FedEx Wages - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
I didn't mean to come off so rude, but I read that right before I needed to leave my house and part of me was frustrated that I couldn't continue with the discussion. Since I knew I wouldn't be able to get anything else in, I was ruder than I normally am.

You misinterpreted my post. I was giving advice to you on how I deal with people who I find to be beyond aggravating on the Brown Cafe.

You are not one of them :wink2:.

I feel your pain.

bbsam

Staff member
I completly agree with you.Its not fair.But who said life is fair.
We are going to put Fedex out of business.Its ugly but thats what business is.If you cant stand the heat,stay out of the kitchen.

I enjoy hurting Fedex and I hope Obama,the Teamsters and UPS continue hurting Fedex.It helps me sleep better at night.
anger management classes, mungrin? you really should veil your desire to grind the boot of oppression into the competition. should you care to grasp a master of your vengeful desires, i suggest "The Cask of Amontillado" "vengeance is a dish best served up cold."

Catatonic

Nine Lives
anger management classes, mungrin? you really should veil your desire to grind the boot of oppression into the competition. should you care to grasp a master of your vengeful desires, i suggest "The Cask of Amontillado" "vengeance is a dish best served up cold."

Nevermore

705red

Browncafe Steward
I think what a lot of posters are missing here is the fact that if the laws are changed it really shouldn't mean anything unless the employees at Fed Ex vote/decide to go union. Their wages are not going to change by this bill(or whatever)passing right? The Fed Ex express guy I talked to today(25years with them) had no idea what was going on.He told me there was no way they were going to unionize. So really a level playing field is if they unionize like us and they fight for more $$$. If not how do things change?

The employees of FedEx would benefit greatly from this bill passing even without joining a union. Fred will have to spend more money to make them happy to deter them from wanting to join a union.

Ups would benefit from this bill also, because Fred would have to spend some more money on employees, and either take away from HIS profits or raise his rates. Its a win win for everyone except Fred!

If we are "hobbled" by the union, how did we become the largest and most profitable delivery company on earth?

If we take your "logic" to its ultimate, ridiculous conclusion...we in the United States should just eliminate all child labor laws, enviormental laws, and safety laws so that we will have a "level" playing field and can use the same model as, say, China.

You are proposing a race to the bottom. I would prefer a race to the top.
Well said, some people are just to blinded to see the truth! You can lead a horse to water but you cant force them to drink!

Re-Raise

They always take Livin the Dream's? bait. He has always been great at stirring the pot. Some people never learn............

What does "stirring the pot" pay?

Considering how much complaining he does about his financial situation maybe he should use his time more wisely, and waste less of ours.

bluehdmc

Just found this ad posted on the local Craigslist in NJ. I think this if for ground. They have a hub or whatever they call it there. What's interesting is the guy can't spell Secaucus correctly
FEDEX Driver / Delivery Person Wanted! (Secacus, NJ)

Reply to: see below
Date: 2009-06-26, 4:14PM EDT

FEDEX FRANCHISE OWNER CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR DRIVER / DELIVERY PERSON! LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO IS RELIABLE AND DEPENDABLE! CURRENT STARTING SALARY STARTS AT $500.00 A WEEK. WITH CONSIDERABLE INCREASE DURING PEAK SEASON! SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY.
INTERVIEWS START SATURDAY (06/27) 10:30AM - 8:30PM.
APPLICANTS SHOULD HAVE A CLEAN BACKGROUND (THIS WILL BE CHECKED)
AND A LICENSE CLEAN FOR A MINIMUM OF 5 YEARS! YOU WILL BE ASKED TO PROVIDE A COPY OF YOUR DRIVERS ABSTRACT UPON INTERVIEW.
INTERESTED PARTIES PLEASE CALL (973) XXX-XXXX TO SET UP AN APPOINTMENT! CALL ANYTIME! IF NO ONE PICKS UP PLEASE (CLEARLY) LEAVE YOUR NAME, NUMBER, AND A BREIF MESSAGE. YOU WILL BE CALLED ASAP!

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Just found this ad posted on the local Craigslist in NJ. I think this if for ground. They have a hub or whatever they call it there. What's interesting is the guy can't spell Secaucus correctly
FEDEX Driver / Delivery Person Wanted! (Secacus, NJ)

Reply to: see below
Date: 2009-06-26, 4:14PM EDT

FEDEX FRANCHISE OWNER CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR DRIVER / DELIVERY PERSON! LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO IS RELIABLE AND DEPENDABLE! CURRENT STARTING SALARY STARTS AT $500.00 A WEEK. WITH CONSIDERABLE INCREASE DURING PEAK SEASON! SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY.
INTERVIEWS START SATURDAY (06/27) 10:30AM - 8:30PM.
APPLICANTS SHOULD HAVE A CLEAN BACKGROUND (THIS WILL BE CHECKED)
AND A LICENSE CLEAN FOR A MINIMUM OF 5 YEARS! YOU WILL BE ASKED TO PROVIDE A COPY OF YOUR DRIVERS ABSTRACT UPON INTERVIEW.
INTERESTED PARTIES PLEASE CALL (973) XXX-XXXX TO SET UP AN APPOINTMENT! CALL ANYTIME! IF NO ONE PICKS UP PLEASE (CLEARLY) LEAVE YOUR NAME, NUMBER, AND A BREIF MESSAGE. YOU WILL BE CALLED ASAP!

Ad for a Ground driver from an "IC". How's $500 for a 60-hour week sound?

Johney

$500 divided by 60 hours equals $8.33 an hour. I'm sure his phone is ringing off the hook.
In this economy and job market, I'd be surprised if his phone wasn't ringing off the hook. My wife's been out of work since Dec 08 and applies at numerous jobs that she is qualified for and has yet to even get a call.:whiteflag:

It's not much but it sure beats nothing.

SmithBarney

I have guys who stop me daily to find out if we "fedex" are hiring...
We are losing people left and right... from transfers and otherwise.