Finding a Wife in the Philippines

Turdferguson

Just a turd
For generations now men from all over the world have gone to the Philippines in search of love and marriage. Why? Filipinas are known to not care about a man's age but place a priority on whether he can take care of her and their children. And culturally they are raised to believe it's their duty to take good care of their husband.

Not that there aren't ever any problems. The Philippines has a 70% poverty rate. Hundreds of thousands of women work as sex workers to survive and many men have had marriages go bust because they fell in love with such a lady. But most men who've found wives in the Philippines have in many surveys reported being very happy with their marriage.

So are men going to a bride store? Quite a few have met women online at dating websites. A lot of those ladies are legitimate but quite a few are playing many men for sympathy and money. Some are even men scamming unsuspecting Westerners. Other men go to the Philippines and rent a place and eventually meet through every day interactions at malls, etc someone who shows interest in them. Read years ago a post from an American who said he never knew what it was like to be a rock star until he walked through a mall in the Philippines. Women kept coming up to him and giving him their phone numbers. Even guys were coming up and saying they had a sister or a niece they'd like him to meet. It's not hard meeting people in the Philippines!

We are very quick to run down other countries and it's true that life in developing nations has it drawbacks. So why would those men choose to live there? One poster on a Yahoo group said when he traveled back to Houston his family just ignored him for the most part. People in general were very distant. But when he walked through his neighborhood in the Philippines people greeted him everywhere, called him Tio(uncle)Henry. I experienced that myself in several places. It's not hard to see the attraction of after a life of hard work a fellow can live comfortably in a place where he is shown love and respect rather than being a lonely, impoverished guy in the States.

I already know the response of many here. And I've already seen the twisting of the law of the Philippines to make it seem like all men looking for a wife there are just pervs looking to exploit women for money. It truly says much more about the person who twists the law, leaving off the part about exploitation to cast all marriage seekers in the same light, than it does about older, lonely men looking for love in their last years. And of course there are those who'll say too bad, stay in the States and live in misery, it's all you deserve loser. Which is incentive enough to leave. Life is too short to deal with such people if you don't have to.

Had a feeder driver from here who went that route for a wife..........
He beat her to death with a shovel and left her in the backyard in the bushes while he went on a feeder run

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I don’t understand why y’all have a problem with this. As long as the woman is of age and consenting, it’s no different than woman all over the world, including the US, who marry for money and security. It’s been going on for thousands of years. It’s a win-win for both of them. I saw the exact same thing in Ethiopia...old white men with beautiful, young Ethiopian women.

I think you object because it was @vantexan who posted it.

bacha29

I don’t understand why y’all have a problem with this. As long as the woman is of age and consenting, it’s no different than woman all over the world, including the US, who marry for money and security. It’s been going on for thousands of years. It’s a win-win for both of them. I saw the exact same thing in Ethiopia...old white men with beautiful, young Ethiopian women.

The difference today is simple. Today's modern American woman has education, civil rights, money and power. if you marry an American you better get used to the fact that she's a person you know not a possession you own. If you as a man are so insecure that you simply cannot relate to a woman unless she's someone you can boss around and tell her what to do, where to sit how to act and speak only when spoken to you most definitely have to look outside the US because American women are just not going to take it off you.

bbsam

Staff member

And girls age 13 used to be prime marriage material.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
The difference today is simple. Today's modern American woman has education, civil rights, money and power. if you marry an American you better get used to the fact that she's a person you know not a possession you own. If you as a man are so insecure that you simply cannot relate to a woman unless she's someone you can boss around and tell her what to do, where to sit how to act and speak only when spoken to you most definitely have to look outside the US because American women are just not going to take it off you.
They will if a man has enough money. Look at all the women who hang around professional athletes. All they want is the money. No different than younger women who marry rich older men.

vantexan

And of course the American track record with divorce has risen from this. 75% of first marriages, 50% of all marriages end in divorce. My grandparents were married 65 years before he died. He did the heavy work as a water well driller that brought in the income, she took care of the books, the house, and the kids. They had a loving, mutually respectful marriage. He usually had the last word on decisions, but they were almost always what she wanted. The older generations may have been wrong in some things, but we can't point to marriage today for the most part as an improvement on what they did.

vantexan

Preying upon third world girls is a conservative ideal? Sick bastards.
You liberals never comment on powerful, rich older liberal men like Bill Clinton sleeping with younger women. But how dare a poor guy in his 60's dare marry a willing woman in her 20's!!! Why she's better off staying impoverished than doing that! Ewwwww!!! He's happy, she's happy, all that matters.

oldngray

nowhere special
You liberals never comment on powerful, rich older liberal men like Bill Clinton sleeping with younger women. But how dare a poor guy in his 60's dare marry a willing woman in her 20's!!! Why she's better off staying impoverished than doing that! Ewwwww!!! He's happy, she's happy, all that matters.
Those women see marrying an American as a ticket out of there. Nobody is forcing them to do it. As long as everything is done legally who else should care?

vantexan

Those women see marrying an American as a ticket out of there. Nobody is forcing them to do it. As long as everything is done legally who else should care?
And many are happy to marry an American and stay in the Philippines near their family. It's a cultural norm for daughters to assist their parents in their old age. An American husband who gives $50-$100 a month to the parents to help out is highly valued.

bacha29

And many are happy to marry an American and stay in the Philippines near their family. It's a cultural norm for daughters to assist their parents in their old age. An American husband who gives $50-$100 a month to the parents to help out is highly valued.
And they are taught above all else not to buck the system. A life of servitude to men is fine as long as they don't know any better and the mechanisms remain in place to make certain that they never do .

moreluck

golden ticket member
The man (?) will be responsible for supporting the new wife, any married kids, the parents, her cousins, her aunts & uncles.….housing them too and feeding them.....could be a really costly thing. Don't say I didn't warn you!