Final Post - I Quit

Oh he's outa here July of next year!
His brief disappearing actz then comes back like nothing ever happened

Isn't flying

Screenshot_20170108-102440.png

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
Well, I only lasted just shy of two years....

I've not driven since Christmas Eve, except for Saturday air. 3-4 hours a night doing local sort, making nothing. Hearing "just hang in there, you'll be making the big bucks soon" for a year. Between that and "the benefits, though, are great" I am SO tired of hearing.

The carrot & stick routine has become worn out. The dream is dead.

Wife & I spoke about this, and I realized that, if offered a full time driving position tomorrow w/UPS, taking me off the pre-load, I would not take it. Without exception, the drivers in our center are miserable. There is no management, just order takers from above.

I purchased a 34,000lb 24ft Box Truck (Freightliner) a month ago, and put a small add in the paper for local deliveries.

I have worked a full day, every day, ever since. And don't need a diad or the ritual BS. And have money to pay bills. And I'm happy.

I've seen posts where people bitch & moan before, where they quit, and the response usually is "well, some people can't hack it". Hack what? I was being paid peanuts to unload boxes for 3-4 hours a night, and to be on call the rest of the time for free. What crap. I've heard that some people can "hack" water-boarding torture, too, but why would you want to?

Feels good to be getting back to the real world.

Thanks to you all for your past help. I'll pray for you all.

Michael
Great Thank You Peace Out

StoptheAct1212

Aaahhhh man. U put in 2 years..... fuuuuuck outta here....... good luck.... shout out to my people that stuck in there without crying.... im on 19 years now.... never complain