FedEx employee dies at Memphis airport hub overnight

fatboy33

Back when the field hands were allow to jumpseat, I was in amazement watching those tugs whip around as such a high rate of speed. Mind the lines on the floor! One wrong step and your vacation will be spent inside Baptist Memorial...who'm I kidding I meant Bartlett. Feel bad for her and family.

Oldfart

Flowers, a crappy card, and the usual hollow words. I hope her family sues and gets a huge settlement.
As usual, you don't know any of the facts but you continue posting bitter and angry responses. It must suck looking in the mirror every day. Then again, you said you were a 10 million $ man so I guess you can be miserable all day with that kind of money.

Let the facts come out and see who is negligent and then place the blame.

bacha29

As usual, you don't know any of the facts but you continue posting bitter and angry responses. It must suck looking in the mirror every day. Then again, you said you were a 10 million $ man so I guess you can be miserable all day with that kind of money.

Let the facts come out and see who is negligent and then place the blame.
Will the results of the investigation be released to the public?

MemphisHubFedExer

I'll update you guys from what I know. I know all the news reports talk about her being caught in a conveyor belt. That is not what happened, and I have no idea why it' being reported that way, except maybe to spare the public any gory details. From what I understand, the lady got hung up underneath one of the large cargo jacks that lifts the cans up to the cargo deck of the plane. There has been a huge increase in safety patrols out on the ramp during the loading and unloading of the planes as a result.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I'll update you guys from what I know. I know all the news reports talk about her being caught in a conveyor belt. That is not what happened, and I have no idea why it' being reported that way, except maybe to spare the public any gory details. From what I understand, the lady got hung up underneath one of the large cargo jacks that lifts the cans up to the cargo deck of the plane. There has been a huge increase in safety patrols out on the ramp during the loading and unloading of the planes as a result.

I wonder why she would even be under there? I never crossed under the jacks. Too scared of being squashed.

MemphisHubFedExer

I wonder why she would even be under there? I never crossed under the jacks. Too scared of being squashed.
I don't think she got hung up underneath the lift part. From what I understand, She got caught up underneath the front part where the motor and the large turning wheels are. It basically ran her over. The lift driver is almost directly above her and has no way of seeing right there. And with the engine running, it would be hard to hear some one. The whole things real sad.

Oldfart

So what are the details you found out? Please share.
I posted a warning. Watch that long hair. The person I talked to said he was there. Little different from what the guy above said but kinda the same. Either way, no reason to blame her or the company until more is known. MFE cant help himself. Hating the company is all he knows

floridays

I posted a warning. Watch that long hair. The person I talked to said he was there. Little different from what the guy above said but kinda the same. Either way, no reason to blame her or the company until more is known. MFE cant help himself. Hating the company is all he knows

So you have no details.
And your conclusions from what "the guy that was there," told you are incorrect. Don't blemish your stellar reputation on "unfounded" speculation.

Oldfart

So you have no details.
And your conclusions from what "the guy that was there," told you are incorrect. Don't blemish your stellar reputation on "unfounded" speculation.
When did I say I had no details? Just not gonna discuss them here. I am not familiar with ramp equipmemt so I dont know different types of equipment. He said hair and moving parts was involved. Will leave details to the people that know all the facts.