Fired for "stealing time"

Only if he was doing it on purpose....The delivery button and the pre record button on the diad are very close together....As are all of the buttons on the keypad..it is very easy to accidently push prerecord at a stop...especially with gloves on. So when you are a few stops away and realize what happen you should be able to then release it without fear of being fired..what are you going to do drive back to the stop and release the phantom pkg at the door...then they try to get you for excessive miles..you honestly can't win.
:bsbullf::bsbullf::bsbullf:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We all know (well maybe not the driver who got fired) all the ways that UPS can oberve what the driver does electronically. However the Mgmt team can't use that as sole proof to show "stealing time". Therefore the manager\on road supervisor go out to physically observe. Mgmt has to observe the entire lunch plus the extra 1/2 hour for proof that the person did steal time. Have that documented to show we have an employee is stealing time.

Per what already exists (can't use technology) and your reasoning that the mgr just sat and watched him steal time. That shouldn't be allowed, he should walk up to him and instruct him to work. If that is true, no one can ever be fired for stealing time. When no one can be fired, then many will decide to do the same.

Tell you what, why don't you just do what you said and sit on a load stand for a while when you are on the clock and see how well that logic holds up on your termination?
True but stealing time has been used in man
Why do you say that for...has this NEVER happen to you???

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I was just recently called into office and and told that i think I am a bad ass. Standing up for yourself or enforcing the contract should not be a "badass" it should be every teamster member.
Last week...my steward walks up.on the belt. I call him over and tell him my pt sup is down the other end of the belt loading 3 trucks because they sent a new guy home at 5am (it's now around 9am). He goes down to talk to PT sup. Few min later, my center manager and PT sup come over to me (without my steward..don't know where he went). center manager calls me out of my truck and tells me that she "doesn't appreciate that I'm throwing my boss under the bus" and that "I'm not being a team player." I take my phone out of my pocket, tell her I'm texting my steward to come back to my belt...and ask her how to spell "harassment"? Lol center manager storms off in a huff....and I filed yet another sups working grievance.

.good thing you
Only if he was doing it on purpose....The delivery button and the pre record button on the diad are very close together....As are all of the buttons on the keypad..it is very easy to accidently push prerecord at a stop...especially with gloves on. So when you are a few stops away and realize what happen you should be able to then release it without fear of being fired..what are you going to do drive back to the stop and release the phantom pkg at the door...then they try to get you for excessive miles..you honestly can't win.

The ignition switch and the lock on the bulkhead door both take a key. Perhaps he intended to start the PC and be on his way delivering but he got confused and entered the bulkhead by mistake. Once inside the lack of airflow and internal temperatures caused him to become overheated and he began hallucinating. The DIAD shows he believed he was delivering packages as he recorded and stop completed them.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury. What we have here is NOT a case of stealing time and dishonesty but rather a poor working man suffering from heat exposure and the negligence of the supervisor that allowed him to suffer.

If you're gonna pull out the bullshiet bat you might as well swing for the fence.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
If someone's going to start a thread and tell their "I got fired" story and ask for advice....be honest and tell the WHOLE story, instead of half truths or omitting certain things...it is what it is.:bsbullf: we can smell it a mile away....just sayin.

If someone's going to start a thread and tell their "I got fired" story and ask for advice....be honest and tell the WHOLE story, instead of half truths or omitting certain things...it is what it is.:bsbullf: we can smell it a mile away....just sayin.

Once again, if a chick can pick up on it..............

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Once again, if a chick can pick up on it..............
images-9.jpeg

upschuck

Last week...my steward walks up.on the belt. I call him over and tell him my pt sup is down the other end of the belt loading 3 trucks because they sent a new guy home at 5am (it's now around 9am). He goes down to talk to PT sup. Few min later, my center manager and PT sup come over to me (without my steward..don't know where he went). center manager calls me out of my truck and tells me that she "doesn't appreciate that I'm throwing my boss under the bus" and that "I'm not being a team player." I take my phone out of my pocket, tell her I'm texting my steward to come back to my belt...and ask her how to spell "harassment"? Lol center manager storms off in a huff....and I filed yet another sups working grievance.
I thought your center manager wanted to be your buddy? that is no way to do it.

BrownTexas

I wish we had one person in our center that had a back bone like that. We have 6 pt sups and I bet they each work at least 75% of the shift. It one person would stand up they could clear $100k a year in a pt job. Lol