FedEx PPA Going Away

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
There's enough to impeach in the House. We'll see how much more it takes for McConnell to go back into his shell and decide Trump is a losing proposition for the survival of the GOP.

I hate McConnell, but he's smart. Trump is just plain stupid.

Dude, wake up. The elected Dems aren't even united on whether an official impeachment proceeding should take place. Those who are out to make a name for themselves want to go full speed ahead. Pelosi and the others who are or hope to be lifers understand that that's the last thing they want to do. They don't really have a case and a formal impeachment vote looks bad. If they don't have enough votes, it looks REALLY bad. If they have enough votes (and they almost certainly do), it will be almost entirely along party lines and will be spun as a partisan hit job.

And through it all, Trump won't shut up about how the Democrats are targeting him for the usual reasons he gives.

Then it goes to the Senate, where they don't have enough votes to convict. And Trump won't shut up about how he was found innocent and it was all just a setup to screw him. Then he rides into the 2020 election on a platform of "Don't forget what the Democrats tried to pull."

The only reason we've gotten this far is because the rubes have been demanding it since the day after the 2016 elction and the lifers (Pelosi and so on) have to placate the masses. Ideally, they wanted to start fiddling with impeachment in mid/late 2020 because it would be more effective then regardless of how flimsy the case is. They can go for it now and have it resolved so early that they can't gain anything from it for the 2020 election or they can drag it out so long that people lose faith that it will amount to anything. Take your pick.

He's in a position where he doesn't have to do anything and the opposition is (again) in too deep to stop yet they know they can't really go any further. Not bad for "just plain stupid."

59 Dano

Same reason they gave a choice to remain in the traditional or switch to the PPA then eventually freezing the Traditional for everyone. It's really not that hard to see what they're doing while trying not to look bad while doing it.

If you think they're organized enough to plan and execute such a series of these types of changes, you're nuts.

By taking away in small increments people are far less bothered to care, or even notice it is happening.

Yet here we are, caring and noticing it.

It will be fine

Dude, wake up. The elected Dems aren't even united on whether an official impeachment proceeding should take place. Those who are out to make a name for themselves want to go full speed ahead. Pelosi and the others who are or hope to be lifers understand that that's the last thing they want to do. They don't really have a case and a formal impeachment vote looks bad. If they don't have enough votes, it looks REALLY bad. If they have enough votes (and they almost certainly do), it will be almost entirely along party lines and will be spun as a partisan hit job.

And through it all, Trump won't shut up about how the Democrats are targeting him for the usual reasons he gives.

Then it goes to the Senate, where they don't have enough votes to convict. And Trump won't shut up about how he was found innocent and it was all just a setup to screw him. Then he rides into the 2020 election on a platform of "Don't forget what the Democrats tried to pull."

The only reason we've gotten this far is because the rubes have been demanding it since the day after the 2016 elction and the lifers (Pelosi and so on) have to placate the masses. Ideally, they wanted to start fiddling with impeachment in mid/late 2020 because it would be more effective then regardless of how flimsy the case is. They can go for it now and have it resolved so early that they can't gain anything from it for the 2020 election or they can drag it out so long that people lose faith that it will amount to anything. Take your pick.

He's in a position where he doesn't have to do anything and the opposition is (again) in too deep to stop yet they know they can't really go any further. Not bad for "just plain stupid."
TLDR

UnconTROLLed

perfection
If you think they're organized enough to plan and execute such a series of these types of changes, you're nuts.

I didn't say no one would notice or care, I said less likely. Are you saying that human nature does not apply to FedEx employees? What I said is true and not earth shattering knowledge ;p

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I didn't say no one would notice or care, I said less likely. Are you saying that human nature does not apply to FedEx employees? What I said is true and not earth shattering knowledge ;p
Dano likes to twist other people's words. That's how Memphis trains 'em.

MAKAVELI

Nuts? It's what FedEx has done for the past 20 years. You're the one who is nuts. As far as some people noticing, yes those of us that have been here a while or longer notice. Those who are new, not so much.

59 Dano

Nuts? It's what FedEx has done for the past 20 years. You're the one who is nuts. As far as some people noticing, yes those of us that have been here a while or longer notice.

LOL. They issued a two or three page memo about it that was distributed to everyone. Hard not to notice. But you go right ahead with "they have this detailed long term plan to do all these things." Why not just do them all at once?

MAKAVELI

LOL. They issued a two or three page memo about it that was distributed to everyone. Hard not to notice. But you go right ahead with "they have this detailed long term plan to do all these things." Why not just do them all at once?
Why didn't they do all at once last time?

59 Dano

Why didn't they do all at once last time?

Because your opinion of their goal and the steps you think they will take to achieve it are both wrong. If their goal is to make a joke of the retirement program, they're taking their sweet time about it and losing a ton of money in the process.

MAKAVELI

Because your opinion of their goal and the steps you think they will take to achieve it are both wrong. If their goal is to make a joke of the retirement program, they're taking their sweet time about it and losing a ton of money in the process.
They've already made a joke of it. Ttku....

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
When asked to name a witness that presented non-hearsay evidence, you couldn't and accused van of deflecting... in order to deflect from the fact that you couldn't name anyone. LOL!!!

Please explain why Bolton, Pompeo, Mulvaney, Perry, and the rest of the requested witnesses were not present?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Liar.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Please explain why Bolton, Pompeo, Mulvaney, Perry, and the rest of the requested witnesses were not present?

I guess you can't answer, so Ill help out. All of these individuals had first-hand, direct knowledge of Trump's illegal actions, so Trump prevented them from testifying.

Simple. He's guilty.

SmithBarney

Explain why the "whistleblower" wasn't allowed to testify ? He started this mess.

I rarely step in this arena, the Whistleblower isn't required ever, the whole reason whistleblower laws exist are to protect them, having them answer more questions doesn't help either side of the debate.

If there were no merit to the claims it would have never progressed past someone saying "hey I think something shady is going on"
They looked into it, and found that something shady was going on.

Like someone said:

If someone pulls a fire alarm when they see smoke(even if they can't see the fire), do you question why, or do you thank them. Or should they ignore the smoke let the place burn down, then someone else will say "why didn't anyone pull the alarm..."

I listened as much as I could all week, it was quite riveting. As an independent, the Reb. sure have made themselves a shi7show.