Finding a Wife in the Philippines

vantexan

For generations now men from all over the world have gone to the Philippines in search of love and marriage. Why? Filipinas are known to not care about a man's age but place a priority on whether he can take care of her and their children. And culturally they are raised to believe it's their duty to take good care of their husband.

Not that there aren't ever any problems. The Philippines has a 70% poverty rate. Hundreds of thousands of women work as sex workers to survive and many men have had marriages go bust because they fell in love with such a lady. But most men who've found wives in the Philippines have in many surveys reported being very happy with their marriage.

So are men going to a bride store? Quite a few have met women online at dating websites. A lot of those ladies are legitimate but quite a few are playing many men for sympathy and money. Some are even men scamming unsuspecting Westerners. Other men go to the Philippines and rent a place and eventually meet through every day interactions at malls, etc someone who shows interest in them. Read years ago a post from an American who said he never knew what it was like to be a rock star until he walked through a mall in the Philippines. Women kept coming up to him and giving him their phone numbers. Even guys were coming up and saying they had a sister or a niece they'd like him to meet. It's not hard meeting people in the Philippines!

We are very quick to run down other countries and it's true that life in developing nations has it drawbacks. So why would those men choose to live there? One poster on a Yahoo group said when he traveled back to Houston his family just ignored him for the most part. People in general were very distant. But when he walked through his neighborhood in the Philippines people greeted him everywhere, called him Tio(uncle)Henry. I experienced that myself in several places. It's not hard to see the attraction of after a life of hard work a fellow can live comfortably in a place where he is shown love and respect rather than being a lonely, impoverished guy in the States.

I already know the response of many here. And I've already seen the twisting of the law of the Philippines to make it seem like all men looking for a wife there are just pervs looking to exploit women for money. It truly says much more about the person who twists the law, leaving off the part about exploitation to cast all marriage seekers in the same light, than it does about older, lonely men looking for love in their last years. And of course there are those who'll say too bad, stay in the States and live in misery, it's all you deserve loser. Which is incentive enough to leave. Life is too short to deal with such people if you don't have to.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Philipinos are known for many family members living in one house...….a new room is added on to accommodate newly marrieds, old people, or other family troubles.
Bright colors are a feature too.
Oahu is full of these....

My grandson's sperm donor (daddy) is Phillipino.

CoffeeStainedUniform

...Read years ago a post from an American who said he never knew what it was like to be a rock star until he walked through a mall in the Philippines...
It's a trip, for sure. The whiter you were, the 'higher class'. I didn't like that part much, it made me feel like I was under a microscope all the time.

vantexan

It's a trip, for sure. The whiter you were, the 'higher class'. I didn't like that part much, it made me feel like I was under a microscope all the time.
The Phil's were controlled by the Spanish for 300 years before the Americans took over. And the Chinese minority has controlled commerce there for even longer. All lighter skinned. It's why "whitening" creams are popular there, they associate light complexions with wealth. A white American lady told me she thought that was really sad. She didn't know what to say when I pointed out Westerners get tans because we think it looks better. The grass is always greener...

bbsam

Staff member
upload_2019-6-25_7-22-18.gif

Yeah

It will be fine

For generations now men from all over the world have gone to the Philippines in search of love and marriage. Why? Filipinas are known to not care about a man's age but place a priority on whether he can take care of her and their children. And culturally they are raised to believe it's their duty to take good care of their husband.

Not that there aren't ever any problems. The Philippines has a 70% poverty rate. Hundreds of thousands of women work as sex workers to survive and many men have had marriages go bust because they fell in love with such a lady. But most men who've found wives in the Philippines have in many surveys reported being very happy with their marriage.

So are men going to a bride store? Quite a few have met women online at dating websites. A lot of those ladies are legitimate but quite a few are playing many men for sympathy and money. Some are even men scamming unsuspecting Westerners. Other men go to the Philippines and rent a place and eventually meet through every day interactions at malls, etc someone who shows interest in them. Read years ago a post from an American who said he never knew what it was like to be a rock star until he walked through a mall in the Philippines. Women kept coming up to him and giving him their phone numbers. Even guys were coming up and saying they had a sister or a niece they'd like him to meet. It's not hard meeting people in the Philippines!

