MM/08?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
At FXE you might find a certain set of company policies and protocols in your employee handbook but who in the hell's going to make them abide by them.

The GFT process exists for that purpose. For clear issues such as this one, it works wonders. Anything else you'd like to opine about despite complete ignorance?

The GFT process exists for that purpose. For clear issues such as this one, it works wonders. Anything else you'd like to opine about despite complete ignorance?
I have been at Fedex much longer than 20 years so I am far from ignorant. This issue has been GFTd. It was kicked back as a non-GFT issue. Please consider what you say before you call folks ignorant. You do not know what they know. Respectfully.

bacha29

Can you identify the governing legal authority with the power to make FXE comply with it's own stated policies along with who and what comprises that authority?

Can you identify the governing legal authority with the power to make FXE comply with it's own stated policies along with who and what comprises that authority?
Im gonna step in here Bacha and tell ya there is no governing legal authority in those matters. The only recourse is to bring a suit that the company has abrogated its "contract" which is a policy manual. Of course one could always attack the reason of the policy violation; age, sex, etc. etc. In my experience the GFT procedure in the last few years has totally lost its teeth and is nothing more than a futile exercise. It has become the fox guarding the chickenhouse.

zeev

There is no contract it is time for another purge of high seniority employees and the courts will not enforce a contract that does not exist.
Im gonna step in here Bacha and tell ya there is no governing legal authority in those matters. The only recourse is to bring a suit that the company has abrogated its "contract" which is a policy manual. Of course one could always attack the reason of the policy violation; age, sex, etc. etc. In my experience the GFT procedure in the last few years has totally lost its teeth and is nothing more than a futile exercise. It has become the fox guarding the chickenhouse.

zeev

The GFT is the equivalent of a midway carnival game no matter what you lose . Loss of Amazon must be accounted for by cutting high wage employees.

HedleyLamarr

Similar things are happening at my station, although the new hire\part time people are getting the worst of it. Two evening pup rts have been cut, plus DRA has been turned completely off. This has eliminated overflow routes from being created, so the mostly new hires who had been running them have little to do. And a bunch of new people were hired just a couple of months ago; I kinda feel bad for them.

At the courier level, we are a bit confused. Up until a month ago we were told the district was focusing on eliminating lates. They didn't care if we didn't make SPH, just don't have lates. Now it is the opposite. With no overflow P1 routes being created, many people left the building this past week with 40+ P1 stops.

My station is a focus station this month, so management is under a lot of pressure. Who knows what crazy ideas they may come up with before August is over.

Subramaniam's Myth

Nope . Not at my hub We dont have enough trucks,people or routes to cover our packages,we never take out next day delivery,and never have enough people to cover daily routes.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
At the courier level, we are a bit confused. Up until a month ago we were told the district was focusing on eliminating lates. They didn't care if we didn't make SPH, just don't have lates. Now it is the opposite. With no overflow P1 routes being created, many people left the building this past week with 40+ P1 stops.

Right there is a blatant sign of upper mismanagement. They can't stay focused on one particular problem for a week and then it's off to the next fire, but it's up to you to deal with. What they're doing isn't management, it's a game of "whack-a-mole." In a game of unfinished solutions to problems that should have been fixed years ago. No winners here.

Are they all bi-polar at the district or what?

MAKAVELI

Ugh, WAGN I guess...

I'll let him know to tread carefully. He's making over $1000/ week driving the bus: P1000 & if he goes PT @ FXE, dunno if he can cover his expenses.
He's making minimum wage if he's driving a P1000 and only making $1k. Something to think about.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
He's making minimum wage if he's driving a P1000 and only making $1k. Something to think about.
Can he clear $1000+ / week going pt at FXE?

We're not getting management up our butts daily. We roll in the FedEx terminal to our spots, load our cargo... go deliver them, and drive straight home when done.

The only time I see my BC is on Friday to get my pay stub

MAKAVELI

Can he clear $1000+ / week going pt at FXE?

We're not getting management up our butts daily. We roll in the FedEx terminal to our spots, load our cargo... go deliver them, and drive straight home when done.

The only time I see my BC is on Friday to get my pay stub
Why would he expect $1k working part-time?