Feeder bid back to package car? HATE feeders

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Gee, isn't that why you have union meetings? To speak up if you're unhappy? And I'd sure be unhappy
about that policy. We would laugh at that policy in my local.
Yeah? Never would happen in YOUR local no way. Like how the collective bargaining unit voted down the last contract and it was passed anyway? That never happened in your local?

Thebrownblob

Yeah? Never would happen in YOUR local no way. Like how the collective bargaining unit voted down the last contract and it was passed anyway? That never happened in your local?
LOL no didn’t happen in the local, it was the international. The 2/3 rule was a legitimate provision in the international constitution, and now it’s gone.

Yeet

LOL no didn’t happen in the local, it was the international. The 2/3 rule was a legitimate provision in the international constitution, and now it’s gone.
My point is we didn’t want it and it was forced on us. Now it is law. Doesn’t matter if we like it or not, you have to follow it. Same thing with the classification seniority situation in my local.

Thebrownblob

My point is we didn’t want it and it was forced on us. Now it is law. Doesn’t matter if we like it or not, you have to follow it. Same thing with the classification seniority situation in my local.
Well actually it’s not law anymore people going to their locals and the meetings actually got it taken out. Every delegate that went understood The members wanted it gone. So it is, so be ready.

Last edited:

Cowboy Mac

I can see it both ways. You may have a 10 year package driver bid into feeders, and he can bump a feeder driver with 9.5 years. I can understand why a 9.5 year feeder driver would be upset if a feeder newby moved ahead of him without paying his dues, so to speak. I didn't mind starting over as long as everyone had the same rules to follow.
The bad part about that is to gain seniority you have to bid a run. If you don’t bid the first run you can get, you could get stuck on the backup list, while the junior driver who took the run jumps you in seniority.

Yeet

The bad part about that is to gain seniority you have to bid a run. If you don’t bid the first run you can get, you could get stuck on the backup list, while the junior driver who took the run jumps you in seniority.
Little different here. You can’t bid on new runs, that’s for drivers with seniority and your name won’t even be on the list to bid on them. You can win a 4th move bid but that’s only if no one else wanted it and if it gets that far you are going to be forced on it. You can bid in the annual bid in April but if you don’t pick, you will be forced. You have no option in staying on the extra board.

Cowboy Mac

What’s wrong with that
I have a FT seniority date of 01/01/2015.
A junior driver has a FT seniority date of 01/09/2015.
We both go through feeder training, me a week before him. We pass and we are on the backup list.

A sleeper run comes up for bid, I turn it down because I want to be home every night.
Junior driver accepts the sleeper run on 05/10/2022. That is his feeder seniority date.

A month later I bid a night run, home every night. My feeder seniority date is 06/10/2022.

When it comes time to bid again, he gets to pick first. Even though I have more FT seniority.

That’s where I have an issue because you either take the run you don’t want or let one or multiple junior drivers jump ahead of you.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Not allowing your seniority to count when you go from packages to feeder has to be the most absolute
stupidest policy I have ever heard. I can't imagine why anyone would even accept it.
It counts, you go to the bottom. You can bump the next guy that comes in. You won't be waltzing in 20 years later and bump a feeder driver that had to work nights the past 19 years while you stayed in package to be home nights with the kids.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
It counts, you go to the bottom. You can bump the next guy that comes in. You won't be waltzing in 20 years later and bump a feeder driver that had to work nights the past 19 years while you stayed in package to be home nights with the kids.

While you stayed package busting ass everyday in and out of a package car a couple hundred times
Let’s be real if you’ve been in pkg for any length of time you’ve paid your dues

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
While you stayed package busting ass everyday in and out of a package car a couple hundred times
Let’s be real if you’ve been in pkg for any length of time you’ve paid your dues
It ain't like working nights. Night shift takes years off ya'.