Few questions, just got hired as package handler. On topic pls

bjjrican

If your 5PM-10 your on Outbound. That is probably the easiest shift. There is a 90 day prob period. Basically you get your first 2 raises in that time span. Basically the more days you take off or call in. The less your PTO check is going to be when you decide to separate or get fired. Getting fired is pretty hard to do. As long as you have a heartbeat and can keep up the pace your golden. I was a package handler for a year and then moved up to driving.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Ok is there anything written on the boxes that let u know it’s very heavy??

They’ll be covered in fluorescent day-glo orange stickers that say ‘WARNING: Scrotum Buster - Do NOT Lift Under Any Circumstance’.

You’re waaay too wound up about this. You sound like a recruit that’s freaked out about his first day at boot camp. Relax - They’re not going to expect great things from you - and your paycheck will reflect that.

Yan Zach

If your 5PM-10 your on Outbound. That is probably the easiest shift. There is a 90 day prob period. Basically you get your first 2 raises in that time span. Basically the more days you take off or call in. The less your PTO check is going to be when you decide to separate or get fired. Getting fired is pretty hard to do. As long as you have a heartbeat and can keep up the pace your golden. I was a package handler for a year and then moved up to driving.
You’re right I am outbound What does outbound do though? They didn’t explain it at orientation

McFeely

Huge Member
Outbound is packages leaving the station/hub/ramp. So, loading the linehaul trucks that are on their way to other stations.

Star B

White Lightening
okay, you're not getting it.

this is what your doing
1) you're picking up a box
2) stacking it as tight as you can
3) goto 1

do it safe, then quick!

Express Courier

Bro. Just show up and do this and you'll be fine. You'll blend in perfectly.

gCk6b3F.gif

Yan Zach

I’m confused on what is considered IC and can’t got up the belt. All I know is packages that are hazardous and packages that are big anything else? I’ve asked coworkers it’s still confuses me seems random how they just put a package to the side.

bacha29

I’m confused on what is considered IC and can’t got up the belt. All I know is packages that are hazardous and packages that are big anything else? I’ve asked coworkers it’s still confuses me seems random how they just put a package to the side.
If you're talking about incompatibles probably 90% of them are the items you mentioned. We've told you just about everything there is to tell you. Getting into the flow of operations knowing what to look for and how to handle it .....we can't help you with that.

Yan Zach

If you're talking about incompatibles probably 90% of them are the items you mentioned. We've told you just about everything there is to tell you. Getting into the flow of operations knowing what to look for and how to handle it .....we can't help you with that.
Ok thanks did you get paid your first week or does it take two weeks?

bacha29

You will be paid next Friday for the work that you did this week.
I was a route contractor. Now look. We've done all we can to try to help. From this point forward you'll simply have to adapt to your workplace environment and comes to terms with the fact that you are about to embark upon a whole life experience......It's called work and who knows, you might come to like the stuff.

vantexan

I was a route contractor. Now look. We've done all we can to try to help. From this point forward you'll simply have to adapt to your workplace environment and comes to terms with the fact that you are about to embark upon a whole life experience......It's called work and who knows, you might come to like the stuff.
Fly little bird, fly! :hangin:

Yan Zach

When you’re seasonal they make you sign a seasonal clause at orientation right? I’m not trying to work my ass of to get let go January...

The Youngin' Of It All

When you’re seasonal they make you sign a seasonal clause at orientation right? I’m not trying to work my ass of to get let go January...
Trust me when I say this that they'll keep anyone who moves and has a pulse, so long as it gets the packages from Point A to Point B. You're not going anywhere unless you make that ultimatum in the end. Not much more to say on this subject.

Yan Zach

No, sometimes
Oh that must just be ups, I signed one with them when I was seasonal a few years ago. I feel like the FedEx I’m at might be holding back from telling ppl they’re seasonal to get them to work harder. Could be wrong though.. Was hired mid October.

It will be fine

Oh that must just be ups, I signed one with them when I was seasonal a few years ago. I feel like the FedEx I’m at might be holding back from telling ppl they’re seasonal to get them to work harder. Could be wrong though.. Was hired mid October.
They don't bother telling people they're seasonal. Enough people will quit before they put in 3 months for it to be moot.

vantexan

Did you get an offer letter? Did it state you were permanent part-time? If not and you're wanting permanent status then just show up on time and do the work. Keep your head down, be pleasant, don't question every little thing. It's a job, not a career.