Fired for (dishonesty) stealing time

Coldworld

60 months and counting
this makes me so grateful that i'm gone from this BS.
I believe you'll get your job back. depends on whole background story.
These youngsters have had it pretty good around here…we have had many just up and leave mid route…mgt has actually babied them and turned their heads on different issues…different times than when I was in pkg..

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
In our center we have no set time for lunch. We can either take a lunch or don’t take a lunch, but if we take a lunch we, obviously, need to clock out. By clocking back in early I mean if I was at lunch from 12:00 to 12:15 and clocked out for all of those 15 minutes but then got back in my package car and seen my email and I needed to make a quick phone call so I made a 10 minute phone call while still on clock.
You are a maroon. Plain and simple. Your are stealing time. Don’t understand why anyone would bite the hand that feeds you. Use your phone and personal stuff in the time you are actually clocked out. Dumb

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
this makes me so grateful that i'm gone from this BS.
I believe you'll get your job back. depends on whole background story.
Or just don’t steal :censored2:ing time? You get paid good money why do you have to try to cheat the company and get a few minutes here and there. Dumb

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
Being cold is one thing I don’t want them to judge me as. I have 0 record of ever lying, cheating, stealing or being dishonest in my life. I take pride in my work and will never be a un-honest man. I guess it kind of comes down to me not really understanding the rules for lunch and now that I know, all I can do is hope our management will understand that going to fourth, if I get my job back, is that I will do what it takes to correct my actions and cross my fingers that they will understand.
Who the hell doesn’t understand the rules of lunch?? Give me a break. You tried to sit down and get paid. You knew exactly what you were doing. Rules for lunch lmao what are you 2?

allahuakbar

She/Her
The dumbest part of this is you short changing lunch and then continuing lunch. That’s the only thing that they might bring up that may prevent you from getting your job back. It’s one thing to stop mid day and take a 10 minute call but you intentionally stole time.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
The dumbest part of this is you short changing lunch and then continuing lunch. That’s the only thing that they might bring up that may prevent you from getting your job back. It’s one thing to stop mid day and take a 10 minute call but you intentionally stole time.
It’s okay man he didn’t know the rules of lunch.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected

Exactly. It’s clearly a continuation of lunch and not just a random phone call he happened to take during the day once or twice.

35years

Gravy route
My old B.A. always told us...If you take lunch then have to use the rest room, do at least one stop after lunch in order for the bathroom time not to count as lunch/break. This is how the courts have also ruled in these cases.

Why would the OP think it is Ok to spend 20 minutes on a personal phone call while being paid, especially right after being clocked out? And he says he did it more than once? And now doesn't want to be judged?

I didn't know the rules???

Oh, I didn't know the rules, so I went to a movie on the clock.

Oh, I didn't know the rules, so I didn't enter my 40 minute unpaid lunch.

Really???
REALLY!!!!

11.19igrad

Sounds like you have been stealing time for so long it's become a habit and you dont even realize it any longer . They have been tracking you and i can assure you at the meeting with the Labor manager many more instances will be shown to have been documented.
They have you cold
wouldn't that require a warning letter first?

i thought telematics alone cant be used to fire a driver.

R1wonder

Pardon me I didn’t read the entire thread but .: say you’re sorry . And you were organizing the truck . Good luck .

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
My old B.A. always told us...If you take lunch then have to use the rest room, do at least one stop after lunch in order for the bathroom time not to count as lunch/break. This is how the courts have also ruled in these cases.

Yep.

Same thing if you sort your truck before lunch.

Stop.. sort your truck.. run one stop.. and go to lunch.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
wouldn't that require a warning letter first?

i thought telematics alone cant be used to fire a driver.
Time Theft isn't Telematics . Using the time stamps on his time card and delivery records absolutely can be used against a driver and i have seen terminations that have been upheld over similar incidnts .
Security routinely audits time cards and records looking for this type of dishonesty. Once a pattern is established a case is quickly made and presented to the center manager and the center manager takes it from there.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Wonder what the real story is?

Nobody gets fired for one event. More details missing than a CNN news report.