FedEx PPA Going Away

vantexan

I rarely step in this arena, the Whistleblower isn't required ever, the whole reason whistleblower laws exist are to protect them, having them answer more questions doesn't help either side of the debate.

If there were no merit to the claims it would have never progressed past someone saying "hey I think something shady is going on"
They looked into it, and found that something shady was going on.

Like someone said:

If someone pulls a fire alarm when they see smoke(even if they can't see the fire), do you question why, or do you thank them. Or should they ignore the smoke let the place burn down, then someone else will say "why didn't anyone pull the alarm..."

I listened as much as I could all week, it was quite riveting. As an independent, the Reb. sure have made themselves a shi7show.
Actually under existing whistleblower statutes this whistleblower doesn't qualify. And the president isn't subject to whistleblower laws. Nothing shady went on, this is but the latest attempt to unseat the president. The whistleblower's lawyer was on Twitter in early 2017 talking about impeachment and a coup. The "whistleblower" was in contact with Adam Schiff's staff before all of this which Schiff admitted. And Schiff all through the Russian collusion inquiry was saying he had seen documents confirming Trump colluded with the Russians but after the Mueller report he couldn't produce any evidence of collusion. You're being hoodwinked by the Democrats .

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Actually under existing whistleblower statutes this whistleblower doesn't qualify. And the president isn't subject to whistleblower laws. Nothing shady went on, this is but the latest attempt to unseat the president. The whistleblower's lawyer was on Twitter in early 2017 talking about impeachment and a coup. The "whistleblower" was in contact with Adam Schiff's staff before all of this which Schiff admitted. And Schiff all through the Russian collusion inquiry was saying he had seen documents confirming Trump colluded with the Russians but after the Mueller report he couldn't produce any evidence of collusion. You're being hoodwinked by the Democrats .

More Nunsense and lies.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I rarely step in this arena, the Whistleblower isn't required ever, the whole reason whistleblower laws exist are to protect them, having them answer more questions doesn't help either side of the debate.

If there were no merit to the claims it would have never progressed past someone saying "hey I think something shady is going on"
They looked into it, and found that something shady was going on.

Like someone said:

If someone pulls a fire alarm when they see smoke(even if they can't see the fire), do you question why, or do you thank them. Or should they ignore the smoke let the place burn down, then someone else will say "why didn't anyone pull the alarm..."

I listened as much as I could all week, it was quite riveting. As an independent, the Reb. sure have made themselves a shi7show.

Perhaps Nunes will read this. Then, he'll call you a liar.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Lie.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Only this place can take a thread about our pension and turn it into a political argument. Good God!
I'm with you on this one.

I stay away from the political and religion stuff because in the end there are no winners. Can't the mods move that kind of stuff over to current events? @bbsam

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I’ve always considered myself to lean more towards the conservative side, but I’m sorry - how can I possibly take seriously a guy who

thinks it might be a good idea to drop nukes into a hurricane (let’s just add more misery to the event, shall we?) Speaking of hurricanes, did you know that Hurricane Florence was “one of the wettest ever, from the standpoint of water”? Yup, according to the Orange Emperor it was. Oh, and he really has a strange relationship with hurricanes. When hurricane Dorian approached, he claimed he’d never heard of a Category 5 hurricane before “didn’t even know such a thing existed” even though he’d already experienced 3 of them during his presidency.

says California could prevent forest fires if it would simply just rake around its trees

said the army took over the air and manned our airports during the battle of independence in 1775 -that wasn’t his fault though because the teleprompter went out - you know, that thing he always criticized his predecessor - that black fella - for using.

stated that if he became president he’d never be on the golf course (like that black fella always was) cuz he’d be too busy working for the American people

claims CFLs are responsible for making his face appear to look like an Oompa Loompa (funny they don’t seem to affect the rest of us that way)

Speaking of CFLs, are you aware they cause cancer? Yup, and windmills too

submits a physical report from his own personal physician who claims he’d be the “healthiest president ever” and as a matter of fact all of his tests came back “positive” (even though tests results that are positive are in fact a negative in the medicine world). Apparently Dr. Quack was absent from medical school the day they taught that)

Thinks its perfectly okay to publicly mock someone’s physical handicap, then claims to have never even met the guy before, even though just prior to launching into his near dead-on impersonation says to his adoring crowd “you gotta see this guy”....hmmm, a rather odd pronouncement to make from someone who never met the guy before.

Denigrates POWS by saying he “likes the ones who didn’t get caught” - meanwhile he excuses himself from military service because those damn bone spurs (remember the healthiest president ever).

Claimed he would run into a school - unarmed even - to save the lives of children under siege by a mass shooter. The only establishment he would ever even possibly run into is McDonalds. (honestly, can anyone even imagine this tub of orange smegma running anywhere?)