We are very quick to run down other countries and it's true that life in developing nations has it drawbacks. So why would those men choose to live there? One poster on a Yahoo group said when he traveled back to Houston his family just ignored him for the most part. People in general were very distant. But when he walked through his neighborhood in the Philippines people greeted him everywhere, called him Tio(uncle)Henry. I experienced that myself in several places. It's not hard to see the attraction of after a life of hard work a fellow can live comfortably in a place where he is shown love and respect rather than being a lonely, impoverished guy in the States.

I already know the response of many here. And I've already seen the twisting of the law of the Philippines to make it seem like all men looking for a wife there are just pervs looking to exploit women for money. It truly says much more about the person who twists the law, leaving off the part about exploitation to cast all marriage seekers in the same light, than it does about older, lonely men looking for love in their last years. And of course there are those who'll say too bad, stay in the States and live in misery, it's all you deserve loser. Which is incentive enough to leave. Life is too short to deal with such people if you don't have to.
TLDR, sexual predators will go to great lengths to justify taking advantage of powerless young girls. So friend-ing creepy.

vantexan

Philipinos are known for many family members living in one house...….a new room is added on to accommodate newly marrieds, old people, or other family troubles.
Bright colors are a feature too.
Oahu is full of these....

My grandson's sperm donor (daddy) is Phillipino.
That's a real negative about the Philippines to me. Over 100,000,000 living in a total land area slightly larger than Arizona. You're never far from crowds there.

vantexan

TLDR, sexual predators will go to great lengths to justify taking advantage of powerless young girls. So friend-ing creepy.
It's always amusing to see liberals, who think they are so worldly, so accepting of diversity, get a knee jerk over cultures they can't understand. Older Filipinos have married young Filipinas long before Westerners showed up. In your world it's all about the hottest young bodies pairing off. In the Philippines age is respected and revered. You probably think some poor girl is absolutely miserable because she has to marry and have sex with some old guy. Truth is women there actively seek to marry Westerners, act like they have hit the lottery if they do, and are very quick to fight off any perceived encroachment on their man by other Filipinas. You think you are right on everything and they must conform to your views. But truth is in the Philippines it's a totally different paradigm. One that many men find refreshing after dealing with radical feminism for decades.

moreluck

golden ticket member
That's a real negative about the Philippines to me. Over 100,000,000 living in a total land area slightly larger than Arizona. You're never far from crowds there.
Just the truth...… Get a wife from there you deserve to know what comes with.....ask me about Samoans.

bacha29

Tell me something. Are they priced according to how tall they are or by how much they weigh? And what do you about the freight charges? Do you put them in a shipping container and boat them over or just stick them up in the carry on luggage rack and fly them over ? Seriously no self respecting man would stoop to going that far just to acquire a higher measure of acceptance and social interaction with their peers by always being seen in the company of a woman.
Once upon a time it was a couples world. if you didn't have a female significant other you were automatically cast out and labeled as gay, a pedofile or sexual pariah. A man's character today is judged much more on the basis of his productive contribution and it well should be and is long overdue in coming.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I lived in a small south east asian country in the 70's and will agree with van on a lot of this. first of all the cost of living is such that you could take your american dollars and live like a king. the food is fabulous and it's true that you will be treated well. it is their custom to treat you like family ( my experience was that they do take to time to get to know you first )

we were the only white people in the town and it took awhile for people to get used to us. back in the early 70's the women still wore no tops and wore sarongs around their waist. many of the women were beautiful. the beaches were still unspoiled . no one made a great deal of money so money was not the focus ( average annual income was about $100-200) . the focus was on family and social interaction with everyone in your neighborhood.

one funny thing was we were the only one in the neighborhood that had a TV. most of the shows were news , some sports , and some soap operas but there was one channel that showed american and british shows and we would watch "all in the family" . people all over the neighborhood would come over and watch. they did NOT ask if they could watch. they just showed up and watched as if it was a "given" . it was a custom to share . it was really funny because they did not know english and there were no subtitles. they would laugh when we laughed. it is a fond memory.

many white men ( american , british , austrailian ) men took wives there after the war . the women are subserviant (sp) and are like women were like here 100 years ago. the man will be treated like a king if he can take care of the whole family , parents and grandparents included which is easy on american dollars.

I liked it over there and did not want to come back to the states after our time was up ( we were in Peace Corps )

I understand why a lot of american men like these asian women for brides. american women are difficult . when we were over in asia the divorce rate was practically zero , unheard of. people would marry for life.