silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
When your on road and pull over to use the bathroom real quick do you code it?
What do you code it as? Do you use YOUR paid 2 ten minute breaks for this??

We females cannot simply pull over and water the tire.
We also have lady business every month that men don't have to deal with which obviously takes more time...

I thought I read somewhere anything under 6 minutes doesn't get coded?
Looking for opinions/advice
Nope. As long as it takes.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
You don’t need to go on delay to use the bathroom. You are human, go pee. If you’re going to go inside the truck stop and look around, then you need to be on meal.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
When your on road and pull over to use the bathroom real quick do you code it?
What do you code it as? Do you use YOUR paid 2 ten minute breaks for this??

We females cannot simply pull over and water the tire.
We also have lady business every month that men don't have to deal with which obviously takes more time...

I thought I read somewhere anything under 6 minutes doesn't get coded?
Looking for opinions/advice
If they call you in the office, just mention OSHA and the dept of labor. The idiots we work for obviously never visit a restroom and just let it go on their couch at home like the farm animals they are.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You don’t need to go on delay to use the bathroom. You are human, go pee. If you’re going to go inside the truck stop and look around, then you need to be on meal.
Should be stopping at some point to check your equipment anyways. Stop, bathroom, walk around equipment check, back on the road. 10-15 minutes exit ramp to entrance ramp.

That's just part of the job, if it isn't built into your on road time, it's not your problem.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Should be stopping at some point to check your equipment anyways. Stop, bathroom, walk around equipment check, back on the road. 10-15 minutes exit ramp to entrance ramp.

That's just part of the job, if it isn't built into your on road time, it's not your problem.
They give us plenty of time on these runs for unexpected delays. There’s usually at least a 2 hour cushion and you are correct about stopping for equipment checks. Just take a piss before you kick the tires again and you’re out.

ManInBrown

No code. I haven’t done a road job in a long time but when I did stop at a rest stop to grab a coffee or use the restroom no code. Anyone says anything, had to use the restroom. Unless the load you are pulling shows up late no chance anyone questions it.

Cowboy Mac

If I have to pull over to use the restroom, I always stop at an actual restroom facility. Some days I have to stop every hour and a half, others I can go 4 hours without stopping. Always before I leave the building and at every TA.

I never go on meal, unless I plan to spend money at that stop. You never want to spend money on the clock.

Usually TRY to keep it under 7 minutes, kick the tires, check the coupling, then back on the road. Doesn’t always happen.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
If I have to pull over to use the restroom, I always stop at an actual restroom facility. Some days I have to stop every hour and a half, others I can go 4 hours without stopping. Always before I leave the building and at every TA.

I never go on meal, unless I plan to spend money at that stop. You never want to spend money on the clock.

Usually TRY to keep it under 7 minutes, kick the tires, check the coupling, then back on the road. Doesn’t always happen.
How are you doing? Sad times in the lone star state.

Cowboy Mac

How are you doing? Sad times in the lone star state.
I’m doing okay. Trying to stay busy and keep my mind off of what happened. Every one I talk to that has kids is upset, it really hits home that it could happen to any of us.

It gets to the point that I almost can’t talk about it because I get so angry. And I have no connection to the town other than I drive through there sometimes on a run. So I can only imagine the pain that locals are going through.

A lot of support is coming from the community. H‑E‑B is helping to pay for funerals. Texans take care of Texans that’s for sure.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I’m doing okay. Trying to stay busy and keep my mind off of what happened. Every one I talk to that has kids is upset, it really hits home that it could happen to any of us.

It gets to the point that I almost can’t talk about it because I get so angry. And I have no connection to the town other than I drive through there sometimes on a run. So I can only imagine the pain that locals are going through.

A lot of support is coming from the community. H‑E‑B is helping to pay for funerals. Texans take care of Texans that’s for sure.
We’re all Texans right now.

RUDoneYet

@Cowboy Mac H-E-B???

Cowboy Mac

H‑E‑B is a grocery chain based out of San Antonio. They’re all over Texas. It stand for Henry Edward Butt, the original owner.
F4925F30-A972-45C9-B217-0C02D8B80888.jpeg

PCM Troll

Are you from the SANTX center?