*FIRED For Rollaway!

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
How can you be in the bulk area & not feel the car starting to roll??? I know I have felt it roll once or twice in my day forgetting to set brake & moved pretty quick to pull brake!!!! Maybe this guy wasn't in the car!! I hope he gets his job back,we all make mistakes with all we have on our plates I'm surprised there arn';t more accidents than what we have as a company in a year!!!

705red

Browncafe Steward
There are other determining issues that I'm not at liberty to divulge, that may have added up against this person. It's so sad that one day you're enjoying the fruits of your labor and the very next you don't have a job. I feel for this person, even if it was carelessness. Poor sap!:sad-little:

Steve feel free to PM me and I will assist in any way possible. I have seen it go either way, but if it goes to panel it is a loser. My first case I lost was a roll away, great guy, not the smartest but he gave 110% and made up for it. Never late always willing to go the extra mile, thought for sure they would cut him some slack.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
We just had a roll away here, rolled back into a car and did some damage. Driver got a one week suspension.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
REd, I agree, at a panel hearing, this one is a gonner.

Steve brings an interesting twist, there is other stuff..........

And the way other stuff is handled is that while it might not be the basis for a termination, when you finally give them a good reason to terminate, you are/will be gone.

I had one begin to roll away, after I struggled to get an oversized heavy package out through the front, because the back was filled with pickup pieces. Lucky for me, I was only a few steps away when I heard it lurch.

I also had one slide away. That is an interesting feeling. In the seat, but totally out of control. And sliding backwards, then sideways.

d

fxdwg

Long Time Member
After securing the vehicle with the tire turned towards the curb and the car in 1st with the park-brake on, I still must dance around the stick-shift like I'm Fred Astaire!

Brownie:

You left the door wide open on this one.

"Dance around the stick"?.......Like Fred????

Ha Ha.., Just kidding with you, but I thought it was TMI ! :peaceful:

Last edited:

whiskey

How can you be in the bulk area & not feel the car starting to roll??? I know I have felt it roll once or twice in my day forgetting to set brake & moved pretty quick to pull brake!!!! Maybe this guy wasn't in the car!! I hope he gets his job back,we all make mistakes with all we have on our plates I'm surprised there arn';t more accidents than what we have as a company in a year!!!

Yikes Cove, "once or twice"? Say it ain't so. I bet you moved quicker than a Larry Bird no look pass.

Frank Williams

Safety Brake Set Inc. (safetybrake.com) designs and manufactures systems to prevent this type of accident. Transit buses across the have installed and used these systems for over 15 years.

gorilla75jdw

we had a combo guy , 20 yr. employee ,( http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f39/opinions-needed-20-yr-mans-firing-315269/ ) ( outstandingworker , great record , never been disciplined since he had been at U.P.S. get terminated at the panel for a roll away on the companys property that did minimal damage , so little damage the company still uses the same pkg. car with the scratch and golf ball sized hole in the front left hood . This package car went out the very next day , with no repairs . The employee reported the incident as soon as it happened , within minutes , was taken out of service pending an investigation of his employment , a term the company likes to use for not letting you work , went to committee , deadlocked , went to panel ,lost . The funny part is a month before we had a feeder driver with a rollaway on the side of the interstate , the truck/trailors went into the woods down an embankment and crashed into trees . The driver was back to work in a month . We have had numerous rollaways at my hub and everybody got their job back except this combo guy . Go figure , good luck to your bud . IMAG0311.jpg
IMAG0311.jpg

MobileBA

"There are other determining issues that I'm not at liberty to divulge, that may have added up against this person. It's so sad that one day you're enjoying the fruits of your labor and the very next you don't have a job. I feel for this person, even if it was carelessness." The real question is was it intentional? Careless? I have a hard time believing brown shirts woulds intentionally be careless. It's accident, unfortunate, and that's life. Good day's and bad day's. No one should be fired for the bad days. Of course, if it was intentional, but how do you really subjectively prove that?