Finding a Wife in the Philippines

Box Ox

fyi ralph nader calls america a highly developed third world country. i havent heard enough other opinions to agree or disagree with that, but i do know america is missing out on alot of rights other countries enjoy and has really alarming stats.

I like living in this “highly developed third world country” because my freedom of speech is absolute.

In Canada:

“Freedom of expression in Canada is protected as a "fundamental freedom" by Section 2 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, but the charter permits the government to enforce "reasonable" limits. Hate speech, obscenity, and defamation are common categories of restricted speech in Canada.”

Freedom of speech in Canada - Wikipedia

Your government can actually imprison its citizens merely for what they say. And that’s a big “no thanks” for me.

I’d probably enjoy living in Canada. Some of my ancestors came down from it. But you really need to think about some of the things that are going on in your own country as you point your finger and howl about the “rights” of citizens in the US.

vantexan

You make a false claim then demand I prove your fiction?

You know who likes to repeat the fake statistic that half of marriages end in divorce? People who suck at relationships, because it makes them feel better about themselves.
Carry on.
Actually I Googled it and the divorce rate among millenials is dropping. My stats were from some time ago. But then millenials are marrying later or not at all, at least many of them.

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
I've got a nephew who married a Philipino gal when he was in the Navy. They've been married probably 20 years and are happy as clams living in Hawaii. She is actually 5 years older than him.

BrownArmy

I've got a nephew who married a Philipino gal when he was in the Navy. They've been married probably 20 years and are happy as clams living in Hawaii. She is actually 5 years older than him.

Lulz, if you live in Hawaii and you’re unhappy, you need meds and therapy.

vantexan

A rational person would understand that a 13 year old is not capable of consent.
You are framing everything through the prism of your worldview. There was a time when girls got married as young as that, and the laws are on the books allowing it. Still happens, but not at the rate of the 50's and before.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
fyi ralph nader calls america a highly developed third world country. i havent heard enough other opinions to agree or disagree with that, but i do know america is missing out on alot of rights other countries enjoy and has really alarming stats.

you can probably get a hotter wife there since she likely wants to leave there for america. but thats no reason alone for her to marry you, so watch out for that.

my east EU coworker says they have a higher standard of living than here since when communism ended, they all inherited their houses. so theres very low cost of living plus the welfare the govt gives them disincentivizes them from having to be exploited by a capitalist.
And yet they’re not in their home countries. Actions speak louder than words. They can tell you what you want to hear all day long but the reality is probably much different, or why wouldn’t they be THERE?

bbsam

Staff member
You are framing everything through the prism of your worldview. There was a time when girls got married as young as that, and the laws are on the books allowing it. Still happens, but not at the rate of the 50's and before.
If you and I met in a dirty book store, would I find you in the “Barely Legal” section?

El Correcto

god is dead
upload_2019-6-25_13-23-35.png

rickyb

I like living in this “highly developed third world country” because my freedom of speech is absolute.

In Canada:

“Freedom of expression in Canada is protected as a "fundamental freedom" by Section 2 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, but the charter permits the government to enforce "reasonable" limits. Hate speech, obscenity, and defamation are common categories of restricted speech in Canada.”

Freedom of speech in Canada - Wikipedia

Your government can actually imprison its citizens merely for what they say. And that’s a big “no thanks” for me.

I’d probably enjoy living in Canada. Some of my ancestors came down from it. But you really need to think about some of the things that are going on in your own country as you point your finger and howl about the “rights” of citizens in the US.
yea exactly canada doesnt have public transit like europe, we dont have a month vacation like europe, free tuition like many european countries.

but we do have healthcare, a right to 2-3 weeks vacation, and i believe maternity leave which america doesnt have. we also dont have mass shootings like yall.

i cant speak for the speech thing, i dont say anything different up here than i would in america, and my guess in america is you are under deeper scrunity by DHS and hte surveillance state than we are, despite whatever formal laws you have on the books.

when i was on vacation the forgieners trashed your border patrol, and they were the ones who illegally terrorized me for my free speech ie fashion.

Last edited:

rickyb

And yet they’re not in their home countries. Actions speak louder than words. They can tell you what you want to hear all day long but the reality is probably much different, or why wouldn’t they be THERE?
yea thats what my dad says all the time. i call it getting perspective, making mistakes. im still in canada because i cant figure out how to escape / i havent done enough school to qualify me to escape. the forgien diving instructors in thailand will quickly tell you that europe is better than thailand, and yet they are there for the diving.

its not a bad idea to ask people who have lived in 2 different countries which one has the higher standard of living. french guy down the block says france has a better standard than here. friend who lived in sweden says sweden over here. and they laugh at america, not that theyve actually lived there. ill ask my friend in frisco which is better, there or here.

its not fool proof though because they may not make use of certain resources.

vantexan

Thank you to all who have participated. The liberals, you know who you are, yes the same ones telling conservatives, Christians, etc, to keep their beliefs to themselves, don't tell us how to live, have just proven they want to control everyone and tell them how to live. Not enough that it's between consenting adults, people must obey those who want to insinuate themselves into all facets of our lives. Mind you that's different from a Christian worried about your soul telling you something is sinful. Liberals want to control everything. 1984.

El Correcto

god is dead
It's always amusing to see liberals, who think they are so worldly, so accepting of diversity, get a knee jerk over cultures they can't understand. Older Filipinos have married young Filipinas long before Westerners showed up. In your world it's all about the hottest young bodies pairing off. In the Philippines age is respected and revered. You probably think some poor girl is absolutely miserable because she has to marry and have sex with some old guy. Truth is women there actively seek to marry Westerners, act like they have hit the lottery if they do, and are very quick to fight off any perceived encroachment on their man by other Filipinas. You think you are right on everything and they must conform to your views. But truth is in the Philippines it's a totally different paradigm. One that many men find refreshing after dealing with radical feminism for decades.
Yeah that’s because they are living in poverty with little to no chance of raising themself out of it. You have no empathy for people if you don’t recognize what you’re doing by taking advantage of their desperation to fulfill your sexual needs.

rickyb

Thank you to all who have participated. The liberals, you know who you are, yes the same ones telling conservatives, Christians, etc, to keep their beliefs to themselves, don't tell us how to live, have just proven they want to control everyone and tell them how to live. Not enough that it's between consenting adults, people must obey those who want to insinuate themselves into all facets of our lives. Mind you that's different from a Christian worried about your soul telling you something is sinful. Liberals want to control everything. 1984.
hey sherlock when you show up to UPS or FEDEX or wherever the :censored2: you work, you are being CONTROLLED lol