Fired for not filing grievance

A

Article 3

You work Pre-load
You've been there 27 years
You've been terminated over 50 times

Yah--people know who you are.
He/she said the 50 number came from terms from other members. If I read it right shawnie was termed 3 times.
I should prob change my profile name or make a new account. There are only a few(if not only 1) people that has done this and lived to tell about it. I'm sure someone has figured out who i am. Who needs to give UPS or Union Reps that are in UPS pockets, more bullets for their guns. I know all you union cheerleader will attack me for independent thinking and seeing the plainly obvious. I will alway be union strong, but I will never let our union leader make our union weaker or stomp on members rights. If you can't see that's what they have done, after what they did during the last contract process, then no amount of discussion is gonna help you. To the great union reps, you're all thats left to keep them honest. I couldn't have made it this far without you. Sorry the few make you look bad and make your job even harder. I will prob wait a day because i wont post and hide. I might not respond(prob will though) but I will read them. Can you even change name to remain to stay anonymous?
I understand. Who cares about your name? No one does. The corruption is real. But there are good BAs too. Everyone makes a decision to fight for truth and honesty or just keep your head down and mouth shut.

Choose wisely because the legacy you leave either makes it better for those that are weaker in spine or harder for everyone when you are retired. You can never redo or undo some things in life so be strong every day.

There is no reason to be on here if your just going to be an ass. Find something better to do than talk like that. We are a union and people like you are reasons it’s not good anymore
It's the same handful of people that constantly get into trouble all of the time but you guys know everything . Do t listen to anyone else.

A

Article 3

It's the same handful of people that constantly get into trouble all of the time but you guys know everything . Do t listen to anyone else.
Must be a large facility to have 50 terms in 27 years in his/her work area.
Is this in L804?
Normally they don't stay long enough to be able to go thru the disciplinary process. Lol

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

I don't believe that.

They would have found a way to get rid of him.

Even some of the worst offenders I've seen.... wouldn't crack 10 in that time period.

Is this in L804?
Normally they don't stay long enough to be able to go thru the disciplinary process. Lol

There is some guy from 804 hashing it out right now on FaceBook with his BA

over a discharge that was recently upheld. The BA was just flabbergasted that

the guy took to social media to cop a plea, and blame the Local. The BA tells

a completely different story....

-Bug-

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
I should prob change my profile name or make a new account. There are only a few(if not only 1) people that has done this and lived to tell about it. I'm sure someone has figured out who i am. Who needs to give UPS or Union Reps that are in UPS pockets, more bullets for their guns. I know all you union cheerleader will attack me for independent thinking and seeing the plainly obvious. I will alway be union strong, but I will never let our union leader make our union weaker or stomp on members rights. If you can't see that's what they have done, after what they did during the last contract process, then no amount of discussion is gonna help you. To the great union reps, you're all thats left to keep them honest. I couldn't have made it this far without you. Sorry the few make you look bad and make your job even harder. I will prob wait a day because i wont post and hide. I might not respond(prob will though) but I will read them. Can you even change name to remain to stay anonymous?
Everyone knows who you are Simba. You are the one true king!

*now take that tin foil hat off and go nap

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
Any any termination no matter what article it was under should be immediately grieved

I agree if the employee was notified of the termination at a meeting and he agrees to the grievance. The Union can't responsible for filing a grievance on every termination since hundreds come in a year where the employee already knows or agrees. An example would be the hundreds of p/t workers that 3 day no call/no show(walking off without quitting). The Union doesn't file a grievance on every one of those when they come in as termination letters. It is the employees responsibility once they are notified.

I agree if the employee was notified of the termination at a meeting and he agrees to the grievance. The Union can't responsible for filing a grievance on every termination since hundreds come in a year where the employee already knows or agrees. An example would be the hundreds of p/t workers that 3 day no call/no show(walking off without quitting). The Union doesn't file a grievance on every one of those when they come in as termination letters. It is the employees responsibility once they are notified.
Unfortunately many employees have no clue how the grievance procedure works.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
Unfortunately many employees have no clue how the grievance procedure works.

I guess it all starts with asking for the steward if called into the office. If fired or suspended, the steward should tell them what they need to do. Most of the locals put grievance forms on their websites now. I guess there needs to be more interaction with new people. We don't have that issue around here because we have a bunch of seasoned stewards with instructions to file if in doubt and let the business agent figure it out.

I guess it all starts with asking for the steward if called into the office. If fired or suspended, the steward should tell them what they need to do. Most of the locals put grievance forms on their websites now. I guess there needs to be more interaction with new people. We don't have that issue around here because we have a bunch of seasoned stewards with instructions to file if in doubt and let the business agent figure it out.
Here....the steward automatically files if someone gets fired

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
There is no reason to be on here if your just going to be an ass. Find something better to do than talk like that. We are a union and people like you are reasons it’s not good anymore

The guy who has supposedly been "fired" 50 times is telling someone else they're ruining the union?

Pot? Meet kettle.

A

Article 3

Is this in L804?

I don't believe that.

They would have found a way to get rid of him.

Even some of the worst offenders I've seen.... wouldn't crack 10 in that time period.

There is some guy from 804 hashing it out right now on FaceBook with his BA

over a discharge that was recently upheld. The BA was just flabbergasted that

the guy took to social media to cop a plea, and blame the Local. The BA tells

a completely different story....

-Bug-

The guy who has supposedly been "fired" 50 times is telling someone else they're ruining the union?

Pot? Meet kettle.
From what I gleaned from this thread was that this pt person has been involved in or helped with about 50 terminations of other employees, but he/she was discharged three times personally.

There are many sides to the story and the whole deal normally gets exposed in the local hearing which prompts a side bar with the grievant out in the hallway at least once.
The old saying is I spend 95% of my time on 5% of the people.
Think about that statement. If 5% are at risk then 95% of the hourly are good employees.
The rest are probably Canadians.:rolleyes: