Fedex Dissolving Routes

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I have been at Fedex much longer than 20 years so I am far from ignorant. This issue has been GFTd. It was kicked back as a non-GFT issue. Please consider what you say before you call folks ignorant. You do not know what they know. Respectfully.

Please.

If the GFT fails, you are given a reason (in writing) as to why, including references to any and all applicable PM/PBP policies that support that reason. Unless you believe that the same company that is so ridiculously phobic of an age discrimination lawsuit is going to brazenly target older employees and blatantly ignore their own staffing effectiveness policy.

59 Dano

Im gonna step in here Bacha and tell ya there is no governing legal authority in those matters. The only recourse is to bring a suit that the company has abrogated its "contract" which is a policy manual. Of course one could always attack the reason of the policy violation; age, sex, etc. etc. In my experience the GFT procedure in the last few years has totally lost its teeth and is nothing more than a futile exercise. It has become the fox guarding the chickenhouse.

It's like a guy who keeps losing in court complaining about the justice system.

59 Dano

Right there is a blatant sign of upper mismanagement. They can't stay focused on one particular problem for a week and then it's off to the next fire, but it's up to you to deal with. What they're doing isn't management, it's a game of "whack-a-mole." In a game of unfinished solutions to problems that should have been fixed years ago. No winners here.

Are they all bi-polar at the district or what?

"They shud fokis on wun thang and not look at no nuthin' else bakaws that's how ah wud do it if'n ah wuz tha bawse."

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Why would he expect $1k working part-time?

So u said he's making minimum wage... BUT clearing a grand or more and he has a tight suburban area and he's consistently done by 1500. @ his pace, it's~ $25-28 / hour

He wants FT at FXE to make that jump into a Mercedes Benz cargo van worth it

Each route is different at FXG... just like any other delivery company. Some are ghettos, others are suburbs, and a few are rural-the profit busters

MAKAVELI

So u said he's making minimum wage... BUT clearing a grand or more and he has a tight suburban area and he's consistently done by 1500. @ his pace, it's~ $25-28 / hour

Each route is different at FXG... just like any other delivery company. Some are ghettos, others are suburbs, and a few are rural-the profit busters
He'll never have to drive anything over a 650 at Express. In a P1000 he's doing probably double the work as an Express driver. As far as being able to clear 1k starting ft at Express, that really depends on the location and starting pay.

OrioN

Yeah, but they're not saying that his job is guarantee FT. That's the only hindrance that is keeping him from jumping the subcontractor ship

MAKAVELI

Yeah, but they're not saying that his job is guarantee FT. That's the only hindrance that is keeping him from jumping the subcontractor ship
There is no guarantee. Either he is applying for pt or full-time. There is no in between.

Last edited:

It will be fine

These express guys need to believe they are superior to every Ground driver. It keeps them happy. They can’t fathom that some Ground drivers make good money and don’t work very hard.

bacha29

Im gonna step in here Bacha and tell ya there is no governing legal authority in those matters. The only recourse is to bring a suit that the company has abrogated its "contract" which is a policy manual. Of course one could always attack the reason of the policy violation; age, sex, etc. etc. In my experience the GFT procedure in the last few years has totally lost its teeth and is nothing more than a futile exercise. It has become the fox guarding the chickenhouse.
Sounds like Ground.The contract offers the opportunity to resolve disputes by going to arbitration. Normally you might say to yourself...."that sounds fir enough"....but then you read down a few lines to where FXG reserves the right to decide who sits on the arbitration panel. What fool is going to accept arbitration when FXG holds all the cards? it over before you even enter the courtroom and "oh by the way Bud since you lost (as if there was any doubt) here's the bill for the court costs". It would appear that FXE has in place a similar stacked deck when it comes to their labor class employees.

OrioN

Driving a p1000 making 1k and no benefits is not good money. You ground contractors are hilarious.:happy2:

I dunno, this investor group has grown tremendously... they keep the names of the previous subcontractor companies to stay under the radar, but we all know it's a smoke screen.

they're now offering health care, paid vacation week, 5 paid personal days, 401k, quarterly performance bonuses...

I'm making similar salary in a 12 ft cutaway box truck and I'm not sweating it out at all.

Once peak season arrives, I have that option to earn more by going above my stop threshold, but that's when I agree with it

SmithBarney

He'll never have to drive anything over a 650 at Express. In a P1000 he's doing probably double the work as an Express driver. As far as being able to clear 1k starting ft at Express, that really depends on the location and starting pay.
You're not going to Clear 1k(after taxes) unless you are working 60+hr/week(assuming $20/hr but starting wage is less than that through a majority of the country) That and 60hrs wont happen til PEAK, otherwise if you start bumping 50hrs managers take work away

OrioN

It all depends on the route & what that subcontractor is willing to pay for a competent driver to service it... I seen some bulk truck/ mall drivers making that much

If a subcontractor pays too little, then may as well put this on that particular route:

giphy.gif
I've seen it last summer when we did away with the HD maps/ turn by turn...

I don't want that much work so I stick with the rural or nice suburban areas @ similar pay.

Last edited:
Please.

If the GFT fails, you are given a reason (in writing) as to why, including references to any and all applicable PM/PBP policies that support that reason. Unless you believe that the same company that is so ridiculously phobic of an age discrimination lawsuit is going to brazenly target older employees and blatantly ignore their own staffing effectiveness policy.
They just kick it back saying its not a GFT issue, no matter what it is. The GFT in my area is a joke. Then they say open door it. Even more of a joke.