FedEx employee dies at Memphis airport hub overnight

floridays

When did I say I had no details? Just not gonna discuss them here. I am not familiar with ramp equipmemt so I dont know different types of equipment. He said hair and moving parts was involved. Will leave details to the people that know all the facts.
In a very roundabout way, hair and moving parts were involved, but no cause.
Not concerned with the stellar reputation I see.

Oldfart

What losers like MFE and tex think of me is no concern. Like I said, I dont have all the facts. Just what a mechanic that went to the scene after it happened told me. He went into more detail but I havent loaded planes since we had DC 3 and Falcons and whatever else we could find. The terms he used were foreign to me.

vantexan

What losers like MFE and tex think of me is no concern. Like I said, I dont have all the facts. Just what a mechanic that went to the scene after it happened told me. He went into more detail but I havent loaded planes since we had DC 3 and Falcons and whatever else we could find. The terms he used were foreign to me.
Aww, you were so nice at Thanksgiving. What happened?

Oldfart

Reliable. You choose. Won't say anymore about it, other than OF had incorrect details.
You have better details. Why don't you share them? Or maybe you don't have a clue.

I wasn't there nor were you. I talked to a person that made the scene after it happened. I haven't gone into the details he passed along in case he was full of crap.

I did see online that the investigation would take a few weeks and the report would be made public.

floridays

You have better details. Why don't you share them? Or maybe you don't have a clue.

I wasn't there nor were you. I talked to a person that made the scene after it happened. I haven't gone into the details he passed along in case he was full of crap.

I did see online that the investigation would take a few weeks and the report would be made public.

I do have a clue. Out of respect to family, friends, and the legitimately concerned, not my place to convey grisly details.

W

What The Hawk?

"Words cannot convey the sadness we feel over the loss of our team member in an accident at the Memphis hub. Our prayers are with our colleague's family, friends, and co-workers. We are cooperating with authorities in their investigation."

I wonder if they realized the wording they used..like she was found under a conveyor belt. I wonder how she got there. Loose clothing, hair was down..etc..

floridays

Yet you want me to share details. Can you say HYPOCRITE.
I knew your details were incorrect, you challenged posters to do their research like you did. I simply asked where you got your details from. You gave the cautionary note about hair and conveyors, not me. When you offered that I knew you were full of fecal material. I don't need to break news or post grisly details, as pee-pee poor as I generally am, I believe in decorum when it is required.

floridays

When the report is issued, you will see it wasn't a hair or conveyor belt issue.

Oldfart

Sounds like his details are based on facts rather than yours which are based on second hand info; either way, what purpose would be served by sharing either version?
I didn't realize he was there. My mistake.

Like I said, let the investigation take place and I am sure some changes in equipment or procedures will take place. It is a shame something like this has to happen but when there are 8k or so humans around equipment and the size and speed of the workings, things will happen. A lady went to work and didn't make it home and that sucks.

floridays

I didn't realize he was there. My mistake.

Like I said, let the investigation take place and I am sure some changes in equipment or procedures will take place. It is a shame something like this has to happen but when there are 8k or so humans around equipment and the size and speed of the workings, things will happen. A lady went to work and didn't make it home and that sucks.
It does suck that she didn't make it home, hug your wife and kids or livestock when you get home. I, however have never stated that I was there, but note to gamblers, bet my hand not OF's.

Oldfart

I'll just say you were given story inconsistent with the facts. I won't call your mechanic friend a liar.
I call that a lie. I saw him Thanksgiving Friday and he told me a story as to what happened. He described offload equipment that I was not familiar with. Other than the old FMC and cargo-matics, I know nothing about loading planes. Not to say he is right and you could be wrong. Either way, something bad happened and someone didn't come home that night.
MFE loves to place blame on the company anytime something happens and fails to think about a person losing their life. He just relishes the opportunity to spew more hatred toward the company. That is really sad.

Oldfart

Sounds like his details are based on facts rather than yours which are based on second hand info; either way, what purpose would be served by sharing either version?
Gee. Another post from someone that doesn't even work for the company. Do Fedex employees post on the UPS forums? Just curious why they would and why you stay around here so much. I looked at it a long time ago and had no idea what most were talking about and never went back. Kinda odd to go onto forums for companies that you have no affiliation with.