Fedex plan is to get rid of hourly drivers

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
They really may as well. Nothing left to lose now. Maybe do it torched earth style. Drive all the vehicles to the furthest point a station services, park them, log chain them together and have people there to bring the former drivers back to the station.🤣
Exactly. They have nothing to lose at this point.

UnionStrong

They definitely still fear it, during the organizing campaign, the company spent millions flying in anti-labor, union, busting consultants, as well as giving raises and better insurance that of course they eventually took back after the promises we’re not necessary anymore.
Most companies will not give anything more to employees unless compelled by a union.

bacha29

You know the old saying....."The early bird gets the worm". The first out get the first shot at the best replacement jobs available.
Go to work for a contractor for far fewer pay and benefits? Only as a last resort and chances are it's because you didn't get out fast enough.

You're a contractor? If this results in you being even worse off than before....just remember....you wanted in there badly enough.

bbsam

Staff member
They definitely still fear it, during the organizing campaign, the company spent millions flying in anti-labor, union, busting consultants, as well as giving raises and better insurance that of course they eventually took back after the promises we’re not necessary anymore.
So they have a proven plan. They know what works. Of course they’d rather not have to use that plan, but I don’t think they fear the possible need to use it.

Mutineer

Labor pool is shrinking. May not be so easy to replace them.

The labor pool is not shrinking. That is a lie in order to justify and enable the scourge of excessive immigration.

Push a button. And watch the hand-held routing and mapping technology instantly converted from English to Spanish. I think very many drivers would be shocked at how easy they are to replace.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
The labor pool is not shrinking. That is a lie in order to justify and enable the scourge of excessive immigration.

Push a button. And watch the hand-held routing and mapping technology instantly converted from English to Spanish. I think very many drivers would be shocked at how easy they are to replace.
It's been easy for every business to lower their service expectations from consumers by using the "Global supply chain" and "labor shortage" lines. Once Biden gets removed and things get back to normal, the service levels will remain at their established lows as the new normal.

UnionStrong

Ok

bacha29

It's been easy for every business to lower their service expectations from consumers by using the "Global supply chain" and "labor shortage" lines. Once Biden gets removed and things get back to normal, the service levels will remain at their established lows as the new normal.
The president Democrat or Republican does not control markets. If you prefer the benefits of a state run economy there are no shortages of nations where that is available to you.

Furthermore, the president does not run the country and hasn't for many decades. So who does run the country? The Chairman Of The Federal Reserve Board runs not only this country but the economies of most of the free world.

Now that the chairman position has become a much more public one when he/she steps up to the microphone markets worldwide stop dead in their tracks and wait to see what the chairman has to say and respond accordingly.

Mutineer

The above perfectly summarizes the truth.

No lie is too egregious, or falsehood too blatant in order to keep the supply of cheap labor flowing in.

For management weenies and Human Resources critters; cheap, disposable labor is like throwing live chickens to alligators.

There can never be enough.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
The president Democrat or Republican does not control markets. If you prefer the benefits of a state run economy there are no shortages of nations where that is available to you.

Furthermore, the president does not run the country and hasn't for many decades. So who does run the country? The Chairman Of The Federal Reserve Board runs not only this country but the economies of most of the free world.

Now that the chairman position has become a much more public one when he/she steps up to the microphone markets worldwide stop dead in their tracks and wait to see what the chairman has to say and respond accordingly.
You're delusional to suddenly take a position that the CinC does not "run" the country.

UnionStrong

2A755D6B-A0F8-4893-89D2-3FAF94BA58D7.gif

bacha29

You're delusional to suddenly take a position that the CinC does not "run" the country.
The powers of the American presidency has been on the decline since 25th Amendment, The War Powers Act, Watergate the growing calls for limiting executive orders and the emergence of new global powers such as China and South Korea. If authoritarianism is what you prefer to live under no shortage of those types of places either.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
The powers of the American presidency has been on the decline since 25th Amendment, The War Powers Act, Watergate the growing calls for limiting executive orders and the emergence of new global powers such as China and South Korea. If authoritarianism is what you prefer to live under no shortage of those types of places either.
No, you're completely misrepresenting what I said. Not unusual for you.
The dope in the White House is responsible for this country being as :censored2:ed up as it currently is. Plain and simple.

UnionStrong

9B164CBB-3FA0-42CD-900A-A187429882A3.gif

Exact opposite, executive branch has expanded its powers, because congress is afraid to vote on controversial bills. Hence all the excecutive orders.
9B164CBB-3FA0-42CD-900A-A187429882A3.gif