FedEx Ground driver steals dogs

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I brought home a whole litter of kittens that we found up inside our forklift years ago. I took them to the vet the next day. We thought we had them all. The next day, we went to go use it and heard some mewing coming from it after shutting it off. The poor little guy was sitting on top of the steer axle. My partner took him home and gave him the name "Kato" because of his surprise attacks (my idea). He turned out to be a nearly 20 pound specimen. Quite a cat.

barnyard

KTM rider
I almost took someone's dog home. Dog ran across the street to me, I picked her up, the owner was yelling, no traffic, so I put the dog down. Dog followed me pack to the owner, got to the owner, she reaches down and the dog flinched, expecting to be hit.

I looked at the owner and said, "Keep beating that pup and you will lose her."

overflowed

I almost took someone's dog home. Dog ran across the street to me, I picked her up, the owner was yelling, no traffic, so I put the dog down. Dog followed me pack to the owner, got to the owner, she reaches down and the dog flinched, expecting to be hit.

These people suck, this is what give the bad breeds their name. It's the people. Good on on you Barn.

whenIgetthere

My dog flinches when we reach to pet him, too. It's because he's a rescue and first owner must have hit him. We've never ever hit him, but he still flinches when anyone reaches for him.

Goldilocks

These people suck, this is what give the bad breeds their name. It's the people. Good on on you Barn.

There is a place for someone who has abused an animal. It's called Hell. That's the one thing I will not tolerate. Called animal control on many customers that either have their dog tied to a tree with no food water or shelter, or that have left their dogs/cats in the garage during hot weather. I hate animal abuse. Also, a little worried about these 2 French Bulldogs. What were they doing outside? Not so sure these owners are worthy of having these 2 precious French Bull Dogs...Maybe this driver felt bad, took them and then got scared. I would have called animal control.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
My dog flinches when we reach to pet him, too. It's because he's a rescue and first owner must have hit him. We've never ever hit him, but he still flinches when anyone reaches for him.
You might want to try reaching for him from his underbelly instead. This worked for a friend of mine who got a dog that had been previously abused. This approach worked a lot better until the dog wasn't afraid anymore.

Just a suggestion.

oldngray

nowhere special
Never reach down to pet a strange dog. Your hand above his head is a threatening position. Bring your hand up from below and let him see it isn't a threat before trying to pet him.

Goldilocks

I work with Rescue. You should give him plenty of walks. Make him sit for his food or treats. Do this everyday for about 2 months and see if this helps. He needs to learn to trust you and that you are his pack leader. Let me know....

whenIgetthere

You might want to try reaching for him from his underbelly instead. This worked for a friend of mine who got a dog that had been previously abused. This approach worked a lot better until the dog wasn't afraid anymore.

Just a suggestion.

We have done this since we got him, but when he greets new people, we don't always have time to explain it to them.

vantexan

There is a place for someone who has abused an animal. It's called Hell. That's the one thing I will not tolerate. Called animal control on many customers that either have their dog tied to a tree with no food water or shelter, or that have left their dogs/cats in the garage during hot weather. I hate animal abuse. Also, a little worried about these 2 French Bulldogs. What were they doing outside? Not so sure these owners are worthy of having these 2 precious French Bull Dogs...Maybe this driver felt bad, took them and then got scared. I would have called animal control.
Many years ago in New Mexico customer wasn't home but thought I heard someone in backyard. It was the most muscular pitbull I've ever seen on a huge chain. Looked like a bodybuilder. Something about his demeanor made me think he wasn't mean and as I approached him he acted like a puppy. Scratched his ears and talked sweetly to him and he acted like it was the best thing that ever happened to him. Some dogs will break your heart, especially when they're all alone on a chain.

oldngray

nowhere special
Many years ago in New Mexico customer wasn't home but thought I heard someone in backyard. It was the most muscular pitbull I've ever seen on a huge chain. Looked like a bodybuilder. Something about his demeanor made me think he wasn't mean and as I approached him he acted like a puppy. Scratched his ears and talked sweetly to him and he acted like it was the best thing that ever happened to him. Some dogs will break your heart, especially when they're all alone on a chain.

Some people will get dogs then have them spend their entire lives outside alone tied up to a chain.