Fedex Ground was at my door at 8:07 a.m. this morning.

Air is killing us too. Came 30 minutes after driver start yesterday. "Late air" came about 45 minutes later. Some of us worked 6-9pm to noon. Some people didn't get out until 3 yesterday to come back in last night.

FedEx used to be my default delivery for a weekly order the wife and I do. Always 2 days. Now they use UPS and I never know if it'll be 3 days or 5 or say 5 and be 7 business days. Ugh.

clean hairy

We didn’t even start till 9:30. Real question is, why were you up?
I will speculate here as to why he was up.
He was sound asleep, and a truck that was beeping pulled up in front of his house, waking him up.
Then, the driver was ringing the doorbell, and knocking loudly on the door.
The driver then tossed his shipment to him, and pulled up 20 feet to the next house, just so the beeping truck would continue to annoy Rod.

rod

Retired 22 years
I will speculate here as to why he was up.
He was sound asleep, and a truck that was beeping pulled up in front of his house, waking him up.
Then, the driver was ringing the doorbell, and knocking loudly on the door.
The driver then tossed his shipment to him, and pulled up 20 feet to the next house, just so the beeping truck would continue to annoy Rod.

Frickin Mexicans

Waste Manager

UPS driver is now driving by 2 hours later than he used to..which means, he is out 2 hours later..in the dark...which we all know, slows ya down searching for an address in the dark..
Having worked both companies,this is what I have learned.. FDX Ground guys get out the door a minimum of 2 hours ahead of the UPS guys..they also get back a lot earlier..but FDX Ground is O/O..and works on average 8-10 hrs daily, compared to UPS, who works 12-14 hrs daily.FDX Ground is expected to do 12-15 SPH, whereas UPS..20 SPH..(or more)..same roads, traffic, slow to the door resis etc. there is a difference if one starts early tho'..in that, you can bang off a whole lotta resis, in daylight hrs, before diving into the business' dels..that alone can really make a difference in how much one can do in a day. As well, in some business areas, getting there earlier, means the streets are not clogged up with other vehicles, also means getting dels off faster.
Sadly, the poindexters are running the shipping show, and they have no idea of how things could be better if they listened to what seasoned veterans, who actually do the work, could offer as far as streamlining an average day of carrying cardboard.
Good luck all...