Fired! From UPS: Stories About Employees Losing Their Job

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
Driver had a fairly large lunch cooler. Would go out on his deliveries and select one random Omaha Steaks styrofoam package.. cut the shrink wrap off. Replace the steaks with a second tier basement butcher that sold him steaks & burgers wrapped in sealed plastic and he'd re-tape the label and lid. He only do it to one out of maybe 15 he delivered over say a 2-week period. One unlucky receiver called Omaha Steaks complaining because the meat would match the invoice on the label but sometimes they'd have desserts in them or what not at the plastic sealed product wouldn't match, so a secret investigation was happening (maybe even at Omaha) and he or none of us knew... in fact, we were all suspects. They finally caught him by salting his load with one in another city and he opened it removed the steaks, replaced them and slit the pack just enough to get them out and then scanned it as misloaded and bosses came and got it and showed him pictures of the perfect sealed styrofoam cooler and demanded to see his lunch... he confessed.
OUTTA HERE!!!

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
Never been fired in 32 years, know plenty of others who also haven't been fired in the same time frame, guess we aren't :censored2:. Sounds like you're really proud of being a :censored2: up and being fired. You really are an idiot. Oh wait that's right you never really worked here anyways.
You ain’t :censored2: then Holmes

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
Driver had a fairly large lunch cooler. Would go out on his deliveries and select one random Omaha Steaks styrofoam package.. cut the shrink wrap off. Replace the steaks with a second tier basement butcher that sold him steaks & burgers wrapped in sealed plastic and he'd re-tape the label and lid. He only do it to one out of maybe 15 he delivered over say a 2-week period. One unlucky receiver called Omaha Steaks complaining because the meat would match the invoice on the label but sometimes they'd have desserts in them or what not at the plastic sealed product wouldn't match, so a secret investigation was happening (maybe even at Omaha) and he or none of us knew... in fact, we were all suspects. They finally caught him by salting his load with one in another city and he opened it removed the steaks, replaced them and slit the pack just enough to get them out and then scanned it as misloaded and bosses came and got it and showed him pictures of the perfect sealed styrofoam cooler and demanded to see his lunch... he confessed.
OUTTA HERE!!!
Driver's at the PCM the following day wanted to know how he did it because the label does have a breakdown of product, yet how did he know in advance. They said before holidays such as Valentine's Day or Easter or The 4th... Omaha would send out ads... in Parade magazines, online ads, TV ads and almost all the orders were from the ads. So this guy loaded his garage freezer with God only knows what kinda meat... and replaced the steaks, burgers, chops to exact order. I saw him a while back at Auto Zone and said s--- dude I'd of bought you a bundle of that stuff if I knew. He said it wasn't that he couldn't afford it. Just had a problem he was dealing with then.

Shiftless

OP >Fired! From UPS: Stories About Employees Losing Their Job

I think it was 1979 maybe 1980?? I know, I know, most ups drivers today weren't even born yet!

We had three, really nice, well respected, Feeder drivers ( I know OXY-More on ) who I doubt ever had been arrested or had any prior history of any wrong doings. All three were good Family men and seem to be legit just like you and me!

Then one day, Not So Much Anymore! IDIOTS! They stole a trailer from one of our customers. They hatched this idea to move one of the customers trailers to a storage lot. BUT as most criminals are "STUPID" they couldn't resist going to the trailer storage yard to take some of their ill gotten gains! Too STOOOPID to realize this yard never has anyone come in and offload in their yard a portion of a load. The guy who ran the storage yard made the call! FIRED and ARRESTED !

I got to move up the seniority ladder 3 positions in a blink of an eye!

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
OUTTA HERE!!!
What a :censored2:. See ya later!!

Shiftless

I got fired for fighting on property while on duty. Cops came, Started arresting another driver and I along with the two bozo's who thought they were gonna come on property kick some donkey! friend * ! Long story short, first guy decided he wasn't up to fighting the other driver, BUT the other guy decided to have a go with me! He ended up going to the hospital as he was a lil messed up.

Once the story got sorted out. And the ring leader chump who brought his muscle was crying the blues not to be arrested. The other guy going to the hospital was. The other driver and I were fired and walked off the property!

Next day I get a call. Supervisor says to me "you need to come in!" I say, I was told I was fired and I was walked off the property, Talk to my BA! Get another call from the feeder manager"you need to come in right now!" I said again "your supervisor fired me last night and I was walked off the property! So talk to my BA! A few expletives spill out of my phone on his behalf. So I say, actually I am trying to find a good lawyer and hung up on him! 2 minutes later division manager calls. Tells me "you are not fired" and "They should have said go home for the evening" and "how you doing, you OK, I hear you were fine after the incident, when they walked you out"

So the BA and I walk into this office and they are all cordial! "Good to see you they say"! "Sorry about what happened that night!" we have corrected the issue with the supervisor and he no longer works here.

Turns out these two guys were sent to reposes "HIS" only car. But was foiled by the other driver and that is when the incident got started!

Last edited by a moderator:

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
OUTTA HERE!!!
That is just AMAZING. We have seen similar things like that.Gambling with a million dollar career for dollars. The mind boggles....

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
OP >Fired! From UPS: Stories About Employees Losing Their Job

I think it was 1979 maybe 1980?? I know, I know, most ups drivers today weren't even born yet!

We had three, really nice, well respected, Feeder drivers ( I know OXY-More on ) who I doubt ever had been arrested or had any prior history of any wrong doings. All three were good Family men and seem to be legit just like you and me!

Then one day, Not So Much Anymore! IDIOTS! They stole a trailer from one of our customers. They hatched this idea to move one of the customers trailers to a storage lot. BUT as most criminals are "STUPID" they couldn't resist going to the trailer storage yard to take some of their ill gotten gains! Too STOOOPID to realize this yard never has anyone come in and offload in their yard a portion of a load. The guy who ran the storage yard made the call! FIRED and ARRESTED !

I got to move up the seniority ladder 3 positions in a blink of an eye!
do you remember what the booty was?

seekz

I got fired in early April. I refused to deliver to an apartment complex that had a sign on the office window stating one of their tenants had a confirmed case of C-19. I wasn't chancing it. I didn't even try to fight it after they fired me for not working as directed. I have never been happier since then.

542thruNthru

I got fired in early April. I refused to deliver to an apartment complex that had a sign on the office window stating one of their tenants had a confirmed case of C-19. I wasn't chancing it. I didn't even try to fight it after they fired me for not working as directed. I have never been happier since then.
And you never looked back right.