Fired For Misloads?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
That suggests that driver didn't have ANY faith in the union's ability to defend him.

Hmmm....I wonder where that came from?

You didn't bother to mention the outcome of that driver's hearing...

The guy was a feeder driver, and a perpetual friend-up.

(No one questioned his ability to drive a truck)

He wasn't in danger of permanently losing his job, as the company was just

trying to get his attention through the progressive disciplinary procedure.

When you are at the fuel pumps and forget to stop the the pump on the opposite tank

and drive off.... ripping off the pump handle (creating a fuel spill)

It's not racial when the company tries to discharge you.

-Bug-

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The guy was a feeder driver, and a perpetual friend-up.

(No one questioned his ability to drive a truck)

He wasn't in danger of permanently losing his job, as the company was just

trying to get his attention through the progressive disciplinary procedure.

When you are at the fuel pumps and forget to stop the the pump on the opposite tank

and drive off.... ripping off the pump handle (creating a fuel spill)

It's not racial when the company tries to discharge you.

-Bug-
That’s nothing... there’s worse friend-ups out there....especially in package

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Every job classification has "unique" individuals.

:biggrin:
Yes... yes they do... personally I haven’t seen anyone loose their job for anything that wasn’t fully deserving and that’s even with them being warned about it....hell, the fools who were stealing packages were found out by others then notified ups.... many of these cases ups had no fing idea what was going on...

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
He’s not the first to leave a pump in the tank and drive off , must of been a list of things to pi ss off management, they used this to get him !!

Dr.Brownz

I’ve been told I can’t be fired for misloads. However, it is peak season. I’ve been with the company for over a year and recently, a new hire has been complaining about me, threatening me and now has gotten my supe to move me. I have been working doubles and been working 14+ hour days. My supes know I’m exhausted and on one of the busiest days of the year, my supe moved me from a 3 car set to a 4 car set. I am usually in the unload and loaded the 3 car set all peak. Today, I have had 30+ misloads as I know right now. It wasn’t done intentionally and I feel like I was set up to fail. My father, a driver said I would probably be called into the office on Monday and suspended even though I’ve never been written up before. What should I do?

They won't do * and if they do just say "im doing the best I can" and "I'll endeavor to not have misloads" don't worry about it man. Just slow down and don\t have misloads, if packages pile up don't worry about it, they will get loaded eventually.

How old are you? You're dad sounds like a wanker if he's not trying to stand up for you (unless you are a druggie 20 year old who has no work ethic, context is important)

Last edited by a moderator:

PTPunchingBag

I just turned 19, started at UPS at 18. He just doesn’t like playing to the union. Thinks it puts a target on his back so he doesn’t want me to file grievances

PT Car Washer

I just turned 19, started at UPS at 18. He just doesn’t like playing to the union. Thinks it puts a target on his back so he doesn’t want me to file grievances
The truth is if you do not file grievance it sounds like you agree with your sup and deserve your punishment. Sometimes it does put a target on your back and other times it takes the target off your back.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
God I wish @jumpman23 was still on the forums. He stopped posting a few months before I started. Talked a lot about how preload should actually work vs. reality. In the following quote I have a driver who does exactly this and the frustrating part is that after trying multiple times, there is no way for me to do the same.
It aint going to matter anyway cause most drivers DOL'S are all beat to hell everyday anyway and their not trained right anyway. They should have the drivers train them anyway because the space in the truck isn't utilized correctly anyway and im a prove it right now. The route shouldn't be started on the 1000 shelf for most routes except for bulk routes. The route should be started on the 2000 shelf and the bulk for any of them stops should be on the floor. The top shelves should be used for residential storage as it is the biggest shelf per square footage wise. Stacked to the roof and all smalls behind the bigger boxes. Big boxes that are taking up too much space on top shelf should be then moved to the floor. Its the process of elimination as the object is to put as many boxes on that top shelf as possible to free up floor space only for bulk stops whether it be commercial or resie. The system doesn't work and hasn't for years. The reason they have you start on the 1000 shelf n work your way down is the retards down in Atlanta who never stepped into a truck think were brain dead since were truck drivers lol. View attachment 50329 View attachment 50330 View attachment 50331 Real loads and exactly how it should be done lol. Middle shelves floor and middle come out first then work your way out of the top resie shelves with middle shelves empty to sort out resies from top shelf.