FedEx PPA Going Away

vantexan

Oh, you mean the altered transcript, not the verbatim actual conversation? You don't know what the whistleblower said or did or who they are, just like the rest of us.

You'll have to wait for the trial. You are mainlining the Trump Kool-Aid and freebasing it at the same time.
They put out what the whistleblower said Trump said, then Trump put out the transcript verbatim from the transcribers. Do you not know anything about how things work?

vantexan

A whistleblower can be subpoenaed to testify. The whistleblower laws exist to protect them from retaliation from their employers (demotions, termination, etc.). Without his testimony, much of the case is hearsay.
Even the whistleblower wasn't in on the phone call. Total hearsay.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Consider the alternative.
I know. It’s why for the first time in my voting life I couldn’t bring myself to vote for any of the schlemiels on the ballot.
325 million people in this country and that was the (cess)pool we ended up with.
I hoped for the best, but knew my suspicions were pretty much confirmed when his first order of business was to insist he had the hugest inauguration crowd ever....and he wouldn’t let it go.

vantexan

Did either of you actually listen? or just get your reporting from FoxNews?

Whistleblower, raised a flag, the hearings shown found the allegations to be true.
I didn't listen, I watched the hearings. The witnesses all gave hearsay testimony. They heard from someone else who heard something. Right now the Dems are wavering about going forward.

SmithBarney

I didn't listen, I watched the hearings. The witnesses all gave hearsay testimony. They heard from someone else who heard something. Right now the Dems are wavering about going forward.

Then you didn't listen, "they heard from someone else who heard" is a nunez/fauxNews talking point. Go listen again.

vantexan

Then you didn't listen, "they heard from someone else who heard" is a nunez/fauxNews talking point. Go listen again.
Not one witness presented by Schiff was a fact witness. It was all hearsay. I watched the hearings, heard their replies to questions. Let's see if this actually gets out of the House.

Preventable

As much as I think Trump did what he is accused of, and maybe should be removed from office I do share the sentiment that the evidence is somewhat lackluster and 99% of it would be completely inadmissible (edit: in a criminal trial).

They also spent an entire day hearing from a witness that I don’t think had any relevance to the matter at hand (Marie Yovanovitch or whatever).

The only testimony that I saw that was even remotely damning was from Bill Taylor on day 1. Phone calls overheard third hand at a lunch table or statements like “we all knew what he wanted” aren’t really enough to remove the president of the United States from office no matter how slimy he’s being.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I know. It’s why for the first time in my voting life I couldn’t bring myself to vote for any of the schlemiels on the ballot.
325 million people in this country and that was the (cess)pool we ended up with.
I hoped for the best, but knew my suspicions were pretty much confirmed when his first order of business was to insist he had the hugest inauguration crowd ever....and he wouldn’t let it go.

Didn't bother me. Rolled my eyes and then was thankful that my party was in the White House with a guy who makes a big deal out of things like that because he also makes a big deal of important things. The alternative (besides HRC) would be my party in the White House with a guy who is a pushover on important things, which was most of the GOP primary field.

Meat

Not one witness presented by Schiff was a fact witness. It was all hearsay. I watched the hearings, heard their replies to questions. Let's see if this actually gets out of the House.

With all due respect, I hardly think you are qualified to make the determination between circumstantial and hearsay evidence.

Your statements are so simplistic regarding hearsay that I can only assume your knowledge of court proceedings is derived exclusively from watching LA Law in the 80’s (other than that time you got your ass sued).

Personal testimony from knowledgeable and professional people goes a LONG way in criminal proceedings, even if the person testifying is proffering a circumstantial account.

Meat

I do share the sentiment that the evidence is somewhat lackluster and 99% of it would be completely inadmissible (edit: in a criminal trial).

You are dead wrong with this assumption.

I assume your knowledge of criminal proceedings is derived from tv dramas that start out with something like this: “Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, you will see that the evidence against my client is of a circumstantial nature, and therefore you must acquit.”

In the real world, the personal testimony of an accomplished person, testifying in regards to events that they have partial first hand knowledge of, would undoubtedly be treated as credible circumstantial evidence, and not hearsay.

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Dear Nunes,

You are armed with an umbrella in a Category 5 hurricane combined with an F4 tornado....of Trump lies.
Keep on looking for the killer, OJ.

You, and all the rest of the apologists are pathetic.

Trump...going down fast. Hope Pence is along for the ride, clinging to the Trump-stained toilet paper as it heads down the toilet bowl.

Don't forget to wipe your Jordan.

Love,
Reality

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Dear Nunes,

You are armed with an umbrella in a Category 5 hurricane combined with an F4 tornado....of Trump lies.

Trump...going down fast. Hope Pence is along for the ride, clinging to the Trump-stained toilet paper as it heads down the toilet bowl.

Love,
Reality

Why is the House dragging its feet??? Let's get it going! Time to crap or get off the terlit. If they have a case they should be much further along by now.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Why is the House dragging its feet??? Let's get it going! Time to crap or get off the terlit. If they have a case they should be much further along by now.

Dear Mr. Jordan,

Thank you for being such an ardent supporter of our great president!! Like Devin Nunes, you understand that he's the best president ever and that all of his supposed lies and misdeeds are really just part of a Democratic coup to take down our beloved and duly elected president.

It wasn't Hillary's turn!! MAGA!!

Sincerely,

Laura Trump

It will be fine

It’s been a few months. You really think the process to remove a corrupt president should happen in a couple weeks? It takes longer for a moving violation to go through.

Meat

It’s been a few months. You really think the process to remove a corrupt president should happen in a couple weeks? It takes longer for a moving violation to go through.

Actually, once Mulvaney and Bolton are compelled to testify, things will proceed in a pretty timely fashion.

vantexan

Dear Nunes,

Love,
Reality
You still can't name one witness who presented evidence of wrongdoing. But you do you.