FedEx Named One Of The Best Companies To Work For In 2013

Grounded

If they surveyed me I would agree, I've learned more at FedEx that I did contracting for various scientific areas of government agencies, or even running my own business. I like it a lot more as well.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Disgusting...

They continue to make the front line employees lives hell, and have degraded their standard of living year after year...

Forbes is a conservative business publication, and naming FedEx a top company to work for reflects that inherent mindset. I'm sure getting on the list doesn't come cheaply.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If they surveyed me I would agree, I've learned more at FedEx that I did contracting for various scientific areas of government agencies, or even running my own business. I like it a lot more as well.

You'll "learn" more than you want to if you stick around long enough.

SmithBarney

Make sure you Clarify we were ranked 98 out of 100 that make the list...
Also remember that it includes all companies..ground/express etc...
I'm sure the survey includes a nice portion of Pilots/Executives
Contractors and a small portion of Drivers

That being said if you are a Pilot, Executive etc.. it's the best place ever, huge incentives, large pay, bonuses, and golden parachutes!

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
That being said if you are a Pilot, Executive etc.. it's the best place ever, huge incentives, large pay, bonuses, and golden parachutes!
And that's part of the reason why it sucks for couriers, handlers and CSA's. Too damn much overpay for the top heavy.

hypo hanna

Admittedly there are a lot of employees under the FedEx umbrella but I find it odd that in all my years here I have never known anyone that has been surveyed. My guess is fedex provides the email list of who to ask and vets it to be sure of a better outcome.

vantexan

Admittedly there are a lot of employees under the FedEx umbrella but I find it odd that in all my years here I have never known anyone that has been surveyed. My guess is fedex provides the email list of who to ask and vets it to be sure of a better outcome.

When I was young we were consistently in the top 10. But then FedEx was feeding Forbes misleading stats. They reported one year, back in the early 90's, that couriers start at $34k a year. FedEx told them what couriers on the top payscale start at, just forgot to mention it's only paid in the San Francisco-Silicon Valley area. If we're 98th now I'm betting it's not from a survey, but based on info FedEx is giving them.

Last edited:

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
When I was young we were consistently in the top 10. But then FedEx was feeding Forbes misleading stats. They reported one year, back in the early 90's, that couriers start at $34k a year. FedEx told them what couriers on the top payscale start at, just forgot to mention it's only paid in the San Francisco-Silicon Valley area. If we're 98th now I'm betting it's not from a survey, but based on info FedEx is giving them.
Yeah it's BS just like everything else that Fred signs off on. He can't do anything honestly and he's proven that time and time again.
I doubt they even do that. FedEx has so little respect for anything we think vets or no vets. Fred writes out a big fat check and that's likely enough to keep Forbes happy.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

I've been around quite awhile and I have never known anyone surveyed either. My guess is that the ranking is based upon (false) information provided by FedEx PR.

broorb10

Not surprising.
Afterall this is a company that makes ZERO headlines for slashing thousands of jobs and closing dozens of facilities but the second it hires a hundred or so part time workers and expands one of its existing locations, it's a virtual waterfall of headlines and positive press.