Fired for "stealing time"

Brownsfan

Sadly this thread should of been titled "how to get fired from UPS!" Everything about this story pisses me off, cause I spend a lot of energy thinking how not to lose my job. Not how to cheat the system.

Good luck with whatever happens to you. Either way it's not the end of the world, it's just the end of $80000+ A year.

Fedex Guy

Sadly this thread should of been titled "how to get fired from UPS!" Everything about this story pisses me off, cause I spend a lot of energy thinking how not to lose my job. Not how to cheat the system.

Good luck with whatever happens to you. Either way it's not the end of the world, it's just the end of $80000+ A year.

I agree, I work hard and don't try to find shortcuts. It will only get you fired.

Just to be clear, I don't work for FedEx. Crazy I know.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
That's copyrighted and sole property of CachCo inc. a subsidiary of Subway foods llc
10421957_745598722149866_6111911995608587847_n.jpg

I thought this was your regular sponsor Feedah?? lol

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
If I sit on a load stand in the middle of the building, on the clock, while a supervisor stands 20 feet away, saying nothing, not instructing me to anything, just watching me sit, can he fire me for stealing time?
Depends on work available. When I worked inside there were many times I sat somewhere for over 20 minutes and we were waiting for a trailer to be pulled and replaced forever, or I was picking off and there was no flow due to a problem elsewhere, or I was an irreg train driver and there was a traffic jam. In all of these cases a sup probably could have found something for me to do but wanted me to wait where I was.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
If I sit on a load stand in the middle of the building, on the clock, while a supervisor stands 20 feet away, saying nothing, not instructing me to anything, just watching me sit, can he fire me for stealing time?
Not unless you were instructed to perform a task and you chose to sit down instead. If your task was completed and you were awaiting further instructions..you could sit and not be summarily fired for stealing time. It's not something I'd do myself but technically you were working as directed.

Teeitup

I had a meeting with my BA, center manager, sup and Labor Manager. They said no for me to come back. My BA tried talking to them again and they still said no, so we are going to Arbitration, and said it can take a few months. What was your case?
I was fired for leaving COD packages in morning and picking up money later on that day when doing pick ups in same area. I had 15 years of driving at the time back in 2006 when this occurred. I NEVER had a claim, lady ALWAYS had money when I come back by. Previous drivers had always done this also for lady. center manager had a real problem with me because I always filed grievances when my rights were violated. They fired me for dishonesty and conspiring with a customer. I did get job back through arbitration after a 10 month vacation. THEY can fire anybody at anytime so I suggest you cover your ass and ALWAYS remember Big Brother is watching and they got the technology now to nail anyone's ass who thinks they can cheat or work the system. They are always looking to replace senior drivers with new progression drivers which take 3-4 years to get to top pay. Don't ever give them an excuse to look at replacing you or any other driver because EVERYONE is replaceable!! Good luck at arbitration!!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
.good thing you

The ignition switch and the lock on the bulkhead door both take a key. Perhaps he intended to start the PC and be on his way delivering but he got confused and entered the bulkhead by mistake. Once inside the lack of airflow and internal temperatures caused him to become overheated and he began hallucinating. The DIAD shows he believed he was delivering packages as he recorded and stop completed them.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury. What we have here is NOT a case of stealing time and dishonesty but rather a poor working man suffering from heat exposure and the negligence of the supervisor that allowed him to suffer.

If you're gonna pull out the bullshiet bat you might as well swing for the fence.
Don't be a ass..never condoned the behavior..I said that it is easy to pre record a stop.or forget to stop complete at a stop...I never said that doing it at lunch with 30 stops was OK or an accident..

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I was fired for leaving COD packages in morning and picking up money later on that day when doing pick ups in same area. I had 15 years of driving at the time back in 2006 when this occurred. I NEVER had a claim, lady ALWAYS had money when I come back by. Previous drivers had always done this also for lady. center manager had a real problem with me because I always filed grievances when my rights were violated. They fired me for dishonesty and conspiring with a customer. I did get job back through arbitration after a 10 month vacation. THEY can fire anybody at anytime so I suggest you cover your ass and ALWAYS remember Big Brother is watching and they got the technology now to nail anyone's ass who thinks they can cheat or work the system. They are always looking to replace senior drivers with new progression drivers which take 3-4 years to get to top pay. Don't ever give them an excuse to look at replacing you or any other driver because EVERYONE is replaceable!! Good luck at arbitration!!
10 months off is bullshiit...you were probably doing it so you didn't have to wait for the lady to write the checks...that wasn't something that warranted 10 months off..but what do I know you guys want to dog me on this too???