Female, 20 with child. Will teamster healthcare cover my child and me?

DeadOnArrival

Belt Wide
Clearly I'm not a female, I'm not 20 either, hell - I don't even have a child.

But if I were all the above, and I got a job at UPS, made it through 6 mos, or a year or however long it is to gain healthcare (teamcare)
1.) is my child eligible for coverage, the same coverage that I would have?

2.) would having my child on teamcare cost an additional fee
I'm asking this question for a friend, who's my lab partner at school. She has a kid, inbetween jobs and I think she'd like UPS, if Teamcare would cover her and her child. Otherwise, it's a bust!!

Thanks,
DOA

WTFm8

Yes. But your female friend should work at Amazon. Its easier and you don't have to wait 6 months for benefits

This. If she’s willing to work weekend shift, Amazon pays $18.50/hr to start.

PT Pay $60/mo for health/dental/eye insurance, FT pay $30/mo. (More hours worked, more labor ‘contributed’ towards payment to offset cost).

Paid and unpaid time off starts accumulating day 1... plus, slow times of the year, many people take ‘voluntary time off’ and there’s no forced layoff by seniority like UPS has.

DeadOnArrival

Belt Wide
LAD's settle down, you're throwing suggestions of AMAZON, that's an extra 30 minutes of commute.

I know amazon pays better hourly.
Our Union sucks (they do, they have no balls to stand up to a popular vote afterall, both in the supplement and national contract) ((Yes I went there!!))

The hub is closer to her, rather than the amazon location, so this is better for dropping her kid off at day care, it's a time saver...

Please address the Teamcare Question I have.

I know I don't have a vagina, but for the sake of her, pretend I do. And have the momentum to answer this bloody question.

-DOA

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

But if I were all the above, and I got a job at UPS, made it through 6 mos, or a year or however long it is to gain healthcare (teamcare)

I'm asking this question for a friend, who's my lab partner at school. She has a kid, inbetween jobs and I think she'd like UPS, if Teamcare would cover her and her child. Otherwise, it's a bust!!

Thanks,
DOA
Using today's far left logic, you may identify as a minor, female, or maybe both, therefore we must accept you as what you say you are.

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude

Thanks,
DOA
After ur 9 months working you get the insurance. Trust its * worth it mama. And you can put your kid on it too. Theyll send you a form to ask if you want and dependants on it or whatever.

My insurance through our teamsters local is top notch. Better than anything anywhere else. My friends working corporate america, engeneering, gov jobs, medical field...my insurance is waaaaay better than theirs.

Last edited by a moderator:

BiggieBrown

the 9 months is still theoretical
She will have to wait a full year until a handful of people in Detroit decide to allow us the benefits of the new contract.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Thanks,
DOA

Yes your child would be eligible and no there is no extra fee to cover your child

Poop Head

Judge me.
LAD's settle down, you're throwing suggestions of AMAZON, that's an extra 30 minutes of commute.

I know amazon pays better hourly.
Our Union sucks (they do, they have no balls to stand up to a popular vote afterall, both in the supplement and national contract) ((Yes I went there!!))

The hub is closer to her, rather than the amazon location, so this is better for dropping her kid off at day care, it's a time saver...

Please address the Teamcare Question I have.

I know I don't have a vagina, but for the sake of her, pretend I do. And have the momentum to answer this bloody question.

-DOA
Just marry her. They'll be covered under your benefits.
What could go wrong?

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Not to flame here, but is there any good reason why the father of the child isn't working and providing for his kid?

Or am I just old fashioned for believing thats the way its supposed to be?