Fired for not filing grievance

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Zackm3180, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Article 3

Article 3 Guest

He/she said the 50 number came from terms from other members. If I read it right shawnie was termed 3 times.
    I understand. Who cares about your name? No one does. The corruption is real. But there are good BAs too. Everyone makes a decision to fight for truth and honesty or just keep your head down and mouth shut.

Choose wisely because the legacy you leave either makes it better for those that are weaker in spine or harder for everyone when you are retired. You can never redo or undo some things in life so be strong every day.

2. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I am a mod. Do you need help?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. It's the same handful of people that constantly get into trouble all of the time but you guys know everything . Do t listen to anyone else.

4. How many union meetings have you been to?

5. Article 3

Article 3 Guest

Must be a large facility to have 50 terms in 27 years in his/her work area.
    Is this in L804?
    Normally they don't stay long enough to be able to go thru the disciplinary process. Lol

6. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

I don't believe that.

They would have found a way to get rid of him.

Even some of the worst offenders I've seen.... wouldn't crack 10 in that time period.

There is some guy from 804 hashing it out right now on FaceBook with his BA

over a discharge that was recently upheld. The BA was just flabbergasted that

the guy took to social media to cop a plea, and blame the Local. The BA tells

a completely different story....

-Bug-

7. Kanovic

Kanovic My job is fun

They must not like you.

8. Kanovic

Kanovic My job is fun

Everyone knows who you are Simba. You are the one true king!

*now take that tin foil hat off and go nap

9. BrownMonk

BrownMonk Old fart Package Car Driver

I agree if the employee was notified of the termination at a meeting and he agrees to the grievance. The Union can't responsible for filing a grievance on every termination since hundreds come in a year where the employee already knows or agrees. An example would be the hundreds of p/t workers that 3 day no call/no show(walking off without quitting). The Union doesn't file a grievance on every one of those when they come in as termination letters. It is the employees responsibility once they are notified.

10. Unfortunately many employees have no clue how the grievance procedure works.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. BrownMonk

I guess it all starts with asking for the steward if called into the office. If fired or suspended, the steward should tell them what they need to do. Most of the locals put grievance forms on their websites now. I guess there needs to be more interaction with new people. We don't have that issue around here because we have a bunch of seasoned stewards with instructions to file if in doubt and let the business agent figure it out.

12. Here....the steward automatically files if someone gets fired

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. BrownMonk

The old saying is I spend 95% of my time on 5% of the people.

14. BrownMonk

Seems like a lot of extra paperwork for a guy that doesn't want the job anyway. If they walk away from it, they have made their decision.

15. Isn't that the truth.

16. You have a thankless job.....

17. BadIdeaGuy

BadIdeaGuy Don't discriminate against blind preloaders

The guy who has supposedly been "fired" 50 times is telling someone else they're ruining the union?

Pot? Meet kettle.

18. SameRightsForAll

SameRightsForAll Active Member

It sounds like he enjoyed not reporting to work every day.

19. Article 3

Article 3 Guest

From what I gleaned from this thread was that this pt person has been involved in or helped with about 50 terminations of other employees, but he/she was discharged three times personally.

There are many sides to the story and the whole deal normally gets exposed in the local hearing which prompts a side bar with the grievant out in the hallway at least once.
    Think about that statement. If 5% are at risk then 95% of the hourly are good employees.
    The rest are probably Canadians.:rolleyes:

20. Yeet

Yeet Inbound, turnaround, go to town

No, we just know how to stay off the f****** radar.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List