FedEx Ground and Express

dezguy

Funny how quick the excuses come flying out when a route gets, um, "exposed."
Funny how a boot licker can have a sph much higher when they're working through break and running from the truck to the door, ignoring bp and managers take it as gospel.

Last edited:

Spam

That’s exactly what he wants to see. Quit your $25+ an hour job, and get replaced by someone making the bare minimum. Where he’s mistaken is in his belief that people are lining up to work for him, but he’ll find out at Christmas when his bread and butter Express is rolling out the tarps to cover up the mountains of backlogged freight that has no one to deliver it.
Ok

zeev

I've noticed Walmart is using more and more contractors to pull their trailers. Usually a regional trucking company pulling a Walmart trailer. You still occasionally see Walmart semis pulling Walmart trailers, but it's not as prevalent as it once was. Target went to a contractor model a long time ago. It's very rare to see a Target trailer being pulled by a company semi. But I've asked this question before and I'll ask it again- how does UPS beat FedEx in almost every metric when FedEx is using non unionized company employees with most earning 1/2 what UPS pays and FedEx's Ground model doesn't even use company employees? FedEx should be blowing UPS out of the water based on all their cost cutting measures and low pay, but they're not. UPS and their highly paid unionized employees are blowing Fred's model out of the water. I don't understand how because on paper you'd think FedEx would be way better off than UPS, but it's the opposite.
The contractor model works if you pay the contractors enough to retain good drivers. JB Hunt adapted by starting a program called 360, which is discounts on everything a contractor/driver needs. The problem with FedEx is they have two indentical systems that run side by side because of Fred trying to keep the unions out. They starve both systems.

Gone fishin

Walmart is coming out with Walmart +. It’s their version of amazon prime with the yearly cost. Things are going to be getting crazy. Lace em up

CatMan

The contractor model works if you pay the contractors enough to retain good drivers. JB Hunt adapted by starting a program called 360, which is discounts on everything a contractor/driver needs. The problem with FedEx is they have two indentical systems that run side by side because of Fred trying to keep the unions out. They starve both systems.
Pretty soon every FedEx delivery route will be contract owned , but first they need to get the old people off the books. ..I bump into 5 to 7 ground dudes on my route. .it's embarrassing. ...can you imagine asking a UPS dude if he's air or ground LMAO..!

CatMan

We literally rolled over entire cities worth of freight due to lack of staffing last peak due to injuries and other reasons, it'll be worse this peak for sure, you can't keep running your most reliable people into the ground without bringing in some help and expecting any improvement.

AB831

We literally rolled over entire cities worth of freight due to lack of staffing last peak due to injuries and other reasons, it'll be worse this peak for sure, you can't keep running your most reliable people into the ground without bringing in some help and expecting any improvement.
Or even expecting there not to be a huge regression

AB831

Yup. In his quest to stop paying decent wages, he’ll end up running both models into the ground

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Funny how a boot licker can have a sph much higher when they're working through break and running from the truck to the door, ignoring bp and managers take it as gospel.

That's such a knee-jerk reaction that it's a clichè.