FedEx driver dies in accident. Subsequent investigation shows he ran stop sign.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'd say with your $100k salary that would be easy to do but when they make a 1/3 of that with no benefits it would be hard to just put food on the table. Maybe you would be so generous as to give him the $40. I mean do you really have to be a condescending troll on every post?

I honestly felt that I was giving him good advice in a non-condescending manner.

$40/month is roughly $1.33/day.

Tell you what---you can be the one to tell his kids that they are on their own because Daddy was too cheap to spend $1.33/day to make sure they would be taken care if God forbid something were to happen.

BTW, I have not broken $70K in the past 3 years.

MAKAVELI

I'd say with your $100k salary that would be easy to do but when they make a 1/3 of that with no benefits it would be hard to just put food on the table. Maybe you would be so generous as to give him the $40. I mean do you really have to be a condescending troll on every post?

I honestly felt that I was giving him good advice in a non-condescending manner.

Tell you what---you can be the one to tell his kids that they are on their own because Daddy was too cheap to spend $1.33/day to make sure they would be taken care if God forbid something were to happen.

Yes it is condescending when you think an adult can't think for themselves. I guess you must feel everyone is ignorant and it is your job to inform them. I'd say $70 k at UPS probably means you're not doing much overtime. No wonder you post so much on here .

sjh

I agree - promoting life insurance IS good advice. Please, if you don't have it, reconsider. I understand - it seems like wasted money. But as a wife with three young kids, when we finally got health insurance, it took such a huge load of my shoulders that I didn't even realize was there. Stick with something cheap - 20 year term insurance. You'll get used to paying it. You can always cancel, but the younger you get it, the cheaper it is. I have a $200k policy on myself for $10 a month.

And RIP to that young man. I wish his family the best.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

My critique is that the man from Upstate was being genuinely concerned in his first post, but really let it rip, in the second. All that aside, a young man has died while trying to do the job as fast as he thought he needed to. Many people are heart broken over this tragedy and I hope they recover and all use safe driving skills, from this point.

overflowed

My critique is that the man from Upstate was being genuinely concerned in his first post, but really let it rip, in the second. All that aside, a young man has died while trying to do the job as fast as he thought he needed to. Many people are heart broken over this tragedy and I hope they recover and all use safe driving skills, from this point.

Sage advice bro.
This was just a 22 year old kid. I can't imagine. I hope to God he had not started a family.

MAKAVELI

Which only proves his real intent to be a troll.

!Retired!

Yes it is condescending when you think an adult can't think for themselves. I guess you must feel everyone is ignorant and it is your job to inform them.
There's many that don't think.........that's the problem. I got married less than a year ago. Never was before and I don't have any of my own kids. My wife has 2 kids and I consider them like my own. I never even CONSIDERED life insurance of any kind because I had no heirs (if you don't count my sister). Now I'll look into it.

HomeDelivery

yea guys don't hit on upstate about that comment; he was genuinely giving sage advice from what i first read...

i do have some other life insurance via car insurance and being a long time customer w/ some credit cards, just not to the 6-figure extent (yet). I'll look into those term-life insurance companies that will pay-you-back if you didn't die in that time period.

with too many idiot-drivers on the road these days & we are out there up to 14 hours on-duty time per day, something is going to happen trained-or-not

"All Good Kids Like Milk" is practiced on and off duty for me & wifey and kids act surprised when i voice out what the driver ahead of me will be cutting me off ~ i just tell them when you're on the road, assume that other drivers around you are idiots and drive defensively / accordingly

northbound

yea guys don't hit on upstate about that comment; he was genuinely giving sage advice from what i first read...

i do have some other life insurance via car insurance and being a long time customer w/ some credit cards, just not to the 6-figure extent (yet). I'll look into those term-life insurance companies that will pay-you-back if you didn't die in that time period.

with too many idiot-drivers on the road these days & we are out there up to 14 hours on-duty time per day, something is going to happen trained-or-not

"All Good Kids Like Milk" is practiced on and off duty for me & wifey and kids act surprised when i voice out what the driver ahead of me will be cutting me off ~ i just tell them when you're on the road, assume that other drivers around you are idiots and drive defensively / accordingly

That's a good approach to driving.

MaineGroundDriver

I have recently gotten into the habit of buckling up throughout my work day. Used to think it took much time or something, but it definitely does not, and well worth the fraction of a second ...

Unsure why I wasn't doing so from the beginning, considering in my personal vehicle I ALWAYS do (ever since I had kids) ..

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I have recently gotten into the habit of buckling up throughout my work day. Used to think it took much time or something, but it definitely does not, and well worth the fraction of a second ...

Unsure why I wasn't doing so from the beginning, considering in my personal vehicle I ALWAYS do (ever since I had kids) ..
I've always worn mine, but would take time putting it on in the car. I've promised my children that I would ALWAYS have my seat belt on, if the vehicle is moving. Oh and I agree, the time it adds, though minimal, is worth the safety.

ManInBrown

Comments from someone claiming to be a relative of the FedEx driver who died in the accident

Eddie Rivera
· Ocean County CollegeThe victem that die at the accident was my brother inlaw and he was doing hes job
Working for fedex and i just want everyone to know that the company
Of Fedex said that we are on our own they are not going to help of the lost of George Ceballos they are not pain a dime this comes from fedex company

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Comments from someone claiming to be a relative of the FedEx driver who died in the accident

Eddie Rivera
· Ocean County CollegeThe victem that die at the accident was my brother inlaw and he was doing hes job
Of Fedex said that we are on our own they are not going to help of the lost of George Ceballos they are not pain a dime this comes from fedex company

Insensitive bastards that run this company.

DontThrowPackages

Eddie Rivera

I imagine their thinking is, if a tire or a fan belt is no longer useful, why waste money on it, just get new one.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I imagine their thinking is, if a tire or a fan belt is no longer useful, why waste money on it, just get new one.

We are all disposable. If you get injured or killed on-the-job (at Express) it is Workers Comp or whatever your state's term for it is. That means FedEx pays out nothing beyond Basic Life. If you are Ground/HD...you get zero. They will claim that your job is dangerous (it is), and that you knowingly accepted that risk when you chose employment with FedEx. At Express, your family gets a cheap card and cheap flowers. My guess is that it's the same at Ground/HD, or even more insulting.

bbsam

Staff member
So my work comp wouldn't pay for my drivers' death or dismemberment? Or are you insisting we don't have coverage?

TUT

Yes it is condescending when you think an adult can't think for themselves. I guess you must feel everyone is ignorant and it is your job to inform them. I'd say $70 k at UPS probably means you're not doing much overtime. No wonder you post so much on here .

I thought it was fair advice. Why can't people grow a pair, understand the nature of a forum, that you are going to get a lot of opinions. This was far from over the top, it was actually sage like.

MAKAVELI

I thought it was fair advice. Why can't people grow a pair, understand the nature of a forum, that you are going to get a lot of opinions. This was far from over the top, it was actually sage like.

This proves my point. Nothing genuine about that statement. There are some people that get off by trying to demean others. A troll is a troll.