Feeder in-cab camera training....

rickyb

See if you were an American you'd understand it's none of your business who I voted for. You'd also know that the presidential election is the least important election of all the elections I participate in.

Though I'll play along just to humor you.
2012 - Obama
2016 - Johnson
2020 - Biden
As an american or non american it is my business who u voted 4 bc we need to stop getting fooled again

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Starbucks needs to accept their new union future

I’m all for their unionization but I admit it does crack me up a little bit.

“You’re asking me to make too many lattes per hour! The contract doesn’t recognize your latte standards! I want my shop steward!”

542thruNthru

“You’re asking me to make too many lattes per hour! The contract doesn’t recognize your latte standards! I want my shop steward!”
That's funny but every work place has its own type of harrasment.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
See if you were an American you'd understand it's none of your business who I voted for. You'd also know that the presidential election is the least important election of all the elections I participate in.

2012 - Obama
2016 - Johnson
2020 - Biden
Me too!!!

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I heard that Swift had installed inward facing cameras in their trucks years ago but promptly removed them for exactly this reason.

We have outward facing cameras in most of our tractors at my hub. That’s enough.
yes. too many drivers were seen nodding off...

outward cameras may help the driver and company.
I watch a lot of truck videos on YT and FB

rickyb

Brave new service economy

rentadawg

I sure hope all these cameras( including the brown trucks) are in plain view. They’ll be seeing countless dick pics. Our trusty empty water bottles have even more value now

quad decade guy

Drivers will still be sitting on loads at the building for 2 hours… these “cameras” aren’t going to change that. Let them put these things in and we’ll check back with you in a year to see if you have received any “coaching”, warning letters or terminations based off of these devices… I’m going to make a bet that the answer to all these would be a no.
So, only sitting, waiting for loads is not the only way these cameras will be used. Being told(working as directed) to wait for a load is NORMAL. You were told to do it.

We have folks fired quite regularly based on the IVIS. And you think......the same won't happen with these devices? Naive and obtuse can only describe such notions.

The training video(did you see it?) states quite clearly......at the very beginning......this is a tool to make you successful following your schedule. What else could that mean? Safety was somewhere after that....

Johney

Before you know it they'll have you loading trailers instead of sitting in the cab doing nothing waiting on your load. Every hub I pulled loads from was always understaffed. Imagine the money they'd save. I'll send an email to corporate and give them my idea.

over9five

Staff member
Before you know it they'll have you loading trailers instead of sitting in the cab doing nothing waiting on your load. Every hub I pulled loads from was always understaffed. Imagine the money they'd save. I'll send an email to corporate and give them my idea.
Imagine all us old guys getting hurt loading packages..... and being unable to pull the load!

Non sequitur

So, only sitting, waiting for loads is not the only way these cameras will be used. Being told(working as directed) to wait for a load is NORMAL. You were told to do it.

We have folks fired quite regularly based on the IVIS. And you think......the same won't happen with these devices? Naive and obtuse can only describe such notions.

The training video(did you see it?) states quite clearly......at the very beginning......this is a tool to make you successful following your schedule. What else could that mean? Safety was somewhere after that....
Whoever came up with system should be the first on film period. We are all employees, with divisions of labor. Now if the new standard is "at will" employment, then there will have to be incentives. Not just you get to keep your job as we abuse the endless safety verbage.

What'dyabringmetoday???

2012 - Obama
2016 - Johnson
2020 - Biden
You are definitely a strong man admitting you voted for Biden.