Allowed himself to be totally duped by a two-bit foreign despot with his love letters - and even saluted a communist military officer along the way (but at least he didn’t bow like that black fella before him did - what a silly Negro)

Says Joe Biden is “really out there”. Not that I disagree with that necessarily, but honestly - pot meet kettle, right?

Referred to his own daughter as a piece of ass

Said Puerto Rico is “an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water” Well, I guess I can’t argue with that one.

Once stated he could stand in the middle of 5th ave. and shoot somebody and not lose any voters. Again, I guess, (sadly) no argument here.

Said that an “extremely credible source” called his office and told him Barack Obama’s (that damn black fella again) birth certificate was bogus.

Mercilessly fat-shamed someone at one of his rallies whom he thought was a protester but actually turned out to be one of his rabid supporters - loved that one.

Took a golf cart for the 700 yard trip for a photo op at the G7 while every single other world leader present walked the distance. Way to demonstrate that “healthiest president ever” thing to the rest of the planet, Don.

Ah, but Donnie (stable genius that he is) knows that the human body is like a battery, and only has a finite amount of energy which exhausts quicker if you exercise (better slow down on the golf course there, sir, we wouldn’t want to lose ye too soon).

Claimed Ted Cruz’s father was involved in the JFK assassination, not to mention Ted’s wife wasn’t nearly as hot as his own.

Speaking of his wife, Donald claims Mel is fluent in 5 languages - a shame English isn’t one of them.

Claims to have graduated top of his class at Wharton - though there is no documentation backing that up anywhere, and none of his former classmates seem to have any recollection of him - although one of his former professors apparently did - allegedly said he was “the dumbest goddam student I ever had”

“I will build a great wall – and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me – and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words.”

I could go on and on with the wit and witticisms of our Great Pumpkin-in-Chief, but it’s really all rather exhausting - and my body only has a finite amount of energy.

95F9BA60-9966-4B7A-A07D-5BA57EE8F5ED.jpeg

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I’ve always considered myself to lean more towards the conservative side, but I’m sorry - how can I possibly take seriously a guy who

thinks it might be a good idea to drop nukes into a hurricane (let’s just add more misery to the event, shall we?) Speaking of hurricanes, did you know that Hurricane Florence was “one of the wettest ever, from the standpoint of water”? Yup, according to the Orange Emperor it was. Oh, and he really has a strange relationship with hurricanes. When hurricane Dorian approached, he claimed he’d never heard of a Category 5 hurricane before “didn’t even know such a thing existed” even though he’d already experienced 3 of them during his presidency.

says California could prevent forest fires if it would simply just rake around its trees

said the army took over the air and manned our airports during the battle of independence in 1775 -that wasn’t his fault though because the teleprompter went out - you know, that thing he always criticized his predecessor - that black fella - for using.

stated that if he became president he’d never be on the golf course (like that black fella always was) cuz he’d be too busy working for the American people

claims CFLs are responsible for making his face appear to look like an Oompa Loompa (funny they don’t seem to affect the rest of us that way)

submits a physical report from his own personal physician who claims he’d be the “healthiest president ever” and as a matter of fact all of his tests came back “positive” (even though tests results that are positive are in fact a negative in the medicine world). Apparently Dr. Quack was absent from medical school the day they taught that)

Thinks its perfectly okay to publicly mock someone’s physical handicap, then claims to have never even met the guy before, even though just prior to launching into his near dead-on impersonation says to his adoring crowd “you gotta see this guy”....hmmm, a rather odd pronouncement to make from someone who never met the guy before.

Denigrates POWS by saying he “likes the ones who didn’t get caught” - meanwhile he excuses himself from military service because those damn bone spurs (remember the healthiest president ever).

Claimed he would run into a school - unarmed even - to save the lives of children under siege by a mass shooter. The only establishment he would ever even possibly run into is McDonalds. (honestly, can anyone even imagine this tub of orange smegma running anywhere?)

Allowed himself to be totally duped by a two-bit foreign despot with his love letters - and even saluted a communist military officer along the way (but at least he didn’t bow like that black fella before him did - what a silly Negro)

Says Joe Biden is “really out there”. Not that I disagree with that necessarily, but honestly - pot meet kettle, right?

Said Puerto Rico is “an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water” Well, I guess I can’t argue with that one.

Once stated he could stand in the middle of 5th ave. and shoot somebody and not lose any voters. Again, I guess, (sadly) no argument here.

Said that an “extremely credible source” called his office and told him Barack Obama’s (that damn black fella again) birth certificate was bogus.

