Feeder drivers don’t deserve top pay.

Cowboy Mac

They don’t work as hard as package delivery and even make a little more than drivers.
You try working overnight 12 hours a day. Or try being an on call cover driver flipping days/nights and feeder/package. Where dispatch calls you for work while you’re asleep and wakes you up every time. Or be a sleeper driver and spend your week away from home sleeping in the back of a moving vehicle.

As much as we joke about feeder drivers being fat and lazy, feeders is a dangerous job where we put our lives on the line every day.

moldsporh

They don’t work as hard as package delivery and even make a little more than drivers.
A guy in my center has about 24 years in delivery and just went into feeders. Are you going to tell him he didn't work hard enough?

By your rationale, a flight attendant should make more than pilots.

With all due respect, I think you're an idiot.

raceanoncr

Yeah, I think this OP is right.

While driving, mostly, at night most of my 32 years, trying to get enough sleep in the daytime so I wouldn't fall asleep behind the wheel, sometimes driving thru such intense fog you couldn't see the end of the hood, trying to go up and down icy hills with 80,000 lb doubles, dodging drunk drivers, hooking or unhooking doubles, singles when it's -20, all the hoses, lines, chains frozen solid, worried you checked your pins/safety pins, so you wouldn't drop a trailer on road or even in the yard, driving to a hub so croweded you couldn't drive a cycle thru the yard, let alone a 45/48/53 foot trailer, fueling 80 or more gallons while it's -20......

Yeah, I thot about this all these times, I AM overpaid. Wish I was in P/C where I didn't have to put up with all this.

While driving, mostly, at night most of my 32 years, trying to get enough sleep in the daytime so I wouldn't fall asleep behind the wheel, sometimes driving thru such intense fog you couldn't see the end of the hood, trying to go up and down icy hills with 80,000 lb doubles, dodging drunk drivers, hooking or unhooking doubles, singles when it's -20, all the hoses, lines, chains frozen solid, worried you checked your pins/safety pins, so you wouldn't drop a trailer on road or even in the yard, driving to a hub so croweded you couldn't drive a cycle thru the yard, let alone a 45/48/53 foot trailer, fueling 80 or more gallons while it's -20......

Yeah, I thot about this all these times, I AM overpaid. Wish I was in P/C where I didn't have to put up with all this.
Maybe the physical work is a lot less impacted but you have a really big responsibility driving those feeders

Zowert

You try working overnight 12 hours a day. Or try being an on call cover driver flipping days/nights and feeder/package. Where dispatch calls you for work while you’re asleep and wakes you up every time. Or be a sleeper driver and spend your week away from home sleeping in the back of a moving vehicle.

As much as we joke about feeder drivers being fat and lazy, feeders is a dangerous job where we put our lives on the line every day.
Not saying feeders is easy, I couldn’t do it. However, you don’t see feeders getting highjacked then shot sixty times by the cops. When you’re out in the city, double parking and impeding traffic it comes with consequences. Getting run over or stabbed by some bum is always in the back of my mind.

Cowboy Mac

Not saying feeders is easy, I couldn’t do it. However, you don’t see feeders getting highjacked then shot sixty times by the cops. When you’re out in the city, double parking and impeding traffic it comes with consequences. Getting run over or stabbed by some bum is always in the back of my mind.

Trucking in general is dangerous. We get road rage as well as other criminal acts against us.

Cowboy Mac

What happened to Frank never should have happened. Then there was the guy in Cali that got hit by a plane. We lost a feeder driver July 4th morning. He was 2 miles from the building almost done for the day. You never know which day will be your last. That’s package or feeder.

Maybe the physical work is a lot less impacted but you have a really big responsibility driving those feeders
Building a set ain’t no joke either. Lifting that dolly. And if you don’t follow the methods the set could roll away and flatten you like a pancake. It’s happened before.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Gotta love the meth zombies walking on the interstate between exits right on the fog line…in dark clothing. You don’t see them until you’re right on them and can’t get over fast enough…not fun.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Gotta love the meth zombies walking on the interstate between exits right on the fog line…in dark clothing. You don’t see them until you’re right on them and can’t get over fast enough…not fun.
I saw one walking on the 303 2 nights ago. I could barely see the idiot, wearing dark camo like clothes. Death wish