Fired For Misloads?

Maplewood

I’ve been told I can’t be fired for misloads. However, it is peak season. I’ve been with the company for over a year and recently, a new hire has been complaining about me, threatening me and now has gotten my supe to move me. I have been working doubles and been working 14+ hour days. My supes know I’m exhausted and on one of the busiest days of the year, my supe moved me from a 3 car set to a 4 car set. I am usually in the unload and loaded the 3 car set all peak. Today, I have had 30+ misloads as I know right now. It wasn’t done intentionally and I feel like I was set up to fail. My father, a driver said I would probably be called into the office on Monday and suspended even though I’ve never been written up before. What should I do?
Discipline is progressive. You can get a suspension letter if you havent had a warning letter for the same thing in the last 9 months. You can eventually be fired for misloads. You cant be fired for slowing the :censored2: down enough that you dont have any more misloads. Call in sick if you are too tired to work...

dogs.bite.me

I’ve been told I can’t be fired for misloads. However, it is peak season. I’ve been with the company for over a year and recently, a new hire has been complaining about me, threatening me and now has gotten my supe to move me. I have been working doubles and been working 14+ hour days. My supes know I’m exhausted and on one of the busiest days of the year, my supe moved me from a 3 car set to a 4 car set. I am usually in the unload and loaded the 3 car set all peak. Today, I have had 30+ misloads as I know right now. It wasn’t done intentionally and I feel like I was set up to fail. My father, a driver said I would probably be called into the office on Monday and suspended even though I’ve never been written up before. What should I do?

Yes you can be fired for misloads, but management must follow the progression by the book. Slow down and don’t have misloads. If someone helps you, don’t sign the warning letter because if could have been other person. Have steward present and make sure he knows proper progression of discipline

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Have them show you for the nite how it’s done , same flow, same amount of cars , without you touching a single pkg ,,,,,,they can blow it out their arse

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I’ve been told I can’t be fired for misloads.

You have been told wrong.

It can happen.

But, only over a course of time. (progressive discipline)

Keep doing the best you can.

And, ask for further "demonstration" by management on the methods.

Ask your supervisor where it states in the contract that you can be fired for misloads. Then point out the part about harassment.

What part of the contract, allows pkg drivers to mis-deliver packages ?

Or, a feeder driver.... to drop a trailer @ some random location ?

My favorite is the guy in my building who was threatened discipline for not following Orion then followed it the next day and worked five hours over then they tried firing him for maliciously following instructions

That's funny.

It would never stick.... in any part of the country.

I'm not the smartest person you've ever met but I think a good attorney could laugh all the way to the bank on this.

I laugh... when people suggest... getting attorneys involved.

-Bug-

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Is Dad a runner-gunner?

CitizenTruth

They can't fire you for that, relax mgmt likes to make everyone feel like they are the worst ever, most of them don't know why they do this, it's just what they are taught, they all use the same tactics, its kind of funny actually they all sound the same. Remember they aren't smarter than you and learn your rights read the contract book.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I don't know why you would laugh when the union can't seem to win "slam dunk" cases that a reasonable, unknowing person would think by "prima facie" (I used a big word) would be a "slam dunk".

Because it's not a court of law ?

I once saw a driver bring an attorney to his panel hearing.

That was funny. :biggrin:

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
i've never, ever seen an employee successfully termed for misloads

as annoying as it is, it's a totally pointless thing for us to waste our time on trying to harass or discipline

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
i've never, ever seen an employee successfully termed for misloads

as annoying as it is, it's a totally pointless thing for us to waste our time on trying to harass or discipline

Terminated.... Nah.

Disciplined ? Oh yeah.

They fix the problem, bid another job, are moved to different position, or quit.

-Bug-