Fired on 2nd day any help?

Mdet

My supervisors didn’t like me and were harassing me both days everything I did they said it wasn’t good enough or fast enough they told me I walk too slow and my actions were a recurring thing in only two days they even told me this was a bad time to come in because they couldn’t really train me properly but after today I didn’t understand what someone told me to do on a truck and one supervisor started yelling at me in my face anyway is it anything I can do to get my job back I wanna work and don’t think I should of been fired mid shift
Hey I had the samething happen in my building today a kid was throwing boxes at someone and then threat someone on the other side of the belt and got into arguement and the other union steward got involved and and the kid was fired. First what happen to u if u did something that was wrong then u can get fired for it. The union steward in your building could have backed u if u are in the Union. One thing u can do is contact your Hr in your local so that would be your best choice.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
This isn't a job for everybody, especially if you move at a slow pace starting out. I don't know what position you were in but you have to show some initiative and act like you want to work. They expect you to pick up the pace as you learn what you are supposed to be doing. Those boxes aren't going to move if you stand around just looking at them. A lot of people quit right off the bat because the starting pay isn't that good and it takes a while to really start cashing in. Management isn't going to keep somebody around that they think is going to slow down their operation in the long run. Firing somebody after just after two days this time of the year is just about unheard of.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
My supervisors didn’t like me and were harassing me both days everything I did they said it wasn’t good enough or fast enough they told me I walk too slow and my actions were a recurring thing in only two days they even told me this was a bad time to come in because they couldn’t really train me properly but after today I didn’t understand what someone told me to do on a truck and one supervisor started yelling at me in my face anyway is it anything I can do to get my job back I wanna work and don’t think I should of been fired mid shift
giphy-21.gif

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

How did you respond towards the sup when he/she was yelling in your face? I noticed you quickly glossed over that. Something tells me your response is what got you fired.

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
Is only one way to get your job back!

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
Were you from Lazy Town?
Wow! What a terrible cartoon Universal put out. That's shameful. I had to research it to see if it was really produced.

To the OP, that is tough during these times & Thanksgiving. Hopefully you'll find some good work during the holidays. You were just seasonal at UPS more than likely. If you got fired you won't get your job back. No matter how raw of a deal they dealt ya.
Good Luck & Stay Positive.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
All I can say is I'm glad I can ENJOY doing "good, productive" work here and also openly hate my position, the company, shareholders and capitalism as a whole.
Some supervisors just won't ever understand that married dichotomy. And unfortunately they fired you in the small window they actually have the power to do so.
It's my belief that, at least for PT, it's relatively easy to get back in if you ignore the sense of fear and directly talk to as many people as you can.

Last edited:

Mere924

How did you respond towards the sup when he/she was yelling in your face? I noticed you quickly glossed over that. Something tells me your response is what got you fired.
I literally told the man I’m sorry for tossing the boxes to the side because he asked me to do that but I said sorry 2 times he just told me to stop telling him sorry I never disrespected the man I was actually afraid of him

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
Were you from Lazy Town?

wow, not too long ago that was considered ok for children.
Wow! What a terrible cartoon Universal put out. That's shameful. I had to research it to see if it was really produced.

To the OP, that is tough during these times & Thanksgiving. Hopefully you'll find some good work during the holidays. You were just seasonal at UPS more than likely. If you got fired you won't get your job back. No matter how raw of a deal they dealt ya.
Good Luck & Stay Positive.

yeah, I grew up in the 1980s and by then the more obviously racist stuff like that cartoon was gone.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
I literally told the man I’m sorry for tossing the boxes to the side because he asked me to do that but I said sorry 2 times he just told me to stop telling him sorry I never disrespected the man I was actually afraid of him
Fired at the beginning of possibly the worst peak in our history for nothing? I'm not buying it.
Sorry, but you won't get your job back. Good luck.