Fired but still recieving pay

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
[
And you have proof of this? Will they try to get it back? Sure they will send a letter, they may even try and get the bank to refund it, but if it's closed or account number was changed it isn't happening. Spend $10,000 to get $5 back? Not a chance.
Missappropriation of thousands of dollars (roughly 2 months pay)...is a crime. The OP clearly states that they were fired and knew that they were not receiving severance pay. Thus, the OP knew those direct deposits did not belong to him/her. If they say nothing to HR and continue to receive and spend that money until UPS catches the error.....no way in hell UPS will let that slide with just a letter.

trickpony1

Dwebb1980-
If a drivers COD turn-in is short the company confronts the driver the next day......and you don't think the company will notice the money they are paying you since your "firing"?

They are setting you up son.

You say you have made attempts to contact them and they haven't responded?

I would involve third parties like the Department of Labor before you find yourself in a situation you can't get out of and I would do it soon.....complete with documentation and a log of phone calls and names of people at the DOL that you talked to.

Once the DOL contacts the company I bet the situation gets cleared up pretty quick.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
And you have proof of this? Will they try to get it back? Sure they will send a letter, they may even try and get the bank to refund it, but if it's closed or account number was changed it isn't happening. Spend $10,000 to get $5 back? Not a chance.

LOL, have you ever had an account go into collections? They PAY someone else to get the money from you, and if you don't pay it, your credit gets destroyed, and then eventually they'll take you to court and they WILL get THEIR money.

To not believe that is VERY gullible.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

LOL, have you ever had an account go into collections? They PAY someone else to get the money from you, and if you don't pay it, your credit gets destroyed, and then eventually they'll take you to court and they WILL get THEIR money.

To not believe that is VERY gullible.

They don't technically PAY someone else to get the money from you-----collection agencies work on a percentage, which they collect only if they are successful.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
They don't technically PAY someone else to get the money from you-----collection agencies work on a percentage, which they collect only if they are successful.

Do they get PAID the percentage? Then don't be a smart ass, you know what I meant.

I'm aware of how collection agencies work. The point of my statement is that if this guy owes them money, they're going to get it

BrownThunder

This is true.

A. Acct sold off to collection agency
B. Attempts are made to collect (letters, phone calls)
C. Balance grows
C+. Acct can shift from one company to another
D. Acct finally lands at law firm
D. Firm attempts to collect
E. After so long, they decide to litigate, pursuing a judgment against you
friend. After judgment is in place they can freeze your accounts or Garnish your wages.

A freeze will affect all accounts your have your name on.

You stand the best chance of settling that debt while its at a regular collection agency. I used to settle debts at around 35% for my clients. When it hits legal you're lucky if you can settle at less than 50%

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
This is true.

A. Acct sold off to collection agency
B. Attempts are made to collect (letters, phone calls)
C. Balance grows
C+. Acct can shift from one company to another
D. Acct finally lands at law firm
D. Firm attempts to collect
E. After so long, they decide to litigate, pursuing a judgment against you
friend. After judgment is in place they can freeze your accounts or Garnish your wages.

A freeze will affect all accounts your have your name on.

You stand the best chance of settling that debt while its at a regular collection agency. I used to settle debts at around 35% for my clients. When it hits legal you're lucky if you can settle at less than 50%

So your a Lawyer??

BrownThunder

No, but I worked as a legal debt settlement negotiator for years. I would be the one speaking with law firms and preventing litigation.

Its been a while but that's pretty much the process