fedex ground

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Susie

Just because you have seen special allowances in your area does not mean they are used elsewhere. Here it would be a joke to even suggest something like that.

As for the volume, if they are packages that we would damage (I have seen display cases from shippers that are not packed or designed well) then I would let the Fedex guys have them. BUt if we can make money on the delivery, by all means, go after the volume.

You guys have to get away from the over under thing. You know if you do the job right and to the best of your ability. Just do it and let the numbers fall where they may.

d

susiedriver

Who gives a care about allowances anyway? I believe that drivers are still paid by the hour, and with a moniker like 'over9five', I would imagine that excess hours isn't a concern.:D

If packaging is a problem (never saw where it was mentioned), then get UPS SCS involved...mo' money, mo' money, mo' money!

Last edited:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
reason I mention packing is that the term UGLY PACKAGE usually means improper packing in our area.

And I have seen many, too many, displays that we deliver that are very poorly packed.

But as I stated in the post, failing those items, we should be after that volume YESTERDAY!

d

PS "mo' money, mo' money, mo' money!" That would sound like a REpublican chant. I think you are finally catching on ;)

susiedriver

dannyboy said:
reason I mention packing is that the term UGLY PACKAGE usually means improper packing in our area.

And I have seen many, too many, displays that we deliver that are very poorly packed.

But as I stated in the post, failing those items, we should be after that volume YESTERDAY!

d

PS "mo' money, mo' money, mo' money!" That would sound like a REpublican chant. I think you are finally catching on ;)
Funny, that's not how .5 described ugly. By the way, that chant is about 180 degrees removed from Republicans(you don't see much Black comedy, do you?), speaking of Republicans, ain't it grand, what with all the news coming out of DC in the last few days? Restore honesty & integrity...what a joke!

Are you giving another $500 to them this year? They'll need it for the Democratic lawyers they're hiring!

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
When I see comedy, I dont see black and white, I see funny. Why is it a liberal babe like you sees race first and then funny?

d

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Nope not ducking, and race with me is never an issue but it seems to be with you.

as for donations, I thought we covered that before, but I guess through your hate covered eyes, you could not see the post.

Yep, giving 100% of my 401K distribution to the republicans. I figure if they piss you off this bad, they must be on the right side.

Best

d

moreluck

golden ticket member
afups...I happened to read that article this morning too. I'll bet the majority of those independent contractor drivers are in the range of that guy that said he netted $20,000.......and not in the 6 figure range.

U

Unregistered

Danny its really a no brainer. Your liberals have more hangups about color and quicker to generalize based on color. Your liberal is in fact a much bigger bigot than a republican ever will. We have come to refer to them as race-o-cons.

over9five

Staff member
Just read the Businessweek article. I would agree with moreluck that most Fedex ground drivers make a hell of a lot less than $200,000.

The driver I see every day is the most unhappiest sob you'll ever meet. Former RPS guy.

This would be excellent if they gain employee status.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Their managers are not much better. You would think that with all the UPS tradition at fedex that they would run the system better.

I figure first make them employees, then unionize. Start with the ground then with the air branches.

d

tieguy

Banned
I wouldn't mind seeing our chief competitor experience the thrill of losing business whenever they undergo contract negotiations but I don't see it happening. Fred has built a company that is going to be very difficult if not impossible to organize. Along with the railway act , and contract carriers you also have the fact that many of fdx's people actually are happy working for fdx and do not feel a strong need to organize. We see this played out at UPS everyday. Those who have had a bad experience with the company or management will tend to be stronger advocates of unionism then those that have never had a problem in the time that they have worked here. Mistrust, mistreatment or overall job dissatisfaction are the unions strongest allies. Yea , yea I said it. :scared:

trickpony1

I'm impressed!
This is the first time I've known you to be so humble....what's the occasion?
So everything isn't lollipops and butterfly kisses?
Welcome to reality.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Tie has always had both feet planted in reality. (well almost):biggrin: And with some of those hourly employees that I have had to defend over the years, I can also see managements view on a lot of issues.

While somewhat abrasive in his posts, my gut feeling is that in a hearing on an employee discharge, he would bend over backwards to help out or give second chances. Its just that some hourly would not appreciate the chance.

By the same token, his admission that UPS has had more than its share of bad management is not new. He has posted that quite a few times, and that is one item that very few management will admit.

d

njdriver

FedEx Browned
over9five said:
Just read the Businessweek article. I would agree with moreluck that most Fedex ground drivers make a hell of a lot less than $200,000.

The driver I see every day is the most unhappiest sob you'll ever meet. Former RPS guy.

This would be excellent if they gain employee status.

While not in possession of hard percentages, most of the 17,000 alleged independent contractors are SRO's, or Single Route Owners. Although there may be some out there, I have not heard of a Home Delivery SRO making 6 figures. Last year, as a Home Delivery driver, I grossed 58,000.00, with a net of 30,000.00 after expenses. This year, before I was terminated, I would have gone over 60,000.00 There may be some Ground drivers that gross 100,000.00 as they are paid more than Home Delivery, but their expenses are probably more than HD as well.

Some SRO's make a little more, or a little less. Even though a multi-route owner can easily gross 6 figures, their expenses are also cumulatively higher, thus digging into any profit margin. There are also a few who gross over a million, but some of them also own tractor trailers, as well as multiple routes.

Never seemed to me to be worth the extra headache and liability, especially not with FedEx looking over your shoulder all the time.

As far as employee status, the move is afoot and the momentum is building. There are currently 25 lawsuits filed against FedEx over that issue, as well as the finding of employee status by labor boards in Montana and Oregon, the NLRB decision in NJ, various states awarding unemployment to terminated drivers, and the IRS getting involved. Some drivers have even been ordered by the IRS to file as employees this year, and amend prior years tax returns for which they received a 1099.

While the corporate bigwigs continue to make one believe the percentage of unhappy contractors is very small, many are flying under the radar, to avoid the harassment, intimidation and possible termination if their true feelings were known.

It may take awhile, but the bloom is definitely off the rose, and it's just a matter of time before it all comes crashing down.

Last edited:

DS

Fenderbender
its very similar to the DHL guys here...the guy in my area is always busy and he says he`s doing quite well.

quebec_driver

in Quebec, 7 fed ex ground drivers got together and hired a replacement driver, they get 7 weeks off a year each, the replacement driver gets 3. he gets paid by the week.