Fedex has PAS?

outamyway

I'm not sure if this is a new thing here or if it's been going on for a while. I never really paid any attention to the huge stacks of fedex deliveries at some of the stops I deliver to.

I thought I'd share this because I think this package was burned. It might have been a missload and I don't think it was ever really attempted (unless it was at the wrong address.) I was home and there was no notice on my door. There is a service cross on it as well but I'm not sure what it all means. I did get it the next day though.

Maybe they'll have better luck with their PAS system than we've had so far.

W

westsideworma

heaven help them...lol

actually it'd probably work really well for them having much less volume than we do. Part of our problem with out of sequence PALs etc is due to processing volume faster than the SPA people can manage to keep up with. I don't blame them, everyone is trying to make us faster and faster each year, diminishing returns are approaching but no one seems to care or notice. Oh well I just work here, they know this is the case so pointing it out would be useless...they just don't seem to care.

Last edited by a moderator:

over9five

Staff member
All I see is a gun.....

How do those slip on grips work for you? I would worry about them slipping around when rapid firing.

outamyway

Well I didn't want that picture on this sight. It's a bit inappropriate. But this is the best I can do since I can't edit my post.

outamyway

I actually like hogue grips. I have one on my AR and my 1911. I just don't like the idea of a slip on grips. That's why I don't have one on my glocks. The innertube grip doesn't move at all. It is hardly slip on though, especially on the Glock 21.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
So, while were chatting about handguns...anyone have a suggestion for a range pistol/home defense, something under 500 dollars? I have a 40 s&w sigma, just a basic pistol but want something else so my wife and I can both go to the range.

bad company

semi-pro
So, while were chatting about handguns...anyone have a suggestion for a range pistol/home defense, something under 500 dollars? I have a 40 s&w sigma, just a basic pistol but want something else so my wife and I can both go to the range.

Springfield Armory XD .45 ACP
It's within your budget (barely), lots of safety features built-in, nice case complete with accessories included. Check it out. Reviews are also very positive.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
FedEx Express has something called ROADS. I don't know what the acronym stands for.They use it in my station, and so far it's pretty much a joke. For lack of a better term ,they use ROADS "guns" on the AM sort and apply a routing label to each pkg that is scanned by the device. Eventually, it's supposed to put the stops in route order, but as of now it cannot even get the pkg to the proper route much of the time. Unless the device is updated by IT personnel on regular basis it still "thinks" in the past and doesn't reflect route re-sectoring and other changes. In short, it's only as good as the person that updates it, and so far,it isn't very effective.

I'm guessing PAS is similar. By the way, what does PAS stand for anyway? It doesn't sound like it works much better than ROADS.