Mercilessly fat-shamed someone at one of his rallies whom he thought was a protester but actually turned out to be one of his rabid supporters - loved that one.

Took a golf cart for the 700 yard trip for a photo op at the G7 while every single other world leader present walked the distance. Way to demonstrate that “healthiest president ever” thing to the rest of the planet, Don.

Ah, but Donnie (stable genius that he is) knows that the human body is like a battery, and only has a finite amount of energy which exhausts quicker if you exercise (better slow down on the golf course there, sir, we wouldn’t want to lose ye too soon).

Claimed Ted Cruz’s father was involved in the JFK assassination, not to mention Ted’s wife wasn’t nearly as hot as his own.

Speaking of his wife, Donald claims Mel is fluent in 5 languages - a shame English isn’t one of them.

Claims to have graduated top of his class at Wharton - though there is no documentation backing that up anywhere, and none of his former classmates seem to have any recollection of him - although one of his former professors apparently did - allegedly said he was “the dumbest goddam student I ever had”

“I will build a great wall – and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me – and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words.”

I could go on and on with the wit and witticisms of our Great Pumpkin-in-Chief, but it’s really all rather exhausting - and my body only has a finite amount of energy.View attachment 273207

"Im going to make your PPA GREAT again!!". Great post. Excellent illustration of the Orange Idiot.

BTW, Fred isn't one of his fans. Before Trump was elected, our fearless leader went to Trump Tower to argue against protectionism, tariffs etc....all of the things that would affect poor Fred.

Obviously, things haven't gone Fred's way and profit is in the toilet. Express is precisely the kind of business hurt by nationalism and the Trump economic "policies" on foreign trade.

The loss of the PPA helps the bottom line, although I'd argue that the rotating door of turnmover will be spinning even faster, and actually reducing profitability more than by retaining it and attracting better workers.

vantexan

I could go on and on with the wit and witticisms of our Great Pumpkin-in-Chief, but it’s really all rather exhausting - and my body only has a finite amount of energy.

View attachment 273207
And much of that is MSM reporting, making things up.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
3A5B204F-BBEF-46E1-ACDE-FF6FDAE2A43C.png
van, most everything I mentioned is on record for perpetuity (something that always seems to escape the man). Remember, he originally apologized (sorta) and expressed embarrassment for the Access Hollywood tape - then later called it fake. He can’t have it both ways.... and even if only a fraction of this stuff were true, it’s way too much.

Last edited:

vantexan

View attachment 273222 van, most everything I mentioned is on record for perpetuity (something that always seems to escape the man). Remember, he originally apologized (sorta) and expressed embarrassment for the Access Hollywood tape - then later called it fake. He can’t have it both ways.... and even if only a fraction of this stuff were true, it’s way too much.
I look at his record more than his gaffes. Lowered taxes, reduced regulations that smothered business, brought unemployment way down, brought back hundreds of thousands of manufacturing jobs, strengthened the military, greatly improved trade deal with Canada and Mexico which Pelosi has yet to take up, standing up to China which not only had a lopsided trade imbalance but was and is stealing our intellectual property. He's done more in three years than most two term presidents accomplish. Might not be polished, certainly not Ronald Reagan, but he gets things done. If Hillary had won we'd not only have a major crook in the White House but we'd still be in an economic malaise, stagnation. And if Dems do capture the presidency and Congress we're looking at a hard Left sea change. Unfortunately people have to learn the hard way how that will turn out because they get sold on the idea that everything will be fair and equal and much easier on them than capitalism. Doesn't work, but let's find out.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
No sir. Truth is the whistleblower, who didn't actually hear the phone call, said that Trump said all kinds of things. Then Trump released the transcript and blew that out of the water. Last thing Schiff expected.

Oh, you mean the altered transcript, not the verbatim actual conversation? You don't know what the whistleblower said or did or who they are, just like the rest of us.

You'll have to wait for the trial. You are mainlining the Trump Kool-Aid and freebasing it at the same time.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I guess you can't answer, so Ill help out. All of these individuals had first-hand, direct knowledge of Trump's illegal actions, so Trump prevented them from testifying.

Simple. He's guilty.

Just like he was guilty of colluding with Russia during the election. Right?

59 Dano

A whistleblower can be subpoenaed to testify. The whistleblower laws exist to protect them from retaliation from their employers (demotions, termination, etc.). Without his testimony, much of the case is hearsay.

59 Dano

View attachment 273207

Consider the alternative. Hillary, Jeb!, or any of the other GOP also-rans who wanted nothing to do with a conservative agenda. Give me an a**hole who moves the sticks instead of establishment dinosaurs content to run it up the middle on 3rd and 9 against a stacked box because that's the way it's always been done and they respect that process.

Last edited: