Fired for the first time

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I was just told I'll be back at work tomorrow.

and I got fired for not writing those numbers on the pal label directly on the box.

You know the ones that are already on the box in big bold letters?
did you have a bunch of mis loads

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock

and I got fired for not writing those numbers on the pal label directly on the box.

Wtf literally no one in our hub writes the pal numbers on boxes

snarts

did you have a bunch of mis loads

Wtf literally no one in our hub writes the pal numbers on boxes

They have been going on a disciplinary spree at my hub. If you aren't slaving yourself and meeting their unreasonable productions numbers they will eventually come at you with something. They are even skipping the entire verbal warning process and going straight to warning letters.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
They have been going on a disciplinary spree at my hub. If you aren't slaving yourself and meeting their unreasonable productions numbers they will eventually come at you with something. They are even skipping the entire verbal warning process and going straight to warning letters.
never heard of getting fired for not writing hin numbers on packages, not to mention most people were trained to put the hin label facing out. Also it is redundant to write numbers on bulk packages. Plus some of the bags you cant write on. Also you should of received a warning letter first.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs

They did this for about a week at our center when the suits were coming to audit trucks. Now, nobody cares again. A lot of our drivers throw fits if you don't have the sequence numbers written.

4evapreloader

Note to Management. We switched to PAL labels over 10 years ago. Using crayons is not a new idea, nor is it an original idea.
Hey, the truck number and where it should be loaded is ALREADY PRINTED ON THE PAL LABEL.
So... instead of taking my time to compare the PAL label to the address label, I should be rewriting what's already printed, and rewrite it?

Can someone, anyone in management or IT explain the logic to me??? I just don't get it.
Crayons slow things down and I refuse to use them unless :censored2: managers have been specially flown in to observe a contrived controlled environment the random days they appear .... which aren't random at all.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

Management apparently doesn't understand that firing an employee for a chickenscratch reason like this can change said employee's attitude for ever...and ever.
Wonder if thats what happened to ups lover Dave???

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Back in my preload days, I would write the HIN on the side of most packages. I was just trained that way, and it stuck with me. It helped me keep the packages in order, and I never heard a complaint about my loads from any driver.

Oh, and this was with five package cars.

None of my drivers ever complain about me writing on them. It helps them too so hey why not. The only time I don't do it is when rushing to finish air.

Some of those envelopes go to very formal places, and people expect it to look like it does on TV, and I bet a driver has heard a complaint or two since people probably think they did it.

Lately I've just been toting my air in FDR or RDC, all the drivers love it, then they use the totes for pickups. Saves carrying empty ones that get in the way.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Finally reached another milestone in my UPS career, my first firing.

Had a hearing a back in May about not following methods and procedures and left the hearing with a notice of suspension. Somehow I find out last week that the notice magically changed to a notice of discharge and was upheld and I was "fired" right there on the spot. My shop steward and business agent are currently in the process of getting this overturned and they told I'll be back next week with back pay for all the days I've been out.

I heard you ain't :censored2: until you get fired at least once so I'm glad I have that going for me now.
Waving the ol' "methods violations" song and dance in your face....it's because that's pretty much all they have left in their bag of tricks...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Same guy. He started to walk me out then realized he would have to run the preload, brought me back in. Fired me an hour later, did the same thing.

Fun fact. Same guy promoted me and flew out to my wedding earlier this year. I must have gotten better I guess.
Guy sounds like an idiot!!

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Pretty sad... we can't get enough people to work here and they walk you out for that....lmao....ups acting all stupid again..come on!!!!