Fedex Dissolving Routes

bbsam

Staff member
Next time you see an Express driver, take a peak in his or her truck. You'll then understand the analogy.
You don’t understand the Ground overlapping that’s going on. I have guys running 120 stops in 5 hours. Things are changing. A lot.

MAKAVELI

You don’t understand the Ground overlapping that’s going on. I have guys running 120 stops in 5 hours. Things are changing. A lot.
I understand that your routes are condensing. I also understand that someone driving a p1000 is doing a lot more work than someone in a sprinter or 650.

bbsam

Staff member
I understand that your routes are condensing. I also understand that someone driving a p1000 is doing a lot more work than someone in a sprinter or 650.
I don’t think you get it. Drivers in those condensed areas want that P1000. Someone with a sprinter or 650 has to work harder fighting the load.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I don’t think you get it. Drivers in those condensed areas want that P1000. Someone with a sprinter or 650 has to work harder fighting the load.
It all depends on the route... rural areas, u better know what's on your truck and load it stop order.

Other drivers in my collocation has that option of leaving the cargo on pallets or carts for them to load in stop order than what the AWAD / WAP is suggesting

Unscanned boxes not on your manifest will make a driver double back up to 40 minutes.... or.... say eff it and falsely use DEX 007.

Happened to me when I took Monday off.

Saw that address and service cross on a box that's not signature required. Cover driver didn't know it was a single home 1/2 mile down a dirt road. He went 1/4 mile in & said, eff this.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I covered a route like that on a Saturday in my cutaway... tight suburban area. It was sweet when I loaded it in stop order since I knew every box and package selection was 2seconds each when I was at the pod

bacha29

The Ground guy that works in my area and I see each other a few times a day and often have time to chat at pickups, etc. I remember him being excited at his pay when he got his W2 from his contractor for TY2018. He made the same amount that I did as an Express employee last year.

The difference between our routes? I drive an Isuzu with roughly 120 packages on it, making around 100 deliveries. He drives a P1200 (I believe that's what it is, it's longer than our W900) and it is loaded to the gills every day. I work 4-10s. He works 5-10s. He does get insurance, but no 401k match, portable pension, etc.

He can keep schlepping all the Chewy boxes and other big heavy crap all day in his bigger truck with no AC. I'll take the same pay and better benefits for less work, thanks.
An excellent comparison. Sure, you have FXG guys out there literally killing themselves doing stop and piece work for a weekly paycheck and zero benefits but never stopping long enough to ask themselves this question: How long can I continue to endure this god awful physical beating and what will become of me when I can no longer do so?