Fedex vs UPS,who's better to work for?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
A driver in my center used to drive for FedEx, according to him UPS pays better but FedEx is a lot nicer place to work. The FedEx drivers in my area all seem pretty content with their jobs.

OptimusPrime

Apparently Office Max recently switched it's outgoing to Fedex. It's still in my board, so I obviously have to stop regardless of whether or not I have a delivery. (Plus it seems some of their vendor returns go UPS). Been told several times they have no pickups for me, but a stack of Fedex stuff just waiting because the guy just doesn't show up. Really?

david426

UPS has flat out higher wages, and benefits, as well as a Pension plan and a 401k plan.. Plus Union backing.. I started in 1985 and UPS had high standards back then.. A part time employee had to be enrolled in College or a Tech School.. I went from part time to full a time Package Car Driver after 5 years and completing my Bachelors Degree in Business Administration.. I've been in the Feeder Dept. for the last 6 years..

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
How can you guys say UPS is a great company with all of the bitching that you do? Either you quit bitching and say it's great, or you continue to bitch and admit they don't know wtf they're doing. You can't have it both ways. The drivers that make up the company may know what they're doing, but it's very questionable whether the people running the circus do.

We work for UPS.
BC is a website like a corner tavern in Boston.
FedEx people come here to complain and bitch.

UPS people come here for a release and a cold beer.
This is OUR tavern.
This is OUR family.

It is along these lines of family...
I can complain about my brother with my other brother or sister.
If you, an outsider, say anything bad about that very same brother...I am gonna kick your *****.

This is our house.
We will complain.
We still call this home.
You, FedEx, are a guest.

And as a guest, please don't over stay your welcome.

UPS is a better place to work.

bbsam

Staff member
Odd. UPS doesn't recognize you as
part of their family.
No, Aj, you are wrong. BC is it's own family
and you are free to bitch and complain about
some of it's members.
Of course, even a princess of a family can
wear out her welcome.
You are now free to kick my ass, but mom is watching.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Having only worked for UPS and not FedEx, I don't have a proper frame of reference to evaluate which is the better place to work.

menotyou

bella amicizia
We all deliver packages, no matter whose label is on it. As far as Cartage and SCS, they are under the UPS Corporate umbrella. She is my sister, as far as I am concerned.
As someone wiser than me nicely phrased it, you are like an Uncle, Upstate. We are family here.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Odd. UPS doesn't recognize you as
part of their family.
No, Aj, you are wrong. BC is it's own family
and you are free to bitch and complain about
some of it's members.
Of course, even a princess of a family can
wear out her welcome.
You are now free to kick my ass, but mom is watching.

<-------This princess wore out her welcome.

I have no reason to kick you.
You didn't 'dis' any of my UPS family.
You just saved it all to sucker punch me.

Omega man

Look at the PROFIT$ UP$ is bringing in. You just can't say management doesn't know what they're doing.

UPS makes a profit besides themselves. Just look at the total disfunction that is part of an average operating day. Most of it is caused by poor and inaccurate planning by I.E. and clueless decisions made by upper-management.
UPS makes a good profit because they have no real competition and because they still have enough good employees on both sides who are able to put out the fires and clean up the mess.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
UPS makes a profit besides themselves. Just look at the total disfunction that is part of an average operating day. Most of it is caused by poor and inaccurate planning by I.E. and clueless decisions made by upper-management.
UPS makes a good profit because they have no real competition and because they still have enough good employees on both sides who are able to put out the fires and clean up the mess.

I like working at UPS. I like being a part of the ever dwindling middle class. However, I also dont have a proper reference having only worked at UPS, but I will add to omega mans comment.

The reason there are messes to be cleaned up is due to the total lack of knowledge of day to day operations at the VERY top. Our CEO, unlike the majority of his predesesors, has NEVER worked a preload shift, NEVER set foot in a package car to deliver. That SOB took away my years of service awards, safety awards, and christmas turkey because the company needed to scale back to stay "profitable". That's all fine and dandy until you realize he received a 7.8 million dollar bonus that very same year. His entire attitude is cut cut cut. Not grow grow grow. A business that fails to grow FAILS.

We no longer have a sales force in my area. We went from a four member sales team to one sales person. Unnishippers handles all our sales now. Unnishippers doesn't go after ground accounts because there is no money in it. What sense does that make? Would you like to know the names of the last two shipping companies that partnered with Unnishippers? Airborne Express and DHL. What happened to them?