Fired for "stealing time"

jdn

So here is a quick summary of my story. I got fired for stealing time and dishonesty.

After my lunch I clocked in but was still at lunch scanning packages as delivered. I went 30 mins past. my center manager was doing safety checks and was watching me the whole time. I got called in 2 days later and was told Im discharged for "stealing time" and dishonesty.

My BA and I went to the center to have a meeting the the center manager and sup but they still decided not to give my job back even though I told them I mess up and realized what I did was a cardinal sin.

Was that one of the panels? my BA told me next we can go to arbitation if i wanted to try to get my job back.

Has anyone heard or experienced anything like this and got their job back?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Lmfao. :wellduh: You really expect anyone with half a brain to believe you went over your lunch by 30 min and that's not stealing time or dishonesty. I honestly don't believe your story. :hi5:

jdn

CORRECTION I delivered them and then I stop completed them later. And to be honest I have no reason , I guess just to have more time for lunch.....something stupid

jdn

Lmfao. :wellduh: You really expect anyone with half a brain to believe you went over your lunch by 30 min and that's not stealing time or dishonesty. I honestly don't believe your story. :hi5:
Im admitting to what i did, that i went over 30 mins. they have proof that wasnt driving and i was completingstops.

UPSGUY72

CORRECTION I delivered them and then I stop completed them later. And to be honest I have no reason , I guess just to have more time for lunch.....something stupid

So your were driving around delivering packages but not sheeting them or sheeting them and stop completing them later. Why did you just stop completer them as you went and put your full lunch in the DIAD. That's called working through your lunch.

jdn

Thank you peanut gallery. I know I messed up and I admit it. ive been written up once for being late and never filed a grievance. I just would like to know if anyone has gotten their job back after something like this.

I guess for the reason I can say I got lazy after lunch and needed some extra time.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Thank you peanut gallery. I know I messed up and I admit it. ive been written up once for being late and never filed a grievance. I just would like to know if anyone has gotten their job back after something like this.

I guess for the reason I can say I got lazy after lunch and needed some extra time.
If you get your job back, and probably will, although Ive never heard of anyone doing that, if you need extra time, code it out as extra lunch, unpaid time, say you were sick or something.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Yeah it's one thing to go over on lunch by 5 minutes accidentally...it's quite another to intentionally falsify delivery records to intentionally extend your lunch by half an hour.

Everyone makes mistakes and I'm not judging you but I don't see you walking away from this one.

UPSGUY72

First of all your and idiot.

You'll probably get your job back it all depends on how hard you want to fight for it. They will drag it out as long as they can to make you an example and to see if you'll just quit....

It would have been easier to just work through you lunch and they wouldn't have done much if anything to you.