Fired in the first 30 possible for misloads

UofMich19

Try to do better...but if your building is as screwed as mine they will keep you unless you punch your sup in the face...even then if you apologize they might keep you

Another person whose been there longer said that my hub need bodies bad. His exact words. So I'm hoping if I go to my head sup on the next work day that I'll be able to discuss what works and what I've notice about my mistakes. And she'll see that I'm trying to correct my misloads.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
So I was trained by the sup to work up the belt by grabbing every package that looks like mine then sort.
No. Just no. That sup should be terminated.

If you're grabbing a stack of AQUAs you shouldn't have any BLUEs with them. That's just asking for misloads.

Avoid stacking outside the car as much as possible. Stacking always= higher misloads. It's not a question of if you will have some, it's how many. If you are getting behind take your first car's stack and place it inside the car. Then onto your next one and so on. If you leave stacks behind the car and you have a minute to clean up you're just going going going and it's extremely easy to grab the wrong one as you're doing your thing.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Good luck with that. When the drivers are supposed to be leaving in 30 minutes, your ground is at 275%, and air is late, you will stack out. Or you can let them ride and let a bunch of other idiots lose your packages and haul 4 cars of flybys back. They ain't reversing the belt just for you.
You can disagree, but I am correct. I've preloaded both belt to car, and boxline - part-time and full-time - and NEVER stack anything. Basically, I'm one of the very few if not, the only preloader to NEVER stack - and my loads were always among the best. A few misloads for sure, but not out of control.

Again, I always chuckle when people on pulls to my left and right are JACKED with stacks -you can't get by, or even see past; but in the middle is me, with a few totes full of airs and nothing else on the ground. :D

Believe me , a poorly loaded car - and one single misload- the driver will take the misload all day. I know from being a driver, I'll take the misload. But the way to misload, and to ruin a drivers day, is to stack stack stack all morning then throw it all in at 9:15am.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
See it. Say it. Write it.

Use optimal carries. Don't bring packages for other cars with you into a car. If you're doing a stack for picks off the belt, stop it. Use methods and get faster so you don't get a pile of picks. Stop letting flybys go, and you won't have to pick.

If you have cars like PKGS and UPS, and then idk, BRWN and STNK, try and remember them 2x2. So you know the package you have definitely doesn't go into two of them. Try to find something lyrically easy to remember. Like PKGS go with UPS, and some BRWN things STNK. Then label them P1046, U1440, B5880, S6641.

Those aren't real car names but I hope you get the idea.

It helps too if you can stack out an ereg, that keeps egress, and down the side of it write the name of the car. When you walk down the belt you know your last car is that one, and if you have one for your last two it has to be the other one before it. Then on your first truck stack out an erreg, write the car name, and you'll know you're in your work zone by the barriers you've setup.

I've found this helps a lot. Find your own method and work within their methods and you'll succeed. Ask a sup to hang the car name above the bulkhead door so as you're saying "PKGS 8231", holding a box marked P8231, you'll stop in your tracks when you see you're in USAF or whatever your names are.

TLDR

Another person whose been there longer said that my hub need bodies bad. His exact words. So I'm hoping if I go to my head sup on the next work day that I'll be able to discuss what works and what I've notice about my mistakes. And she'll see that I'm trying to correct my misloads.

Oh totally missed you're a woman. Good thing your head sup is female, too. Every woman I've met at UPS has said they've had a hard time advancing in the company because they're not a guy. Going to your head sup for advice on how to do your job better will at least give them an inkling your immediate sup isn't doing their job.

Are all your misloads wrong cars or putting next day air under stacks of randoms? You can also keep a second tote, and if your driver's air is super light, just put a tote with 4 envelopes in the "batter's box" - between the bulkhead door and where two people can stand shoulder to shoulder - and your driver will love you.

If you show up to work on time and they're understaffed you'll be fine. We kept a guy who would really only just pull his stuff. They moved him to unload because all he has to do is move things and not think.. I'd be walking out at 930 or 10 and he's just starting to plug away, kept same pace for a month I'm surprised he kept his job. Likely because people are quitting faster than we can hire.

They may want you better, too (of course under UPS threat of punishment) so you can run smalls. Get good at the small ones. They open up some nice jobs you'll be able to get when you get seniority.

What you can also do is keep your load reports for the day. I have one from every day I've worked and I keep it in a work folder with everything else. I'll write down what pull I was on, if there were extenuating circumstances. Like having a low PPH but I cleaned up other cars for 3 hours. That way they can't say it was poor performance. Or if I have a lot of misloads, I'll remember it was those 3 days of 4k extra pieces and literally nobody else to come in to work skeleton crew.

Last edited:

UofMich19

No. Just no. That sup should be terminated.

If you're grabbing a stack of AQUAs you shouldn't have any BLUEs with them. That's just asking for misloads.

Avoid stacking outside the car as much as possible. Stacking always= higher misloads. It's not a question of if you will have some, it's how many.

Okay, I agree.

When you say avoid stacking are you talking about egress as well?

Again, I always chuckle when people on pulls to my left and right are JACKED with stacks -you can't get by, or even see past; but in the middle is me, with a few totes full of airs and nothing else on the ground. :D

What is your secret? Are you at the end of the belt?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
r u good-looking

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Oh totally missed you're a woman. Good thing your head sup is female, too. Every woman I've met at UPS has said they've had a hard time advancing in the company because they're not a guy. Going to your head sup for advice on how to do your job better will at least give them an inkling your immediate sup isn't doing their job.

Are all your misloads wrong cars or putting next day air under stacks of randoms? You can also keep a second tote, and if your driver's air is super light, just put a tote with 4 envelopes in the "batter's box" - between the bulkhead door and where two people can stand shoulder to shoulder - and your driver will love you.

If you show up to work on time and they're understaffed you'll be fine. We kept a guy who would really only just pull his stuff. They moved him to unload because all he has to do is move things and not think.. I'd be walking out at 930 or 10 and he's just starting to plug away, kept same pace for a month I'm surprised he kept his job. Likely because people are quitting faster than we can hire.

They may want you better, too (of course under UPS threat of punishment) so you can run smalls. Get good at the small ones. They open up some nice jobs you'll be able to get when you get seniority.

What you can also do is keep your load reports for the day. I have one from every day I've worked and I keep it in a work folder with everything else. I'll write down what pull I was on, if there were extenuating circumstances. Like having a low PPH but I cleaned up other cars for 3 hours. That way they can't say it was poor performance. Or if I have a lot of misloads, I'll remember it was those 3 days of 4k extra pieces and literally nobody else to come in to work skeleton crew.
too much

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Hey everyone,
Obviously I'm a new hire right before peak and am going on my third week of preloading. Yesterday I got called into the office for having 16 misloads mostly from mis-stacking. Yesterday, I had three, so now they moved me further up the belt, which I like better, but a sup checked my trucks today and I still had about four misloads.

The four misloads that I did have were the small flat bag like packages on my 611 or 610 truck but I think it's because I gotten use to having 601 for the past two weeks. I've been told a number of time to slow down. But I am put on the blue belt at the hub which is the first group to leave at 9am sharp. So I feel like I can't go slow since I'm then told to speed up or told to catch up on my stacks.

Is there any tips someone can give about misloads? Can I be let go before my 30 days for misloads?
Slow down dummy. They will not get rid of you. They need bodies and are paying crap for the job.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Preloaders do not realize how much money misloads cist the company. Sure we all make a mistake now and then. But you got to get it together
there is no proven method for reducing misloads, other than smart-scan

they can't just "get it together", whatever the :censored2: that even means