Fired for stolen Uhaul

UPSGUY72

Wrong? As a new driver I've never had to use keys to start a car and so I've never had to even consider taking keys with me. My fob is on my belt loop at all times. If I were put in the position where I had to use keys, I can see how it might slip my mind when I'm in a rush trying to be a productive employee and service the customer.

The only reason the driver left the keys in the truck was it was still running and he did it because it was more convenient and he new that he couldn't get in trouble with telemactics. He didn't turn the truck off and just leave the keys in it people who have to turn the ignition off automatically take the keys with them.

Your theory about to FOB is also BS even with never personal vehicle having a similar FOB most people personal vehicle still uses some sort of key and or have had to use a key to start a car in the past.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Just when I was about to roll on the ground and started laughing, I saw that it wasn't you who got fired.

Here's a guy that would find delight in another's suffering.

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1417914141.660857.jpg

Sent using a Potato

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

...This driver will be made and example of. People that don't follow the rules usually don't get caught the first time so they keep doing it over and over because of it. Also the excuse that he hasn't had to take the keys with him in a while become of the new keyless system is BS.

My package car has had a fob with keyless ignition for almost 3 years now, and my 2012 Toyota Prius came from the factory with one. My '96 F250 pickup does not have keyless ignition.....which is why I keep leaving the keys in it by mistake on the rare occasions that I do drive it.

The driver in question will probably be back in a day or two. His offense would not be a terminable one here in the Western Conference.

UPSGUY72

My package car has had a fob with keyless ignition for almost 3 years now, and my 2012 Toyota Prius came from the factory with one. My '96 F250 pickup does not have keyless ignition.....which is why I keep leaving the keys in it by mistake on the rare occasions that I do drive it.

The driver in question will probably be back in a day or two. His offense would not be a terminable one here in the Western Conference.

As I said he didn't just leave the keys in the ignition he most likely left it running.

Also my car is keys I never have to take the keys out of my pocket to either get in or turn the car on. However my wife isn't and I always take the plastic key out of the ignition after turn the car off because I physically have to turn the key.

Said drive most likely will get his job back but it I would bet it isn't going to be till after the first of the year.

UPSJedi2112

I blast Rush in my truck.
Knew an on-car that stopped to pick up a pizza on his way home. Pizza place is next to UPS store in the strip mall. Air driver leaves package car backed in by front door with back door open, keys in the ignition. Pre fob days. Sup hops in and takes car to end of strip mall, parks. Air driver runs out of the store, screaming. Air driver and a few bystanders rush to where the car is now, all in a panic. I'm told the look on the driver's face was priceless. Sup tossed him the keys, grabbed his pie and went home. Lesson learned.

brown metal coffin

They canned him as an example to others.

Sometimes they make an example out of a driver in the town square to get the other drivers to fall in line. Very unfortunate but sometimes necessary. I certainly hope that something can be worked out where he gets his job back. Im betting that was a lesson learned for sure...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sometimes they make an example out of a driver in the town square to get the other drivers to fall in line. Very unfortunate but sometimes necessary. I certainly hope that something can be worked out where he gets his job back. Im betting that was a lesson learned for sure...

Our center had a rash of accidents over this past summer, several of which were not reported in a timely manner. Our center manager decided to send a message when he fired a senior driver who waited 40 minutes before calling in an accident. The driver sat at home for a week before getting his job back. We all know now that we need to call in accidents right away. Message received.

Fnix

Our center had a rash of accidents over this past summer, several of which were not reported in a timely manner. Our center manager decided to send a message when he fired a senior driver who waited 40 minutes before calling in an accident. The driver sat at home for a week before getting his job back. We all know now that we need to call in accidents right away. Message received.

Sounds like a week long vacation.

OPTION3

Playing “GAMES” with peoples lives........never comes out good