FedEx Ground

CatMan

The Ground guy on my buddy's route told him that they're averaging 200-300 stops per day in the station where he works. How is that even possible without getting off at like 10 PM? Does anyone on here work for Ground, and if so, what is it like for you guys? That sounds downright awful.
I bumped into a ground guy today and asked him how many deliveries he had, he told me he had 240! But he did have a runner.

floridays

Express is a third party cartage agent in that circumstance, just as Ground is when it delivers Express packages.
I assume Express loses it's airline exemption. An argument could be made.
What say you Dano, explain possibilities you can figure out all by yerself.
I do know how to spell yourself.

What say you Dano?

Be very careful if you have the pecans to reply, not that it matters.

Last edited:

It will be fine

I bumped into a ground guy today and asked him how many deliveries he had, he told me he had 240! But he did have a runner.
Here’s stats from one of my rock stars today.
1EC47E53-5A31-4AC0-96AD-CF0E2FC3ED43.jpeg

CookiePuss

My rural Ground route has went from averaging 60 stops daily to over 150 daily. We usually dispatch no later than 8:30. I work 4 towns spread over 7 counties. They had to split it in half last week or it wasn’t going to get done. Lately I’ve been home by 18:00 but I’m normally home by 15:30.

floridays

My rural Ground route has went from averaging 60 stops daily to over 150 daily. We usually dispatch no later than 8:30. I work 4 towns spread over 7 counties. They had to split it in half last week or it wasn’t going to get done. Lately I’ve been home by 18:00 but I’m normally home by 15:30.
You're getting paid for it, correct?
Get a good nights sleep.

CatMan

I don't care how tight the stops are , that's just insane!..Nobody can keep that up for very long.Your knees will be shot real fast...They should be making 25-30 bucks an hour...it's only fair.

AB831

I don't care how tight the stops are , that's just insane!..Nobody can keep that up for very long.Your knees will be shot real fast...They should be making 25-30 bucks an hour...it's only fair.
Work like a UPS driver, get paid like a handler. It should be the slogan they use to recruit people.

vantexan

"Fair" is what the market is willing to pay.
Amazing how the market can pay more when they have few takers at the lower pay. Ask Amazon. Question should be what the market is able to pay and still make a profit. Just because exploitation can be gotten away with doesn't mean it should.

It will be fine

Keep slamming him with work and he won’t be your rockstar forever. He will either figure it out or his body will figure it out for him.

poor guy.
I know ups people mistakenly believe people should do this work for 30 years but that’s not reality. It’s a job for a few years to get driving experience and move on. It’s for young people, there’s always more of them.