FedEx Express Can't Get The Job Done

DontThrowPackages

you sure that's what you really meant to say, DTP? ... I'm simply a worker ant, as I suspect most of the posters here are.
A worker ant and his peers work together toward attaining a come goal. In the end, all the ants reap the rewards. I wouldn't call us worker ants. Minions: 1. "a servile follower or subordinate of a person in power". Take the word "servile", its a characteristic of a slave. "being in slavery; oppressed.".
I say Minions, some say worker ant, some say partner........

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I guess it's all in the interpretation. I always considered minions to be those who answer directly to the honcho ... and devote unwavering allegiance to him. You know, the buffers between the king and the subjects (i.e. us)

Lordtekk

No wonder they can't the job done with morons like you working for them. I wish you'd just move on....
Whoa there,why not try a little respect. If you don't like his comments then don't read them. We all work for the same company,some feel one way and others feel another way,but insulting someone is not cool. That's his opinion,prove him wrong if not well not a lot you can do.

Lordtekk

Listen, posters like you I respect and may even agree with. He has a way of expressing himself that is rubbing me wrong...sue me. Organized sick day? Leave the truck in the middle of nowhere and walk away? Come on...over the top is not even close. And yes, I do have a nice positions. But I also have an educations, experience and work ethic. I value my job. Ans BTW, as long as we're pointing out post typos, missing words, I would re-read yours if I were you.
Wow,so you value your job,great. But what gives you the right to insult people and name calling. I have doubts about your education because an educated person would not brag about their education,earnings or insult the people who do the job that get's him or her paid. There is no Fedex without couriers period.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

A worker ant and his peers work together toward attaining a come goal. In the end, all the ants reap the rewards. I wouldn't call us worker ants. Minions: 1. "a servile follower or subordinate of a person in power". Take the word "servile", its a characteristic of a slave. "being in slavery; oppressed.".
I say Minions, some say worker ant, some say partner........

I thought minions were the little yellow dudes on Despicable Me....they rock, therefore I must be one of THOSE minions, because, let's face it, I rock.

jmeti000

EXACTLY. Ill go out on a limb and say........Iphones are Democrats. Droids are Republican. Ok-flame suit is on.....fire away. IDGAF

Im a droid person all the way and am pretty dang liberal. Think your a little off the mark on this one.

I have a question...since there seem to be a few manager types floating around this site (or so it seems), what ever happened to "servant leadership"? Isnt that supposedly one of the big keys that FX wants in its managers? Or has this been completely forgotten? I swear, the next time I have 33 P1's to deliver in an hour when my sheet o' paper says I should have 15, and a manager goes off on how "we need to make service bla bla bla" they better dang well get in a truck and help out if no one else can. Remember this all you managerial types, help us help you.

check6ii

Im a droid person all the way and am pretty dang liberal. Think your a little off the mark on this one.

I have a question...since there seem to be a few manager types floating around this site (or so it seems), what ever happened to "servant leadership"? Isnt that supposedly one of the big keys that FX wants in its managers? Or has this been completely forgotten? I swear, the next time I have 33 P1's to deliver in an hour when my sheet o' paper says I should have 15, and a manager goes off on how "we need to make service bla bla bla" they better dang well get in a truck and help out if no one else can. Remember this all you managerial types, help us help you.

ya, yer right.....I kinda put my foot in my mouth with that one! Im actually a liberal republican lol. Sorry-didnt mean to offend.

jmeti000

ya, yer right.....I kinda put my foot in my mouth with that one! Im actually a liberal republican lol. Sorry-didnt mean to offend.

Of all the bitter, hatefull comments ive seen and read I just dont understand how someone could say something so offensive that it would cause a delicate flower such as myself to wilt and wither away literally to nothing in a matter of seconds. Now if you all will excuse me, I think I need to head down to my local watering hole in an attempt to wash away your poisonous words.

Seriously though, no offense taken ;)

TUT

I think that shippers are starting to turn away from Express because they can't get the job done. Too many lates, thefts, CTVs that miss the plane etc. Yes, some of it is a changing global economy, but word travels fast among the shipping public, especially the big players. Perhaps Apple is hedging it's bet with Express because they know what to expect....poor performance.

I'm not. Something tells me you feel this way because it fits your own agenda. Express performance for me is still very tight, perfect? No. But we've seen no measurable difference from our end. But what if it were improving, would you ever report that here? Aka agenda. I guess we all have them.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm not. Something tells me you feel this way because it fits your own agenda. Express performance for me is still very tight, perfect? No. But we've seen no measurable difference from our end. But what if it were improving, would you ever report that here? Aka agenda. I guess we all have them.

No agenda...just fact. Those of us on the inside see the rapid decline, which seems to be accelerating with each passing day. We see the attempts to "make it work" with too few people and too much work, and we also know first-hand when stops don't get picked-up, when trucks miss the aircraft, and other various screw-ups that signal the wheels are coming off the bus.

