Fedex plan is to get rid of hourly drivers

vantexan

At least I know enough not to argue public education policy with those who have met the educational requirements in order to gain the authorization to guide public education policy when I don't have similar qualifications to do so.

Union Strong if you want to participate in the US public education debate, go to college get your degree and your teachers license and enter the field. There are plenty of openings.
Good Lord if we ever get a totally centralized, all powerful Federal government controlling everyone, you are going to collapse from multiple orgasms.

bacha29

I was the one attacked by the kid. Not the other way around.
Public education is today a political cauldron. It's no country for ageing and uneducated men. If you want to see improvements to the system....run for school board director. You'll find yourself in an impossible situation doing one of the world's most thankless jobs.

vantexan

Public education is today a political cauldron. It's no country for ageing and uneducated men. If you want to see improvements to the system....run for school board director. You'll find yourself in an impossible situation doing one of the world's most thankless jobs.
It's that way because some have forgotten they are there to educate, not indoctrinate. Stick to giving the kids the basics on reading, writing, math, science, computers. Young adults can explore the broader questions of life at the university level. Save K-12 for building the foundation necessary to compete.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
It's that way because some have forgotten they are there to educate, not indoctrinate. Stick to giving the kids the basics on reading, writing, math, science, computers. Young adults can explore the broader questions of life at the university level. Save K-12 for building the foundation necessary to compete.
There are some good teachers, but they’re afraid of the loons in power. The other idiots post on Tik Tok. They admit to grooming kids. The pink hair crowd runs education today.

bacha29

You don't like what you see in public education. Run for school board director. At least you would be trying to actually do something when it comes to what you see is a crisis in public education.
And here's where you can start. I saw the results of a study done a few months ago.
it showed that public school enrollment nationwide overall has grown by 14% However the overall size of the public school administrator headcount has grown by 79%. . Now a few weeks ago I sat in on a public school funding meeting. It was chaired by the usual public school superintendents, coordinators, administrators etc.
Now like most rural areas where school enrollment has fallen significantly but administrative staffing continues to grow, I live in one of those districts that has experienced that growing disparity
When the public comment part of the meeting came up I stood up and asked them this question:

"How many tiers of management do you think you need to run a school district whose scale of operations have grown much smaller and likely to get even smaller. "?

Having been challenged with a question regarding expanding headcount in a time of declining enrollment the answer was one of deflection and evasion trying desperately trying to avoid having to confront the fact that creating employment has become more important than providing services.

Thebrownblob

You don't like what you see in public education. Run for school board director. At least you would be trying to actually do something when it comes to what you see is a crisis in public education.
And here's where you can start. I saw the results of a study done a few months ago.
it showed that public school enrollment nationwide overall has grown by 14% However the overall size of the public school administrator headcount has grown by 79%. . Now a few weeks ago I sat in on a public school funding meeting. It was chaired by the usual public school superintendents, coordinators, administrators etc.
Now like most rural areas where school enrollment has fallen significantly but administrative staffing continues to grow, I live in one of those districts that has experienced that growing disparity
When the public comment part of the meeting came up I stood up and asked them this question:

"How many tiers of management do you think you need to run a school district whose scale of operations have grown much smaller and likely to get even smaller. "?

Having been challenged with a question regarding expanding headcount in a time of declining enrollment the answer was one of deflection and evasion trying desperately trying to avoid having to confront the fact that creating employment has become more important than providing services.
Bro, you totally owned them!!!! I bet your comment causes them to totally rethink their strategy on funding, and they get rid of multiple layers of bureaucratic tax funded
management. thank you so much for doing that. We are forever indebted to you for going to a public school funding meeting.

Thebrownblob

We have received a short video of @bacha29 celebrating his epic takedown of the bureaucratic juggernaut at the school board meeting. You deserve the celebration, sir.
Hopefully you celebrated with a Shirley Temple at Chili’s afterwards.
1681832327011.gif

bacha29

Bro, you totally owned them!!!! I bet your comment causes them to totally rethink their strategy on funding, and they get rid of multiple layers of bureaucratic tax funded
management. thank you so much for doing that. We are forever indebted to you for going to a public school funding meeting.
And just exactly what direct involvement have you had in the public education debate and forum?
It's easy to get on this message board vent and complain. Anybody can do that. But to actually attend public meetings, serve on school boards etc. Tell us what you've done in that area. .

Thebrownblob

And just exactly what direct involvement have you had in the public education debate and forum?
It's easy to get on this message board vent and complain. Anybody can do that. But to actually attend public meetings, serve on school boards etc. Tell us what you've done in that area. .
I realize you never miss a chance to pump yourself up and tell us that you know everything, but I thought this thread was about FedEx workers losing their jobs? Maybe you should start the thread entitled..

@bacha29 I am amazing, epic awesomeness of everything, I will own you all with my mad skills…… thread.

I look forward to posting their.

Last edited:

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I realize you never miss a chance to pump yourself up and tell us that you know everything, but I thought this thread was about FedEx workers losing their jobs? Maybe you should start the thread entitled..

@bacha29 I am amazing, epic awesomeness of everything, I will own you all with my max skills…… thread.

He’s probably got more than 2 accounts on here.

bacha29

@bacha29 I am amazing, epic awesomeness of everything, I will own you all with my max skills…… thread.

Why not save us all unnecessary reading by simply admitting that you've done nothing in an effort to improve public education outside of complaining about it.

Empty Pockets

This thread is the perfect example of why express is going the way it's going.
It is the microcosm of the whole country. Eleven more pages of this BS I am not gonna make it through. Even a mod is arguing off topic. There are already political threads with the same arguments. Take it to the bar or the lounge. Oh no, let's just screw it up for everyone and piss them off because we can.