Fines on Ground

zeev

Talked to Grnd driver who told me contractors are fined by the X for bad practices is this true?

It will be fine

What are the practices?
We get incentives for no accidents, no complaints, no pickups scanned outside their windows and inbound service percentage. I write the service percentage out of my budget, we get hit for a customer being closed. It’s not worth the effort to try to attain that incentive.

It will be fine

well, aren't you also fined like, 300 per complaint?
Yup. $150 if you’re a second late to a pickup, $275 if you’re a second early, $400 for a missed pickup, if Susy at the front desk has a box and everyday you pickup at the dock buh bye $400 if you didn’t know that. It’s a great system if the goal is providing false pickup scans to CYA regardless of actual customer service.

bbsam

Staff member
It’s a money grab. I don’t find that at the local, district, or national level there is anything close to objectivity.

If the lost money went to an agreed upon local charity, I’d be cool with it. But X has its own incentive to “see things differently”. My favorite is “complaints”. After 20 minutes of being given the cold shoulder and by idiot customer service reps nearly blaming the customer for whatever has them upset, if the word complaint is uttered, BAM! There goes bonus money. Oh, you can appeal...LOL.

Once had an assistant SM instruct a P/D coordinator to ask a customer if he wanted to file a second complaint against me. Needless to say, I went ballistic. Could you imagine if I asked every one of my irate customers if they wanted to file a complaint against the local terminal and it’s management?

Total D’bag move.

floridays

It’s a money grab. I don’t find that at the local, district, or national level there is anything close to objectivity.

If the lost money went to an agreed upon local charity, I’d be cool with it. But X has its own incentive to “see things differently”. My favorite is “complaints”. After 20 minutes of being given the cold shoulder and by idiot customer service reps nearly blaming the customer for whatever has them upset, if the word complaint is uttered, BAM! There goes bonus money. Oh, you can appeal...LOL.

Once had an assistant SM instruct a P/D coordinator to ask a customer if he wanted to file a second complaint against me. Needless to say, I went ballistic. Could you imagine if I asked every one of my irate customers if they wanted to file a complaint against the local terminal and it’s management?

Total D’bag move.
Screw tightening on Sam the man? Is he Mueller's second cousin? I thought you condoned acts such as these.
I like it.

CJinx

we get hit for a customer being closed.
Ask to have those changed to 34s on the van service audit. Local management is usually more than happy to cook the books and make inbound local service look better then it really is. Kinda like how many local weather delays don't actually have anything to do with the weather. o_O

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Fred and his boys are out to rob you guys blind.

This whole ISP contractor thing is a crappy deal and now it’s sunk even lower. Seems to me this is just a guise for wage theft, plain and simple.

It will be fine

Ask to have those changed to 34s on the van service audit. Local management is usually more than happy to cook the books and make inbound local service look better then it really is. Kinda like how many local weather delays don't actually have anything to do with the weather. o_O
It’s not worth the effort. The money is so small in relation to my overall budget. It’s better to train my guys to do things by the book than try to game a ridiculous system. For pickups it’s worth it, delivery service not so much.

It will be fine

Fred and his boys are out to rob you guys blind.

This whole ISP contractor thing is a crappy deal and now it’s sunk even lower. Seems to me this is just a guise for wage theft, plain and simple.
These incentives aren’t new, there’s always been a bonus system. It’s not wage theft, we aren’t paid wages.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
It’s not worth the effort. The money is so small in relation to my overall budget. It’s better to train my guys to do things by the book than try to game a ridiculous system. For pickups it’s worth it, delivery service not so much.

A Ground driver told me that he gamed the system on the appointment deliveries. According to him, he would sheet attempts that were before the appointment time because he didn't want to be out any later than he had to and the recipients were often home. He said that his employer was penalized if an early attempt was made and that that was a way around it. I wondered how widespread that was.

bbsam

Staff member
A Ground driver told me that he gamed the system on the appointment deliveries. According to him, he would sheet attempts that were before the appointment time because he didn't want to be out any later than he had to and the recipients were often home. He said that his employer was penalized if an early attempt was made and that that was a way around it. I wondered how widespread that was.
It’s possible. But if there is any discrepancy, it’s easy to determine and disqualify the driver for scanner integrity.

instiches

Yup, on the evening deliveries with drivers who clearly will be done way before 5pm... if customer is there have them sign the handsheet and code 16 it at final reconciliation