Glad you're a happy customer.

barnyard

KTM rider
During one of the past Iphone releases, the Express guy that worked in my area said that he had at least a dozen stops that would not get delivered until Saturday. He said that he was just taking them for a ride every day (the release was on a Wednesday.) UPS got a large portion of the next release. I am guessing that the driver I knew was not an exception.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
During one of the past Iphone releases, the Express guy that worked in my area said that he had at least a dozen stops that would not get delivered until Saturday. He said that he was just taking them for a ride every day (the release was on a Wednesday.) UPS got a large portion of the next release. I am guessing that the driver I knew was not an exception.

Actually, this happens frequently with large shippers. FedEx provides an extended delivery window during which the package can be delivered and still be "on-time'. The courier exceptions them as a "future delivery". What often happens is that management waits too long or plans poorly, and then there is a mad scramble at the end of the "window" to make service. This is when it gets really interesting.

TUT

No agenda...just fact. Those of us on the inside see the rapid decline, which seems to be accelerating with each passing day. We see the attempts to "make it work" with too few people and too much work, and we also know first-hand when stops don't get picked-up, when trucks miss the aircraft, and other various screw-ups that signal the wheels are coming off the bus.

Glad you're a happy customer.

Actually I can argue I have a better perspective then almost anyone at Fedex, especially lower levels. First I have the right to choose service and it has to be satisfactory, that and cost are A1 and A2. I ship a couple 1000 pkgs per day to all corners of the country and some abroad. Where as a single driver will only know from their station and route. The thing is you can see what you want to see, so when you have a small sample and you sway conversations to "woe this is bad. Express sucks", you are influencing the conversation down that path so you get agreement and assume that is their true feelings and everyone is like that. I have no doubt there is a cloud over your division, since there are changes coming, but you are falling under "misery loves company".

From what I see day to day, I'm not seeing any major drop in service for Fedex or UPS, ground or air. So getting from A to B, shipper and customer satisfaction, all roughly the same, there is always a few complaints and those people would agree wholeheartedly with you, one missed delivery to them is near end of world drama. But those are the same few today, as it was last year, as it has been for years. I'm just saying overall, by the numbers, no noticeable change.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Actually I can argue I have a better perspective then almost anyone at Fedex, especially lower levels. First I have the right to choose service and it has to be satisfactory, that and cost are A1 and A2. I ship a couple 1000 pkgs per day to all corners of the country and some abroad. Where as a single driver will only know from their station and route. The thing is you can see what you want to see, so when you have a small sample and you sway conversations to "woe this is bad. Express sucks", you are influencing the conversation down that path so you get agreement and assume that is their true feelings and everyone is like that. I have no doubt there is a cloud over your division, since there are changes coming, but you are falling under "misery loves company".

From what I see day to day, I'm not seeing any major drop in service for Fedex or UPS, ground or air. So getting from A to B, shipper and customer satisfaction, all roughly the same, there is always a few complaints and those people would agree wholeheartedly with you, one missed delivery to them is near end of world drama. But those are the same few today, as it was last year, as it has been for years. I'm just saying overall, by the numbers, no noticeable change.

Like I've said before, you don't work here, so you don't know. It's always been kind of an organized panic to get everything done and done right. However, the incentive for employees to care enough to accomplish success at Express has largely gone away, and that's a big deal. It doesn't take much to screw the whole deal up, and it's happening a lot, whether you say so or not.

I see the shuttles and CTVs not making aircraft, and the missed pickups and uncovered routes...you don't.

check6ii

You are so correct MrFedEx. Its rampant and for a variety of reasons. I see that it stems from the lack of "QDM", remember that catch phrase?????? Its out the window, and gone for good. Now we have panicked management teams worried their heads are about to get chopped off and have idiotic ways of trying to get things done by the worker bees (couriers). They also hammer the ctv drivers-whose accident rate has skyrocketed in the last year. Pilots are pushed, and even they have a variety of reasons to down a bird for mechanical reasons and making the freight late. FedEx Express is seriously AFU!!!!!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You are so correct MrFedEx. Its rampant and for a variety of reasons. I see that it stems from the lack of "QDM", remember that catch phrase?????? Its out the window, and gone for good. Now we have panicked management teams worried their heads are about to get chopped off and have idiotic ways of trying to get things done by the worker bees (couriers). They also hammer the ctv drivers-whose accident rate has skyrocketed in the last year. Pilots are pushed, and even they have a variety of reasons to down a bird for mechanical reasons and making the freight late. FedEx Express is seriously AFU!!!!!!

It is totally AFU, and QDM (Quit Doing Meth) is out the door. They may pay lip service to it, but you are totally right about the place being in a panic, and you can only stretch a rubber band so far before it breaks. We have had a huge jump in the accident rate in our district, and an equally huge jump in the kinds of problems I've been talking about. Late CTVs, missed PUPS, injuries etc. You cannot push people this hard and not expect there to be problems. Apparently, FedEx has never heard of "cause and effect", which is simply amazing.

For example, when we ask management about the much higher accident rates, they go into denial mode and say it's because couriers use "unsafe methods". The same goes for the increased injury rates, which are due to "unsafe acts". This is like a heroin addict in denial that they have a major problem. As always, it's our fault, and forcing people to drive like madmen has absolutely nothing to do with anything. Luckily, we haven't had any major accidents, just relatively minor ones..so far.

It's a cluster.