Fired in the first 30 possible for misloads

See it. Say it. Write it.

Use optimal carries. Don't bring packages for other cars with you into a car. If you're doing a stack for picks off the belt, stop it. Use methods and get faster so you don't get a pile of picks. Stop letting flybys go, and you won't have to pick.

If you have cars like PKGS and UPS, and then idk, BRWN and STNK, try and remember them 2x2. So you know the package you have definitely doesn't go into two of them. Try to find something lyrically easy to remember. Like PKGS go with UPS, and some BRWN things STNK. Then label them P1046, U1440, B5880, S6641.

Those aren't real car names but I hope you get the idea.

It helps too if you can stack out an ereg, that keeps egress, and down the side of it write the name of the car. When you walk down the belt you know your last car is that one, and if you have one for your last two it has to be the other one before it. Then on your first truck stack out an erreg, write the car name, and you'll know you're in your work zone by the barriers you've setup.

I've found this helps a lot. Find your own method and work within their methods and you'll succeed. Ask a sup to hang the car name above the bulkhead door so as you're saying "PKGS 8231", holding a box marked P8231, you'll stop in your tracks when you see you're in USAF or whatever your names are.

Trying to qualify. Unfortunately they do not spend the time to train people correctly

New guy the other day got 4 cars. He got most of his instruction by a 2 week veteran. I overheard all of the 2 or 3 minutes of how to do the job. It would've been easier if they taught him how to match names and just throw everything into the car. Would've been easier cleaning up the mess. UPS doesn't care even if they're drowning from lack of bodies.

I doubt you'll get DQ'd. Just slow down. Make sure they go to the right places. If you stack out look at the packages again when loading. It's easy when the belt is on max to grab two, think you'll get right back to putting them in two cars, grab three more and you're misloading 4 of 5 packages.

Edit: I dunno if thus helps you or not but it helped me when I started. When I begin stacking out, I'll put a sturdy box on each side of the entrance. On the right side I'll put 5-6 thousands and 7-8 thousands. So I know if I need to clear a spot fast, I can hit that pile without having to go all the way into the car.

If it helps just grab the package and say to yourself this is BAG 1457, and BAG 1457 goes in the BAG car, and I just loaded B1457 and B2230 into BAG. A few hours of that and you should be fine. I even requested car names at the belt so when I'm exiting the car saying "BAG 1465 on BAG thousand shelf", and I see ERIC sign outside, I know I misloaded 1465 so I don't have to search for "oh which one was it..."

Last edited:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
never stack anything, unless it's a bulk stop that you absolutely cannot contain. I never understood why people stack out; UPS preaches no stacking then obliterates the belts from the primary. Let 'em ride, don't stack. Doing this and paying close attention to what car you are going into, every time, you won't misload.

I always laugh when I look at the preload lines and see MASSIVE stacks behind all of the package cars.

New guy the other day got 4 cars. He got most of his instruction by a 2 week veteran. I overheard all of the 2 or 3 minutes of how to do the job. It would've been easier if they taught him how to match names and just throw everything into the car. Would've been easier cleaning up the mess. UPS doesn't care even if they're drowning from lack of bodies.

I doubt you'll get DQ'd. Just slow down. Make sure they go to the right places. If you stack out look at the packages again when loading. It's easy when the belt is on max to grab two, think you'll get right back to putting them in two cars, grab three more and you're misloading 4 of 5 packages.
Depends on the supervisor. Some are just number crunchers, others can see talent and encourage it. Unfortunately it doesn't happen often enough.

Depends on the supervisor. Some are just number crunchers, others can see talent and encourage it. Unfortunately it doesn't happen often enough.

Yup. I'd say two of our eight belt sups care. I never would've made it without their guidance. I misload once or twice a week. Usually it's when some idiot gets put on my cars while I go fix something for other idiots, and I come back with G4432 in my BRWN car on the thousand shelf.

never stack anything

Good luck with that. When the drivers are supposed to be leaving in 30 minutes, your ground is at 275%, and air is late, you will stack out. Or you can let them ride and let a bunch of other idiots lose your packages and haul 4 cars of flybys back. They ain't reversing the belt just for you.

