Accident in FedEx box truck

dmac1

“Being a terrible driver is not your fault”??????? Are you in the everyone gets a medal generation?
When you are alone and the person behind the wheel it is 100% your fault whether you are a great driver or terrible driver. Who else would be to blame?
Being a terrible driver is like being stupid. It isn't his fault even if the accident was his fault. He could still qualify for unemployment benefits even if he was fired for cause. Some people just are not cut out to be professional drivers. If you think otherwise, you haven't been paying attention to the world around you.

dmac1

I’m not sure why you guys are surprised by this. My company has grown every year I’ve owned it. It’s not like I’ve had layoffs. People quit or are fired for cause, it’s not complicated.
Firing for cause due to carelessness is different. If the guy is incapable of driving, and you hired him, he should be able to collect unemployment. If you hire someone to teach calculus, and later learn he can't even add or subtract, it isn't his fault he lost the job, even if you have cause to fire him. I think that if presented right, he could win a claim to UI benefits under some conditions.

bacha29

Here's what stands out. This poor soul was determined by Fat Freddy not the contractor to be worthy and capable of safely driving a FXG branded truck operation under Fat Freddy's DOT authorization. The contractor doesn't get to decide who will and will not drive the vehicle.
So if the kid is terminated by Fat Freddy the contractor as a matter of moral principle should let the kid draw his unemployment. While it was Fat Freddy and Fat Freddy alone who decided that the kid could drive it was the contractor who allowed the kid to get caught up in the mess that is Fedex Ground. .

Just another example of how completely and utterly powerless that so called " entrepreneur " is in the land of Fat Freddy.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Here's what stands out. This poor soul was determined by Fat Freddy not the contractor to be worthy and capable of safely driving a FXG branded truck operation under Fat Freddy's DOT authorization. The contractor doesn't get to decide who will and will not drive the vehicle.
So if the kid is terminated by Fat Freddy the contractor as a matter of moral principle should let the kid draw his unemployment. While it was Fat Freddy and Fat Freddy alone who decided that the kid could drive it was the contractor who allowed the kid to get caught up in the mess that is Fedex Ground. .

Just another example of how completely and utterly powerless that so called " entrepreneur " is in the land of Fat Freddy.
Your world is Phantasmagoric!

bacha29

Your world is Phantasmagoric!
If that's the word you chose to use to describe daily life at FXG... fine. Your being able to come to terms with how things are at Ground... that's your problem.... But, this is the way things are at Ground. Just be glad that you were never there.

Nico81652

Right. Including flipping own your own personally owned and personally insured vehicle. Another prime example of Fat Freddy overreach and total domination of you so called "entrepreneurs" and your so called "business"
If a worker can't drive his Ford f150 without rolling it what makes you think he isn't a liability in a much larger more top heavy vehicle

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
FedEx insures the trucks. They have every right to determine who’s qualified to drive them. If you flip a car over you no longer meet the qualifications.
If you flip like Dukes of Hazzard and land the 82145 on her wheels is it really a roll-over? Jeeebus, think of all the IC's tumbling around in a stunt like that

Ashcat12

FedEx insures the trucks. They have every right to determine who’s qualified to drive them. If you flip a car over you no longer meet the qualifications.
Another catch22 - they insure your truck but won't provide you insurance to cover the "other" vehicle. instead they willbill you for the damage. Amazing underhand policies.

It will be fine

Another catch22 - they insure your truck but won't provide you insurance to cover the "other" vehicle. instead they willbill you for the damage. Amazing underhand policies.
Not true. We are on the hook for a high deductible basically. It’s insurance with zero in premiums and a high deductible if the accident was preventable. It’s all clearly spelled out, so I’m not sure how you decide that’s underhand.