Fired for (dishonesty) stealing time

ZachUPS

They pulled telematics on me and accused me of stealing time. When I would go to lunch I would sometime clock back 10-20 minutes before going back to work. Most of them times, in that 10-20 min span, I would either be using the rest room or using the phone. They terminated me Friday for dishonesty. I have to meet with our UPsers team union leader on next Friday along with our district manger to explain my reasonings to why I was stealing time and they will decide if I get my job back. Has anyone ever had this problem. I’ve never been warned and I have had no other issues in the past 9 months. Will I get my job back?? Thanks

Dumbo

Not sure what you mean by clock back but if it was obviously intentional then you are pretty much done. If I use my phone during paid time it's a minute or less here and there. I wouldn't ever sit on my phone or the bathroom for 20 min if not on break.

ZachUPS

In our center we have no set time for lunch. We can either take a lunch or don’t take a lunch, but if we take a lunch we, obviously, need to clock out. By clocking back in early I mean if I was at lunch from 12:00 to 12:15 and clocked out for all of those 15 minutes but then got back in my package car and seen my email and I needed to make a quick phone call so I made a 10 minute phone call while still on clock.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Peak is officially over and its firing time. All that "teamwork" and "Heroes 2021" crap is over. Your center manager will be following you around with warning letters in-hand for not using the handrail.

Management doesn't care about you.
22.4s are here.
You are replaceable.

Do the job correctly and stay under the radar by not doing stupid things.

oldngray

nowhere special
If there is more than a 10 minute gap without you doing anything and not on lunch or a break it gets automatically flagged. A quick phone call is OK but longer than that can be stealing time.

UPSER1987

In our center we have no set time for lunch. We can either take a lunch or don’t take a lunch, but if we take a lunch we, obviously, need to clock out. By clocking back in early I mean if I was at lunch from 12:00 to 12:15 and clocked out for all of those 15 minutes but then got back in my package car and seen my email and I needed to make a quick phone call so I made a 10 minute phone call while still on clock.
That may be a problem if it’s habitual. Once in a while may not alert anyone, but if it happens daily and it’s a trend that is an issue.

JL 0513

Not allowed to use restroom until you get home.

Also make sure to fix your load and check for misloads on your own time.

ZachUPS

Peak is officially over and its firing time. All that "teamwork" and "Heroes 2021" crap is over. Your center manager will be following you around with warning letters in-hand for not using the handrail.

22.4s are here.
You are replaceable.

22.4s are here.
You are replaceable.

Yes understandable. The one thing I told out center manager when he terminated me was that I honestly do love my job. I told him I had no intentions of being “dishonest” or “stealing time”. I’ve been driving for almost 2 years now and have a perfect attendance record and have really no previous write ups accept a little safety related issue in my first couple months of driving. I have always gotten along with management and all my fellow upsers. The guy that terminated then turned around and said get with your union leader and he then said there should be no problem getting your job back, so that fives me a little confidence..

UPSER1987

Not allowed to use restroom until you get home.

Also make sure to fix your load and check for misloads on your own time.
That’s not what he’s describing. He said he checks emails and personal calls on the clock.
He wouldn’t be in trouble going to the restroom or checking for misloads on the clock.

ZachUPS

I
Where are you located that lunch is an option? I’ve never heard of that before.
I come from a small center in the mid-west. We only have 28 drivers at our facility. Our rules are a little more laid back here which is kind of nice, but obviously with telematics, just like every other ups center in the world, they sure do watch what your doing.

JL 0513

That’s not what he’s describing. He said he checks emails and personal calls on the clock.
He wouldn’t be in trouble going to the restroom or checking for misloads on the clock.

While I was being sarcastic, the point is either of those things could take more than 10 minutes. In the case if the bathroom, you could be sick or something. And they don't know when you're in the back of the truck going through your load.

UPSER1987

Yes understandable. The one thing I told out center manager when he terminated me was that I honestly do love my job. I told him I had no intentions of being “dishonest” or “stealing time”. I’ve been driving for almost 2 years now and have a perfect attendance record and have really no previous write ups accept a little safety related issue in my first couple months of driving. I have always gotten along with management and all my fellow upsers. The guy that terminated then turned around and said get with your union leader and he then said there should be no problem getting your job back, so that fives me a
If you have a decent track record and didn’t know/understand the lunch rules, you should be ok.

Don’t work off the clock and work while you are on the clock.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
They pulled telematics on me and accused me of stealing time. When I would go to lunch I would sometime clock back 10-20 minutes before going back to work. ...................
Sounds like you have been stealing time for so long it's become a habit and you dont even realize it any longer . They have been tracking you and i can assure you at the meeting with the Labor manager many more instances will be shown to have been documented.
They have you cold

ZachUPS

Sounds like you have been stealing time for so long it's become a habit and you dont even realize it any longer . They have been tracking you and i can assure you at the meeting with the Labor manager many more instances will be shown to have been documented.
They have you cold
Being cold is one thing I don’t want them to judge me as. I have 0 record of ever lying, cheating, stealing or being dishonest in my life. I take pride in my work and will never be a un-honest man. I guess it kind of comes down to me not really understanding the rules for lunch and now that I know, all I can do is hope our management will understand that going to fourth, if I get my job back, is that I will do what it takes to correct my actions and cross my fingers that they will understand.