UofMich19

Thanks, I really think that's what it is. The belt will start to max out and usually it's big awkward packages. So I was trained by the sup to work up the belt by grabbing every package that looks like mine then sort. Which I think is where I get my misloads since it's mostly the bags or the little envelope bag packages.

Have you tried putting totes under the belt in front of your cars and loading those after ground is done? You can also place it in RDR or RDL, to maintain egress, but don't forget about it!

METHODS TO BE DEMONSTRATED

1. Work at the front/head of your work area.

2. Cover your entire work area.

3. Work in the direction of the flow of oncoming packages.

4. Splitters: Face all labels and split packages into two lines.

5. Read every label for load ID.

6. Write HIN or sequence number on shelf package at the earliest opportunity.*

7. Build optimum carries.

8. Make trips to the car from the closest point on the belt (make the belt do the work).

9. Visually identify or "mark the next package up belt to load packages" (e.g., that big crushed Target box is my point of reference and nothing after it is mine - don't mark other people's packages unless they know what your writing means and it helps them. It upsets some people and makes it harder.)

10. Help your Neighbor

11. Handle packages with care.

UofMich19

See it. Say it. Write it.

Use optimal carries. Don't bring packages for other cars with you into a car. If you're doing a stack for picks off the belt, stop it. Use methods and get faster so you don't get a pile of picks. Stop letting flybys go, and you won't have to pick.

If you have cars like PKGS and UPS, and then idk, BRWN and STNK, try and remember them 2x2. So you know the package you have definitely doesn't go into two of them. Try to find something lyrically easy to remember. Like PKGS go with UPS, and some BRWN things STNK. Then label them P1046, U1440, B5880, S6641.

Those aren't real car names but I hope you get the idea.

It helps too if you can stack out an ereg, that keeps egress, and down the side of it write the name of the car. When you walk down the belt you know your last car is that one, and if you have one for your last two it has to be the other one before it. Then on your first truck stack out an erreg, write the car name, and you'll know you're in your work zone by the barriers you've setup.

I've found this helps a lot. Find your own method and work within their methods and you'll succeed. Ask a sup to hang the car name above the bulkhead door so as you're saying "PKGS 8231", holding a box marked P8231, you'll stop in your tracks when you see you're in USAF or whatever your names are.

Thanks, I finally found out that stacks egress really does help which my trainer never told me until another sup told me which helps when moving within the truck.

I have caught myself a few times by looking at the car name on the door. And I was told to circle the car name once I'm in the truck but since I circle before double checking that it's makes it look like another number. For examples two of my three cars are called '610' and '611'. So if I circle it quickly it makes the '610' look like '611'. Instead I think if I underline the car name instead of circle that it will eliminate that probably.

UofMich19

Have you tried putting totes under the belt in front of your cars and loading those after ground is done? You can also place it in RDR or RDL, to maintain egress, but don't forget about it!

Yeah, I was literally thinking that today when I saw the ones that my sup was pulling as misloads on my truck. So I'll ask my sup if that's possible except idk because we don't get the totes until the end, unless they are already on the truck.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Try to do better...but if your building is as screwed as mine they will keep you unless you punch your sup in the face...even then if you apologize they might keep you

UofMich19

Pkg 4247 for 610: ST4247
Pkg 7187 for 611: SE7187

:raspberry-tounge:

That makes sense if I use letters to identify instead of numbers.
Pkg 7000 for 609: A 7000

Or something along those lines, I understand we have to say the numbers but after like 500 the numbers start to blur together. So I'll looking at the car name on the package and trying to focus on saying the number but I'll word vomit the label while walking on the car so my mind thinks that it's correct. The method of saying the number works on the big boxes or the egress because physically I can only do one package at a time. But those little ones since I can optimum Carrie those is where the saying the numbers don't work. Cause since I have the label facing me I'll probably be looking at the two diff packages label at the same time, so if I label them by letters that it'll help.